/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interfaith Dialogue Questions

Mungling
07-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Basically over the past couple of months I’ve been mulling the idea of some sort of interfaith dialogue between my university’s local Catholic association (of which I am a party to) and the local Muslim Student’s Association. At the end of the past year I casually threw out the idea to some individuals of both sides and there was some interest. Consequently, I believe this is an idea I will attempt realize.

I have two main questions for the local board:

1) Putting yourself in the place of a young University student (or answering honestly if you’re already in that age range), is this an event that would in any way interest you? Obviously, it’s the opinions of those actually attending the institution that matter, but any input is valuable.

2) Assuming you were interested in attending such an event, what exactly would you like to see occur. Debate? Some sort of talk? None of the above? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for any input.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
07-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Mungling; thanks for starting this thread, I hope you get lots of responses.

Sharing food is always good, being able to talk together is fine, doing and sharing in good deeds is better. Are there community projects you can volunteer for together, can you raise money for some good cause

We share one community. What can we do together better than we can do apart

How can we work together with the university, police, council and other services in our town.

Does your religion tell you to care for those in need? - So does mine.

Does your religion tell you to put aside your own desires and to submit to and obey God? - So does mine.

Service unites, doctrine divides.

There is One God, we are created by the same God, and the same God hears all our prayers, despite all our differences.

Can we pray for each other, that we might all find salvation despite our differences.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Just_A_Girl13
07-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Salaam,

I agree with brother Eric. A service project would be an excellent idea as it would unite the students towards one common goal, I suppose both literally and metaphorically. Some discussion would also be a good idea. I would hesitate to involve a debate, however, because I can see numerous ways in which it could go badly wrong. The last thing you want is for people to be forced into a position of "picking sides." I think the point of an interfaith gathering should be to demonstrate that even though we have different beliefs, we are all brothers and sisters.

Peace and blessings be with you, and good luck on your project :)

Mungling
07-23-2011, 11:29 PM
I absolutely love the idea of doing an community project together. What a beautiful, sysinct, and useful way of demonstrating the commonalities of our respect beliefs. I agree that debate was really the wrong way to go, but it had been suggested. But doing a community project is just fantastic. What a wonderful idea!

Any more suggestions are welcome! Great start!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!