/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Death

sister herb
07-23-2011, 03:27 AM
Salam alaykum

I have student from Sri Lanka, woman, non-muslim. Hers mother and daughter died in tsunami 2004. She talks about it and I don´t know what to say. I don´t want to repeat empty words she has heard too many times.

I usually just hug her.

What I could say to her? How to make hers mind and memories lighter? I don´t know her religion. I don´t ask it from my students.

:heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-23-2011, 10:14 AM
:sl:

I will start with a story. My main business is service the customers who want to send package from Bandung to various cities in Indonesia. I started this business in 2002. In the past I had a customer who always sent shoes to Banda Aceh regularly, but after tsunami 2004 hit Banda Aceh, he never sent shoes to Banda Aceh again.

One day in 2006, two young guys around 20 years old visit my office. They sat in front of my desk and, the first guy asked me about sending package while the second guy silent. I don't remember what was the beginning, but I told him,
"In the past, there was a customer who always sent shoes to Banda Aceh, but it's stopped after tsunami 2004. Might be because the receiver in Banda Aceh became victim in that tsunami".
The first guy looked at my face, gave a sign to me with his head to look at the second guy.
"His family too" he said.
Silent for a moment. Then he told me again
"He is from Banda Aceh, he lost his parents and his other family members in that disaster"
I looked at the second guy, he smile to me, but I didn't see sadness in his face.

Of course, not every person who lost his/her family in that disaster is strong like him.

Back to your case. What can you say to her ?. You don't need to say anything, just give her you smile, hold her hand, hug her, and let her cry if she wants to cry. It's better than thousand words.

Show her you can be a friend for her. She need friends and she need time before she can accept the destiny.

Hamza Asadullah
07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

I have student from Sri Lanka, woman, non-muslim. Hers mother and daughter died in tsunami 2004. She talks about it and I don´t know what to say. I don´t want to repeat empty words she has heard too many times.

I usually just hug her.

What I could say to her? How to make hers mind and memories lighter? I don´t know her religion. I don´t ask it from my students.

:heated:
Asalaamu Alaikum, Just be yourself towards her and natural as your concern for her will come across more genuine. Maybe it's a good opportunity to give indirect dawah to her like for example to say to her that as a muslim you believe this or that regarding natural disasters, destiny and death etc. Maybe share a few verses of the Qur'an or hadith of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam). Also make dua that Allah guides her to the straight path.

And Allah knows best in all matters

May Ayob
07-28-2011, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Show her you can be a friend for her. She need friends and she need time before she can accept the destiny.
The above and also, try to do some other activities with other , like invite her to the Mosque or a Charity Organization.. Also Make Duaa for her Praying for her will insha'Allah make things better, try in a nice way to change the subject and speak about positive things

I don't know what else to say...
May God reward you and Help her and Protect you both.

Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!