/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Losing hope

anonymous
08-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I really am losing hope in Islam.
I am trying to pray 5 times a day but nothing. I feel I'm wasting my time either that or Allah doesn't love me. Nothing is going right for me. I want a new job I want to marry but nothing.
I give sadqa each month n pray my heart out and I prayed for a new job and marriage whilst at umrah a few months back but nothing.I just don't know why to do. Allah is really testing me but it's too hard.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
08-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I know how you feel, I've often felt like how you described, I tell myself that I have much to be thankful for and there is many who have worse life's than me, and compared to them I should be very happy and content with how my life is.

shible
08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Salaam,

My home was near a Slum area, and when I felt the same way I used to take a walk and see the ppl there living in streets yet they were smiling and enjoying their life.

Seeing them I tell to myself that Allah has kept me in much better place than them. But I cannot comment of how you take it. This was my past experience and how i had handled it.

Soulja Girl
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
:sl:

I feel like that too today loll.. But don't lose hope in Allah.. Be patient and you'll see the fruits of it later on in life.. You don't know what Allah has in store for you, maybe he is just testing your patience.. And remember, there's always, always something to be thankful for.. :)

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
08-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Jzk everyone.
Sweet responses.
I know giving up maybe the worst thing but I can't help it. My intention is to complete Quran this month and pray to get married and get a good job.

anonymous
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
OK I can't do this anymore. I didn't even pray ishA and it's ramadhan. I feel weak

Alpha Dude
08-01-2011, 10:18 PM
:sl:
I understand what you are going through. However, there is no other way to get out of this than to use your will power. Have firm conviction and an optimistic outlook on Allah. If you approach Allah with negative thoughts to begin with, then the end result will not be in your favour.

gladTidings
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Salaam,

We are in the blessed month,alhamdullilah, and we dont know whether we will live to see another ramadhan...make the most of the rewards Allah swt is offering and pray to Him sincerely. If you believe He will help you then He will surely help you. Allah swt says that He is what His servant thinks Him to be. Allah swt is the most merciful the most kind, just a matter of believing it. Learn His attributes, understand them and surely you will believe in them. Allah knows best.

Ws

Salahudeen
08-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Very true what Alhpa said, there is hadith qudsi that goes, "I am as my servant thinks of me" so try to approach Allah with good thoughts of him inshaAllah.

aadil77
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Jzk everyone.
Sweet responses.
I know giving up maybe the worst thing but I can't help it. My intention is to complete Quran this month and pray to get married and get a good job.
Brother it's a massive test of patience and conditioning. I was in need of a decent job - I prayed in every dua, it took two years till I finally got one. But the reason why it took so long was that I wasn't in the right frame of mind; I thought I'd never get one, I was always being negative, I didn't put enough faith in Allah cause I thought I was cursed or something and I wasn't grateful enough for the things I already had. Then when I finally changed my attitude and the time was right Allah blessed me with a job.

Never ever give up your salaah no matter what - salaah is the only connection you have with Allah if you give that up there is no hope. Shaytaan will play with you at this time, he'll tell you theres no point in bothering praying because theres no hope or anything positive to come. But Allah is conditioning you, He wants you to change your ways for the better and give you everything once the time is right and you're in the right condition. It's hard but keep saying insha'Allah, put more faith in Allah and watch how things will improve.

May Ayob
08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Don't Loose hope, I think this is where a wisdom comes in fasting , We all fast during the day but anyone wondered why we finally put something in our mouth when it's sunset and Sun is down.
I know some people who said that when they really want something it doesn't come to them but the moment they leave it or forget about it it suddenly comes our of " no where". It always happens, You will find a good job and you will get married and have a happy marriage but you have to be patient.
When Prophet Yusuf PBUH; had a dream and his father told him he would be a great man in the future anyone could have possibly said : Yeah right like it's ever going to happen . He was a 11 year old , who live a nomadic life HOW could he become a prestigoius minister in Egypt, what could have made him loose hope was the times his brother tried to assasinate him and then him becoming a slave but one should never loose hope in Allah because when He promises something He will most certainly make it come true. Be patient, Don't get down because you didn't pray Fajr Be in awe with Allah and Pray to Him and say what ever is in your heart as if you would say it to your best friend tell him your fears and dreams and tell Him you know that no one will ever help you but Him.
God is aware of everything He is the all-Hearer the All-Seer. Never hesitate when it comes to giving Charity , it is the only thing that one can do that qualifies them into actually being a human being. There are 11 million children dying each year before reaching the age of 5 at least you're still alive. Every 6 second a human being dies out of poverty/ hunger atleast you have something to eat and drink.

