/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taraweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Beardo
07-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Anyone notice how I put 20 "e"s in Taraweeh? lol

Anyhow, please make dua. I'm so anxious about leading this year. Taraweeh is only two days away (Masjid doesn't follow moonsighting) and I still don't know how much I'll be leading. I strongly dislike these last minute decisions, but nonetheless, please please please make dua for me.

So, how many days your masjid usually take to finish the Khatam?

For my Masjid, we usuallydo 27. I requested we do 24, but they wouldn't hear of it. :| I'll be talking to them after Maghrib today about it.

Actually, I'm not sure WHAT they want me to talk about. The president just told me, "You'll be talking about Ramadan and Youth Group for 20 minutes after maghrib." I hope he's not expecting me to talk about the virtues of Ramadan. :skeleton:

Ramadan Mubarak people! x)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
07-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Salam Alaikkum Brother
What an exciting moment, you must be good to be chosen, ya salam

May Allah be pleased with you, you can do it inshallah.

Misz_Muslimah
07-31-2011, 03:08 PM
May Allah make it easy for you brother..

GuestFellow
07-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Salaam,

Luck you, at least you have something to do! Be proud.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Haya emaan
07-31-2011, 05:18 PM
ramadhan mubarak...
MASHALLAH! may Allah bless you..

mrashidhai
08-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Brother, it is blessings of Allah upon you that you have been chosen to lead Taraveh prayers.

Taraveh prayers are in fact the Tahajjud prayers. Generally the entire Quran is recited and finished in these Taraveh prayers, but that is not obligatory but customary.

If Quran is being recited in Taraveh prayers then it is better that the Quran be finished on the last day of Ramzan. To make 27th of Ramzan mandatory for completing the Quran should be unwarranted.

Abu Zainab
08-06-2011, 11:15 AM
May Allaah help you brother and make it easy for you. How are you doing so far?

Ramadhan
08-06-2011, 02:05 PM
My neighborhood masjid started from Al Baqarah and continue in order, that is until ten days, and then the rawatib imam (regular imam) would stray off and does not complete the Qur'an.

There is a big masjid not far from where I live,in the Indonesian Central Bank complex who would finish 3 juz in one night!

tw009
08-06-2011, 06:52 PM
May Allah make it easier for you and all the other brothers who are leading Taraweeh this Ramadan. I know it can be a huge responsibility but at the same time it truly is a blessing.

ardianto
08-09-2011, 03:13 PM
An Indonesian famous da'i said in his khutbah :

"Taraweeh is like a tournament with three rounds. The first teen days is elimination round, all participants are present. The second teen days is semifinal, a number of participants have been eliminated. The last days is final round, only the best participants who still compete in this round".

Ramadhan
08-09-2011, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
An Indonesian famous da'i said in his khutbah :

"Taraweeh is like a tournament with three rounds. The first teen days is elimination round, all participants are present. The second teen days is semifinal, a number of participants have been eliminated. The last days is final round, only the best participants who still compete in this round".
True.
In my neighborhood masjid, it was full and overflowing with jamaah and some had to pray outside masjid. Tonight it was only half full, and normally towards the end of ramadan only two rows will survive.

SyrianFellow
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Salams,

Inshallah i'll make d'ua for you and inshallah you will continue to do great.
May Allah continue on guiding you.

- SyrianFellow

Beardo
08-13-2011, 09:50 PM
In India, one brother was telling me they're doing two khatams in twenty days!

We're doing one in 27 days. O.O Still, I request your duas.

How much does your Masjid recite each day?

ardianto
08-14-2011, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

We're doing one in 27 days. O.O Still, I request your duas.
If those Indian brothers do two khatams in 20 days, so why ?. Recite Qur'an is not a race, bro. It's OK if in your masjid you and other brothers do one khatam in 27 days, not every Muslim is Hafiz. Also, quality is better than quantity.

How much does your Masjid recite each day?
One juz each night.

piXie
08-14-2011, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Do they read taraweeh or do they read tartartartartar?

Haya emaan
08-14-2011, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
they just do trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ coz not a word is understood...
and if you are praying behind them you just keep on yawing...:hmm:

ardianto
08-14-2011, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
Not taraweeh but tadarus, recite Qur'an in ramadhan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!