/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umrah

Lonely Gal
07-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Salaam,
Iv just bought a house and borrowed money from family and friends,does this mean i cant go umrah until i pay everything back first?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-26-2011, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
Salaam,
Iv just bought a house and borrowed money from family and friends,does this mean i cant go umrah until i pay everything back first?
Asalaamu Alaikum, Jazakallahu Khayr for your question: According to Shaykh Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf Mangera:

It would be permissible for one to go for Umra, even if one is in debt. This is if the traveling will not delay the repayment of the loan due upon him.

If going for Umra will cause him to delay in his repayment then it would be prohibitively disliked to travel unless permission is granted by the creditor (as explained by Ibn Abidin in Radd al-Muhtar).

Please remember that unnecessarily delaying in repaying a loan and incurring interest is not permissible, and highly sinful.

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...&ID=455&CATE=7

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!