I have a poem here that I asked a brother for (Eric H) , I read It really shows how God almighty answers prayers and that sometimes you don't get everything you want but you will definately get everything you need because this world does not equal a mosqitoes wing's weight in the eyes of God:

I asked for Strength.........
And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And God gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And God gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And God gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And God gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And God gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

I hope this Helps, May Allah ease all your and everyone else's hardships and Grant you happiness in this World and the Hereafter

Salaam

Hamza Asadullah
08-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I am trying to pray 5 times a day but nothing. I feel I'm wasting my time either that or Allah doesn't love me. Nothing is going right for me. I want a new job I want to marry but nothing.
I give sadqa each month n pray my heart out and I prayed for a new job and marriage whilst at umrah a few months back but nothing.I just don't know why to do. Allah is really testing me but it's too hard.
Asalaamu Alaikum, You are clearly feeling frustration with regards to the fact that you feel that nothing is going your way but what we must realise is that what we think is best for us is not necesserily what is actually best for us. When we do not get our way we start to think "What is the point of praying when nothing is going my way?" But is this really how we should think? Look at the lives of the great Prophets. They were persecuted, mocked, ridiculed and even spat upon. Nothing went there way until a very long time of patience and perseverance.

So what does it mean to be patient through trials and hardships?

What it means to be patient through hardships is to accept the decree of Allah and not to question it saying: "Why me"? to Allah. We should accept that Allah has inflicted this hardship on us in order to test us so that he may differentiate the strong and firm believer to the weak.

By being patient it also means that we should not complain to others about our hardships trials and misfortunes but we should remain steadfast and thank Allah and ask him to make us patient and fim. We should put all of our trust in Allah and know that he is doing what is best for us.

Patience through hardships removes sins

No Muslim is afflicted with harm because of sickness or some other inconvenience, but that Allah will remove his sins for him as a tree sheds its leaves. (Bukhari)

We should know that these afflictions will disolve our sins like salt dissolves in water and it maybe that on the day of judgement a person who was tested so much that he may little or no sins left.

No one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience. (Bukhari and Muslim)

Patience through prayer

We should ask of Allah to remove our burden as long as it is better for us but those with the firmest of beliefs want to be tested more so that they may gain closeness to Allah because it is trials and hardships which bring a believer closest to Allah.

It is trials and hardships which cause a person to be the best of the believers and gain the highest ranks of Jannah. It is trials and beliefs which make a person a strong firm believer.
O ye who believe! seek help with patient perseverance and prayer: for Allah is with those who patiently persevere. (2:153)

Seek (Allah's) help with patient perseverance and prayer. (2:45)
So when we experience trials and hardships then Allah is wanting us to be patient and persevere and turn towards him in prayer. As well as the 5 daily Salaah we should turn towards him in the latter portions of the night at Tahajjud time for this is a time when Allah showers his mercy the most. We should beg and cry to him and ask of him for forgiveness and also thank him abundantly.

And during part of the night (also) celebrate His praises and (so likewise) after the postures of adoration. (50:40)

But man has been created impatient:

Truly man was created very impatient: fretful when evil touches him, and niggardly when good reaches him. (70:19-21)
There are two categories of people that we should never fall into regarding trials and hardships:

1. One is he who asks of Allah when affliction hits him but when the affliction is over then it is as though Allah never helped him and he hows ungrattitude to Allah.
When trouble touches a man he cries unto Us (in all postures) lying down on his side or sitting or standing. But when We have solved his trouble he passes on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! Thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes! (10:12)

2. The second is he who when calamity strikes him he breaks down and becomes indifferent to Allah and his commands as if he is owed a comfortale life.
Among men is he who worships Allah, while remaining on the borderline; if any good befalls him, he is satisfied; but if a trial afflicts him, he utterly turns away. He will incur loss both of this world and the Hereafter. That indeed is a clear loss. (21:11)

The patience of Yaqub (As)

The story of Yaqub (As) or Job (As) is a perfect example of the purpose of tests. He was such a firm and strong believer that shaythan asked Allah to test him that is faith may weaken but even after Yaqub (As) lost everything from wealth, health, wife and family he was even stronger in faith and belief.

