/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan in Somalia

sister herb
07-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Ramadan is getting close to us Inshallah,and we are already planning how we will spend this blessed month in ibadah and in doing good deeds, we are also planning which food and drink we will make on iftar, our houses and are gardens are especialy clean in this time of year, but somewhere in the world our Muslims brothers and sisters do not have even slice of bread to break their fast during Ramadhan.

Please dear brothers and sisters do not forget to give sadaqa for our Muslim brothers and sisters in Somalia, because they are passing trough difficult time.

Allah subhane we teala sais in Quraan:

"The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower. ( Surah Al Baqarah, ayah 261)

Here is the photo of one innocnet child that should be enough remainder for all of us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alhamdulilaah
07-29-2011, 08:46 PM
May Allah make matters easy for them and take them out of difficulties,ameen.

May Ayob
07-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Jazak Allah Khair sis for reminding us, May Allah make it easy for them.

Reflections
07-31-2011, 01:22 PM
SubhanAllah..May Allah help them through and pour sabr upon them..allahoma ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
07-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I fear Allah's punishment will come on the world for the suffering of the Somalians and noone doing enough to help them. the world today isn't like it was hundreds of years ago. back then if some ppl were dying of hunger, other nations wouldn't know about them \. but today news services reach them and take the news to every part of the world. also, now we got planes that can be used to take food and water to these people within hours. but yet noone is doing that. at least enough isn't being done. some ppl are so rich they could afford to rent a plane and fill it with food and take it to the somalians but that isn't being done. the fact that Allah hasn't finished all these heartless people with an His punishment is amazing. however, it won't be for long. i expect Allah's punishment will be here soon. if all the inhabitants of earth were killed in a great tsunami it wouldn't be strange.

Starrynight
08-01-2011, 01:00 AM
I have been praying for them. But I am so stuck on what else to do after that...

Futuwwa
08-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Do you know of any cost-effective way to direct zakat towards those who suffer from the Somalian drought?

Yanal
08-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Asalam alaikum sister,

insha'Allaah all of you are in my duas,may Allah ease all your pains and grant you all blessings. Ameen to all the duas on this thread.
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Do you know of any cost-effective way to direct zakat towards those who suffer from the Somalian drought?
Insha'Allaah brother,if I may suggest ask around in your local mosque,someone may have the knowledge to that.

A-Brother
08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Bismillahirahmaniraheem
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
Tuesday 9 August 2011 | 9 Ramadhaan 1432 AH

At a time when mother's are puzzled what dish of food to cook, a mother in Somalia has to decide which child to feed while the other has to DIE ! Make The Difference And Donate Whatever You Can To This Cause And Save A Child Or A Families Life !!

A-Brother
08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Donate by Text: Text AFRC11 £1/£5/£10 to 70070,
e.g. AFRC11 £5 to give £5

sister herb
08-09-2011, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Salam alaykum;

as brother Yanal wrote, you can ask advice from your local mosque. In my city is also Somali Society and we just ask its leader send our help to Somalians. If you like to use this way, you can contact to me.

Muaz bin Jabal
08-10-2011, 01:18 AM
assalam alaykum,

I've known many great Somalians throughout my life, they are great people, mashallah.

A-Brother
08-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Please Donate Towards The Crisis In Somalia/Kenya. Some Places Which Were Visited - Animals Are Lying On The Floor - Its Like A Semi Desert - Some Say It Reminds Them Of The Sahabas And Of The Difficulty They Went Through - Thats Why Its So Important To Give Zakaat.
Rasulullah SAW has said, "The nation that does not give Zakaat, Allah will bring about a drought on them (i.e. necessities of life, will become scarce.)"

Some Places Visited Animals Are On The Floor Dead..... Some Places The Charity Workers Are Told That " You Are The 1st Muslims To Come And Help " ...... "The Muslims Only Give A Limited Ammount "

And When The Christians Come They Ask " How Much Would You Like"

Some Said That When The Non Muslims Go To Give Aid" They Say That Naaooodhooobillah That There Is No Islam :( "

Please Donate Brothers And Sisters

Please

"We have met a woman who is 78 years old, who had walked for three months from Somalia and didn't know where the rest of her family were."

"When you see these people it's so emotional, but you can't show it because you have to be strong for them.

"There was a child who was less than a year old and his body was so tiny, just like so many others.

"I just wanted to cuddle him after all he had been through.

"When we turned up at the camps, we were surrounded because people thought we had arrived with food."

The men gave what they had with them – oranges and sweets – to some children in the camp.

"They didn't know what to do with the oranges and they started eating the sweets with the wrappers still on.

"People were fighting over the plastic carrier bags we had with us, I suppose for them to use as some kind of protection from the sun. Families are turning up with absolutely nothing but the clothes they are wearing – it's so upsetting."

Source Of Some Of The Last Quotes: thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Aid-volunteers-tell-desperate-scenes-Africa/story-13010815-detail/story

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!