/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Update on things

gs450la
07-28-2011, 09:50 AM
:sl:

Hope everyone is doing well and taking advantage of the good deeds before Ramadan. I wanted to update everyone on things going on in my life at the moment.

Alhumdillalah, thanks to the prayers and support by you guys, I was able to gain admission into a medical school that is 7 hours away from home (by car). I am very happy that I have been given this opportunity to pursue my life long desire to be a doctor that is committed to helping others. Additionally, I am on the waiting list for another medical school that is 1.5 hours away (by car) and that costs considerably less and for which I may be eligible to receive grants/scholarships that will prevent me from taking loans. I am totally against the idea of taking loans due to religious constraints and bad experiences with friends so I am hoping to get into the cheaper school. This is pending an open seat becomes available between now and August 6th.

More importantly, with the chaos that is going on right now in my house (parent's divorce, house being sold, sick grandmother and all the problems with my 14 y.o. sister), I think it would be a good idea for me to be close enough to be there if something disastrous were to happen. I have this strong fear that something will happen to that effect so that is a big motivator for me to stay close. However, most importantly, this past year has been pure misery for my family specifically due to my sister and her psychological illness. My 10 year old brother has had no one besides me to help him with homework, take him places, feed him etc. in order to spare him the psychological trauma that he would have incurred had he been exposed to my sister on a continuous basis.

While a do realize, that regardless of where I go for medical school, I am going to have to be seriously committed to my academics especially under the pressure cooker academic environment. I still feel that if I go to the school near by, I would be able to visit more frequently (say once or twice a week) just to make sure he's okay. He's a precious little angel for me and my heart shatters knowing the current climate in our home. Honestly, I am so scared of my sister's violent tantrums that I just confine myself to my room most of the time.

I would kindly request dua's for my admission into the medical school that is near. I know it is unlikely that someone will drop their seat from the program, but if it happens, I would be allowed to move up from the waiting list. I'm just almost there...and I know with your duas inshallah I can get in! Jazakallah!

Blessings,
Ehsan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam brother Ehsan,

Jazakallaahu khayran for updating us. I am happy to hear that there has been some positive news.

You mentioned some very good reasons for wanting to be at the closer medical school. Don't give up hope in that - it is very possible that you can still get the place. I know someone who was in a similar position in this regard - they were put on a reserve list and it turned out that they got the place Alhamdulillah. So place your trust in Allaah (swt) and keep asking Him to cause the best outcome for you.

Perhaps you can also take your little brother to stay at your place for a while (during holidays etc.) if that can be managed Insha'Allaah. Just an idea.

May Allaah (swt) rectify the affairs of your household and give complete shifaa to your grandmother and younger sister. May He (swt) also cause the best outcome for you, Aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!