Sameway we are tested to see if we will become stronger believers and closer to Allah or whether we will lose our imaan and become closer to shaythan and our nafs (desires).

The best people are those who are tested the most and come out of their tests stronger in faith. Those who were tested the most were the Prophets because they were the best of people.

Hardships and Trials are a blessing in disguise

So if a trial and hardship comes our way then we should see it as a blessing in disguise and should remain patient and steadfast and put our full trust, hopes and reliance in Allah and know that victory will be ours in the end.
Verily with every difficulty, there is relief. (94:6)
Verily, the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present. (93:4)
There are even reward for past trials and hardships:

If any Muslim man or woman suffers a calamity and keeps it in his memory, even if it happened a long time ago, saying each time it is remembered:

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon

'We belong to Allah and to Him do we return,' Allah, who is Blessed and Exalted will give a fresh reward each time it is said, equivalent to the reward when it happened. (Ahmad)

Life is a test ground

So we need to view this life as a test ground and tests and calamitys as ways of Allah the main examiner testing us to see how well we will be able to do in this test.
Imam Ibn'l Qayyim (Rahimahullah) said:

The divine decree related to the believer is always a bounty, even if it is in the form of withholding (something that is desired), and it is a blessing, even if it appears to be a trial, and an affliction that has befallen him is in reality a cure, even though it appears to be a disease!

Unfortunately, due to the ignorance of the worshipper, and his transgressions, he does not consider anything to be a gift or a blessing or a cure unless he can enjoy it immediately, and it is in accordance with his nature. If he were only given a little bit of understanding, then he would have counted being withheld from as a blessing, and the sickness as a mercy, and he would relish the trouble that befalls him more than he relishes his ease, and he would enjoy poverty more than he enjoys richness, and he would be more thankful when he is blessed with little than when he is blessed with a lot.

We should realise that we are only going to be tested for a very short while compared to the eternal rewards that await us as after death we can enjoy the fruits of our patience FOREVER!

So we must NEVER listen to the whispers of shaythan who is trying to make us feel disillusioned that nothing is going the way we want it to go. The fact is that ONLY Allah knows best in all matters pertaining to our lives. We may think we know best but we don't.

We must accept the decree of Allah and know that whatever he decides for us is the best for us and surely he is testing us. Whether he accepts your dua's in this life or not know that in the hereafter a person will approach Allah with a mountain of good deeds and he will say to Allah "How did i get this many good deeds? I don't remember making so many good actions". Allah will explain to the person that these are the rewards of the dua's that he did not accept in the world but the rewards were stored in the hereafter. We will then wish EVERY dua of ours was not accepted and that we were rewarded for our dua's in the next world.

It is natural for imaan (faith) to go up and down. Imaan can leave the body as quick as it can enter it. The only way to keep our imaan topped up all of the time is to do good actions to please Allah and refrain from anything which angers or displeases him.

You should also know that Allah created us imperfect so he does not expect perfection from us but he does expect us to try our best. That is all he wants from you. He knows we will fall into error but that is why he emphasised for us to repent sincerely to him as much as possible. Allah loves repentance and his slave turning to him in the latter portions of the night when others are asleep.

Shaytan tries many different tactics to try and deter us from the straight path. But you must reject him and instill in your mind that Allah knows you are not perfect and he does not expect perfection from you but he expects you to try your utmost to please him and refrain from anything which angers or displeases him. He knows you will err and fall into error.

He knows you will fall from the hurdles but everytime you err or fall into error then turn to Allah in repentance and if you can then cry unto him and beg of him for mercy. He truly loves his devoted slaves turning to him in humbleness and meekness in order to beg of his mercy. He is most generous and loves to give and believe me he would love to give us SO much for our devotion to him.

Surely he is giving us MUCH more than we can ever do in return. All we have to do is to devote our short lives of upto 60-70 years and in return we get ETERNITY of whatever we want. Is that a fair comparison? Certainly not. We are getting FAR too much in return for giving so little.

So know that our faith will go up and down but the best way to keep it up is by good actions and trying to please Allah. Also spend time with good company. Always read up on and listen to lectures about time, death and the hereafter for death is a destroyer of pleasures and wakes us up into reality when we get too consumed in this world of distractions.

With regards to looking for a job then all we can do is the best we can to look for one. it requires effort and dua. Without effort how can we expect to recieve any output? Put something in and make dua and we will get something out inshallah.

REMEMBER: Whatever you are destined to recieve with regards to income and sustainence will come to you no matter what but you must put the effort in and make dua.

Put your full reliance in Allah with regards to your worldy affairs and trust in him FULLY. He will do what is best for you inshallah. Therefore just concentrate on making the best of now for we should waste no time in making the best of the little time we have in this world because our time can end at any second.

With regards to marriage then it is the same thing. All we can do is make effort and dua. When we get married is again upto Allah. It does nto mean that everyone gets married at the same time. Some get married earlier and some later. It maybe that if you married earlier then things would not have worked out and it maybe that when you do get married that will be the best time for you to do so. These are things which are not in our control but we must NEVER lose hope and faith in Allah and think that he is abandoning us. Did he abandon the Prophets? Did he abandon his pious slaves? NEVER.

Everyone will get what is coming to them at its appointed time. But we MUST be patient. What is the point of life if there is no difficulty? Why we were created if we are not to be tested? Tests are a TRUE blessing. Therefore see it as a blessing and NEVER question Allah. Ask him for forgiveness for ever questioning him. Be patient knowing you are beig rewarded. He tests those he wants close to him so grab this opportunity and get closer to him.

To read more on how we can be patient through adversity and tests then read the following thread:

How we can get through hardships and trials in our lives

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...our-lives.html

With regards to prayer then know that Shaythan is always wanting to divert our attention and focus away from our real purpose in life. Therefore we have to continuously remind ourselves as to why we are here and what is our REAL purpose is on this earth. Have we been created to study, work, get married, have kids and then die? Well you could say that this is part of what we have to do in our lives on this earth but Almighty Allah tells us the sole purpose of our creation:

"I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 51, Verse 56

What is the greatest form of worship to Allah? The answer is: Salaah!

Salaah is the second pillar of Islam and is the most important act of worship after the Shahada (decleration of faith).

It is the first question we will be asked as Muslims in the hereafter as to whether or not we fulfilled our Salaah or not. Therefore it is the most important act of worship that has been ordained to mankind.

So until our very last breath we should know what our priorities are and focus on fulfilling all of our Salaah as it is the very purpose of our creation.

Shaythan is very well aware that Salaah is our biggest obligation and so therefore is forever trying to divert mans attention away from fulfilling this obligation to Allah.

There is NO such thing as being a part time Muslim. We CANNOT be Muslims when we want to be now and again. We CANNOT be Muslims only by name and not action. Therefore let us be proper Muslims and be proud of the fact that we are Muslims and that we have been given imaan but if we neglect our imaan then we may risk losing it and destroying ourselves.

Allah tells us In the Qur'an to enter fully into our deen and not partly:

O believers enter into Islam completely and do not follow the footsteps of Shaitan, surely he is your clear-cut enemy. If you falter after receiving the clear-cut message, then keep in mind that Allah is Mighty, Wise. Are they waiting for Allah to come down to them in the shadow of clouds, along with the angels, and make His decision known? Ultimately all matters will be presented to Allah for decision. (Surah Al-Baqara, Ayah 208-210)

Allah does not expect us to be perfect angels but he will judge us on what efforts we made throughout our lives. When you hear a person say "I try to read Salaah or i try to do what i can". Do you think they are really trying? Or are they just saying they are and decieving themselves? If we really tried we can do anything.

We can decieve ourselves but we cannot decieve Allah. Allah knows us better than we know ourselves and he knows what we are capable of and praying 5 times a day is not impossible for any of us.

If we calculate how long it would take to pray 5 times a day then you could sum it upto around 40 minutes a day. Now there are 1440 minutes in a day and 40 minutes out of 1440 of our day is ONLY 3% of a day and we still can't manage that? Many of us spend that much time eating, excreting or in front of a mirror and we can't even spend it praying and fulfilling the very purpose of our creation? We spend hours on end in front of the television or listening to Music or playing our playing the latest play station games or seeing who's poked us on facebook but we can't spend a few minutes praying to the one who has given us EVERYTHING we can possible imagine and far more? We are truly at loss!

So let us internalise these changes in our heads and immerse ourselves into our beautiful way of life and not let ourselves stop practising as soon as Ramadan is over for the best way to know if our Ramadan has been accepted or not is if we actually make changes to our lives after Ramadan is over. If we go back to how we were before Ramadan started then how can we except for our Ramadan to be accepted.

I'm not saying that we should become saints overnight but what i am saying is that we should at least fulfill our obligations to Allah and that is to establish our 5 times prayers and to keep away from that which Allah has forbidden. If we can't pray the Sunnah and Nafil then we MUST at least pray the Fard as a minimum.

Rather than moulding our life around our Salaah we mould our Salaah around our life so whenever we are sitting around at home then we decide to pray.

We must remember that it is an act of kufr(disbelief) to neglect the Salaah beyond its correct time and this is for missing one Salaah but how many Salaah do we continuously miss day in and day out? Some scholars even say missing Salaah intentionally takes one out of the fold of Islam. This is how serious missing Salaah really is!

Rasulallah (Pbuh) said: "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer." (Muslim)

It is a major sin to miss even one prayer and leaving even one Salaah without a valid excuse is said to cause one to spend tens of thousands of years in Jahannam and on top of that every Salaah missed is VAST rewards missed out which we will never be able to gain back.

Therefore it is incumbant on us that we fulfil ALL of our Salaah and not make excuses as to why we cannot fulfill it because Islam has been made easy for us but it is us who makes it hard upon ourselves and because of the amount of sins that we committ we find it hard to do even simple acts of worship.

Allah has made it so easy for us so let us not make it hard for ourselves and let us not listen to the lame excuses that shaythan and our desires gives us.

Let us not waste a second more for death can approach us at ANY moment and believe me death does not wait for ANYONE! It comes not a second ahead or before its appointed time and if our Salaah is not right then surely we are doomed to destruction.

So let us fulfill our very purpose in this life which is to worship Allah. We need to keep reminding ourselves of death and the hereafter and also the greatness of Allah. We need to always remember our time is too short and can go at any second. So let us never leave another Salah and when we pray then let us imagine we can see Allah and he is watching us pray so it is best to learn the meanings of what we are praying in our Salaah.

How limited is our life and how can we really be sure that we will live until tomorrow. We have a 50% chance of dying at any moment and 50% is a huge chance of dying yet we live everyday like we will live forever in this world but we are asleep and so heedless. We do so much for this world and gain wealth, propertys and various other investments but if we die the next day then will this wealth and assets accompany us? The ONLY thing that will come with us is our good deeds. Our good deeds will be our companions in the grave and in the hereafter because they will be there for us when we REALLY need them the most, whereas what we gained in this world will leave us at the point of death.

So is it wise to spend our whole lives working for this world in expense of the next? Are we going to be here for that long that we should do so much for this world and neglect our final destination?

The succession of the night and day teach us an important lesson about this life; what goes will never come back again. This lesson is only understood by the wise people and leads them to invest all of their time in useful things as they realise that these times will never come back again. Once each second, minute, hour and day is gone it will NEVER come back. Yet our seconds go by and we do not even bother to ensure we make the best of how we spend them.

Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) urged us to use our time in a useful way when he said: “Grab five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Al-Hakim)

He also indicated that we are to be asked about these times and how we invested them in the judgment day. Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “A servants two feet will not move on the Day of Judgement until he is questioned about four (things): His youth, how he spent it, his knowledge, how he acted upon it, his wealth, how he earned it and how he spent it and his body, how he used/wasted it.” ( Al-Tirmidhi)

When he is dying he will wish that he is given another chance or extension to his life so that he may do good as Allah says:

In Falsehood will they be Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: “O my Lord! send me back (to life),- In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected.” By no means! It is but a word he says. Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up. (23:99-100)

The key to success in this life and the next is making the hereafter the MOST important thing to us and making it our main focus. If we constantly keep the hereafter as our main focus everyday of our lives and strive as much as we can everyday to ensure that each second is spent on building up our hereafter then we will not go wrong inshallah.

Ibn Masood said: “I have never regretted anything as a day spent of my life without doing good deeds.”

How many days have we had like this where we have completely wasted them? On the day of judgement we would want to go back so that we could gain the HUGE rewards that are available just for saying Subhanallah!

Bilal ibn ass’d once said: if we are asked: ‘‘do you want to die?’’, we answer ‘‘No’’; and if we are asked ‘‘why?’’ we reply ‘‘in order to repent ad do good deeds’’. However if it’s said to us ‘‘Ok then do good deeds’’ we say: ‘‘Yes I will do’’; we keep working for this life everyday and postponing working for the hereafter.

We CANNOT afford to waste a single second in this life wasting it on that which will give us no benefit in this world or the next. Once our focus becomes the hereafter then NOTHING else will matter. Even things that we do in this world like work, study, look after and provide for family, parents, wife children etc will be like worship for us because we will do them for the pleasure of Allah. Even going to the toilet can be a worship if done in accordance with the Sunnah. Our WHOLE life from sleeping, eating, going to sleep and even breathing can become reward and worship with the right intentions so let us not waste a second more.

In the hereafter, when people are rewarded according to their deeds in this life, he wishes if he can go back to this life so he can do good deeds as he has experienced the hardness of punishment. Allah says:

They will say: “Our Lord! Twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognized our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?” (40:11)

Qatadah said regarding the last verse: By Allah, they don’t wish to go back to their families or clans, to get more of the pleasure of life, or to spend and fulfill their desires. Rather, they wished to return in order to perform and do acts of obedience to Allah - the Almighty -; God have mercy on those who do, in this life, the same good deeds and act of obedience that the unbeliever will wish to do when they meet the punishment in the Judgment Day.

Allah Also says:

But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent and they do not believe! (19:39)

Ibn Kathir provided the following translation for the latter verse:

(And warn them of the Day of grief and regrets) warn the creation of the Day of Distress.

(When the case has been decided) when the people of Paradise and the people of Hell will be sorted out, and everyone will reach his final abode which he was destined to remain in forever.

(While (now) they are) today, in the present life of this world.

(In a state of carelessness) with the warning of the Day of grief and regret, they are heedless.

(And they believe not) meaning they do not believe that it is true.

Imam Ahmad narrted that Abu Sa`id said that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of the Hellfire enter the Hellfire, death will be brought in the form of a handsome ram and it will be placed between Paradise and the Hellfire.” Then, it will be said, “O people of Paradise, do you know what this is?” Then, they will turn their gazes and look, and they will say, “Yes, this is death.”' Then, it will be said, “O people of the Hellfire, do you know what this is?”' Then, they will turn their gazes and look, and they will say, “Yes, this is death.” Then, the order will be given for it to be slaughtered and it will be said, “O people of Paradise, eternity and no more death, O people of Hellfire, eternity and no more death.” Then the Messenger of Allah recited the previous Ayah; then, the Messenger of Allah made a gesture with his hand and said: “The people of this life are in the state of heedlessness of this life.”

So we must get ourselves out of this heedless state that we are in and let us make our ONLY focus the hereafter so that EVERYTHING we do we do to please Allah. Before we do any action we should just stop and think to ourselves "Is this action going to be of any benefit to me in the hereafter"? If it is not then let us do that which WILL be of benefit to us. This brief moment of reflection will help us throughout our lives because it will prevent us from wasting our precious time and it will enable us to spend our precious seconds pleasing Allah and doing good deeds.

A clever and intelligent person realises that they have such limited time in this world and therefore each second should be spent on doing that which will benefit them in the long term as oppose to in the short term. Short term gains are what we do for this world and long term gains are what we do for the hereafter. Now if we spend our lives living for this world then we will have gains which are so short lived and after we die what will we have for eternity? Whereas if we lived this life to a minimum and spent our entire lives working for the hereafter then we will benefit FOREVER!

This world is like a dream that will end at any moment and in the next world we will wake up from this dream and that is when reality will hit us but by then it will be too late to do anything about it. Our chance to act is NOW! Therefore we CANNOT waste a second more.

You should certainly take things slower and gradually build up at a speed that you can manage without overwhelming yourself. Allah has never enjoined upon us that we should over burden ourselves by doing too much that we cannot handle.

Try to spend time learning about Islam and implementing what wyou learn into your daily life as well as conveying it to others so that they may benefit to.

We should always enjoin good and forbid evil every opportunity we get and give as much dawah as we can inviting people to the way of Allah.

As mentioned above we must always keep good and pious company and disregard those who do evil as bad company is like poison for us. Let us sit with the scholars and learned people and those who remember Allah.

Let us gradually increase in our recitation of the Qur'an as every letter is so much rewards that we cannot imagine. We will be raised among the levels of Paradise until we stopped reciting the Qur'an in this world. So let us keep reciting so that we can be raised to the highest stages of Paradise. Let us also learn the meanings of what we are reading so that we can understand what Allah is telling us and so that we can implement what Allah is telling us in the Qur'an into our daily lives.

Let us also gradually try to improve our character and manners as improing oneself is a lifetime process but we should start on the major things first like stopping backbiting, swearing bad language etc and whatever we need to change about ourselves for the better then let us constantly work on these things all of the time.

Abu Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.''

We should spend in the way of Allah as much as we can particularly in the month of mercy and generosity- Ramadan - for we will regret the money we wasted and did not spend in the way of Allah.

Let us gradually increase ourselves in prayer and prostrations particularly the nafil prayers (voluntary prayers) because the more we prostrate to Allah in the form of prayer then the closer we will get to Allah and the higher our ranks will be in the hereafter.

We should always ask of Allah in dua as much as possible. We should know that dua is the weapon of the believer and this weapon should be used as much as possible for all of our duas that are not answered in this world will be stored for us in the hereafter and when we see the reward of those duas we thought were not accepted then we will wish that NONE of our dua's were ever accepted just so that we can gain these HUGE rewards.

We should be of the appreciative and thankful and always thank Allah for everything he has given us because he has done so many favours for us that we can never imagine. Allah gives more to the thankful and increases them in blessings.

-Allah likes those who are thankful [39:7]

-Allah rewards those who are thankful [3:144]

-Allah gives more benefits and blessings to those who are thankful [14:7]

-Allah protects those from harm who render Him thankfulness [54:34-35]

Also let us be patient through trials, hardships and adversities because they will help rid us of sin and it may be that a person who went through much trials in the world would face Allah with little or no sin and imagine how lucky that person would be on a day when we will tremble for the sins we committed in the world. What a terrible day that will be.

So we should spend our time in repentance and have hope in the mercy of Allah and at the same time have fear that our repentance and deeds won't be accepted. Hope and fear should always be balanced and one should not have too much hope and one should not have too much fear but strike a balance between the two.

Let us gradually increase our remembrance of Allah and keep our tongues moist with his glorification of Allah, How easy is it for us to utter useless words but how much will we regret when we realise that instead of all the useless talk we did in the world we we could have glorified Allah and even one glorification of Allah like Subhanallah and La ilaha ilallah gains one rewards one cannot imagine. It is just that in this world we cannot see these rewards but when we will see the rewards for ourselves on the day of judgement then we will say "Woe to me i wasted my life in useless talk when i could have been glorifying and remembering Allah."

Hadhrat Mu'az [RA] narrated Rasulallah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The Inhabitants of Paradise will not be grief stricken or sorrowful about anything they did in the life of the world except for the time they spent without being in the remembrance of Allah” (Tabaraani)

We can remember Allah where ever we are no matter what we are doing and this is the best thing we can do in our lives is to constantly remain in the remembrance of Allah. If we alwyas have Allah in our hearts then we will do EVERYTHING to please him and refrain from anything that displeases him.

The Prophet of Guidance (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) told us that remembrance of Allah is the best and the purest deed.

Abu Dardaa narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Shall I tell you of the best and purest of your deeds before your King, the one that elevates your position the most; that is better for you than meeting your enemies whose necks you strike and they also strike your necks, and better than spending gold and silver?” The companions said, “O Yes.” The Prophet (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) then said, “Remembrance of Allaah, the Exalted.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi and others).

We must also think before doing any action to ensure that EVERYTING we do we do to please Allah and if it will benefit us in the hereafter then we should do it but if it will only waste our time then we should not do it.

Al-Hasan Al-Basri said: “Seek sweet happiness in three things: performing prayer, Remembering Allah, and reading the Holy Quran. If you find (delight in those three things), it is alright. But if you do not, it means that the door (to Allah’s Love and Mercy) is closed; so search for the reason.”

Another of the righteous men said, “How miserable people of the present world are! They pass away from it without having tasted the most delicious thing therein.” And when he was asked: “What is the most delicious thing therein?”, he said: “Knowing Allah, the Almighty, loving Him, and remembering Him.”

So we must strive as best we can to make the best of each second of our lives to ensure that each second is spent on pleasing Allah and each second that we waste on that which will not benefit us in the hereafter will be seconds that are wasted and seconds that we will regret FOREVER! But do so within our own limits and our own speed whetaver we can manage without over burdening or over whelming ourselves but we must strike a good balance as in not go so slow and not go so fast but take a middle path with regards to our progression in the worship of Allah.

The most beautiful month of Ramadan is here now what better time to make the necessery changes that we need to make to our lives. We must NOT waste this opportunity but grab onto it! All good deeds are SO much more rewarding now so we must NOT miss out on this chance otherwise we will be in UTTER regret in the hereafter for the precious seconds we wasted in our lives not remembering Allah.

So let us live for the hereafter and denounce any love we have for this world for we are only on a short journey and this journey can end at ANY SECOND!

So want to know how to make the best of each second in Ramadan? Then download the file in the following link:

12 Ways to Maximise Everyday in Ramadan

http://www.4shared.com/file/rB0ZqxHP...20Ramadan.docx

The following are some very beneficial lectures which you should listen to, to increase your imaan and fear of Allah:

Remembrance: ask Allah for his forgiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EK9r3rMzQ

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg

AMAZING short speech -"The Goodly Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc

If you need help, advice or anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember me in your duas.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Salahudeen
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Brother it's a massive test of patience and conditioning. I was in need of a decent job - I prayed in every dua, it took two years till I finally got one. But the reason why it took so long was that I wasn't in the right frame of mind; I thought I'd never get one, I was always being negative, I didn't put enough faith in Allah cause I thought I was cursed or something and I wasn't grateful enough for the things I already had. Then when I finally changed my attitude and the time was right Allah blessed me with a job.

Never ever give up your salaah no matter what - salaah is the only connection you have with Allah if you give that up there is no hope. Shaytaan will play with you at this time, he'll tell you theres no point in bothering praying because theres no hope or anything positive to come. But Allah is conditioning you, He wants you to change your ways for the better and give you everything once the time is right and you're in the right condition. It's hard but keep saying insha'Allah, put more faith in Allah and watch how things will improve.
I sometimes get the feeling that I'm cursed and I'm doomed to fail no matter what I do, but I think it's all in our head, if we just start thinking positively and do what Allah expects of us and put our trust in Allah's plan for us then inshaAllah good things will start to happen. Allah doesn't change the condition of people untill they change what is in themselves.

Hamza Asadullah
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I sometimes get the feeling that I'm cursed and I'm doomed to fail no matter what I do, but I think it's all in our head, if we just start thinking positively and do what Allah expects of us and put our trust in Allah's plan for us then inshaAllah good things will start to happen. Allah doesn't change the condition of people untill they change what is in themselves.
Asalaamu Alaikum, as Muslims we must balance fear and hope. So we should have hope that our deeds will be accepted and that we will enter Paradise but we should also have fear that our deeds may not be accepted and we may not enter Paradise. But we must not have more hope than fear otherwise we will get too confident and we must not have too much fear otherwise we will end up losing all hope and becoming disillusioned but we must strike a balance between having hope and having fear.

Yanal
08-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Asalam alaikum,

You are losing hope because you think the situation that you are in will not seize to change,however as you realized,this is probably a test from Allah. You are being tested just like many other people have and are having many various types of tests in their lives.Allah is looking for your patience and wants to see how you do in this test.You probably are thinking that why am I being so harshly tested,but you should never ask that,Allah knows what is best for everyone and does everything he does for a specific reason.

Do not grieve over that which has passed you by in life, for indeed you have been blessed with much.Contemplate the many favors and gifts that Allah has bestowed upon you and your family,don't ponder on, be thankful to Him for them. Remind yourself of Allah’s many blessings, for Him, the Almighty, said:
And if you would count the graces of Allah, never could you be able to count them. (Qur’an 16: 18)
It is true,we dont realize how dearly blessed we are with our lives until we go through these hardships that every Muslim goes through. Its a phase where you must show your patience,and your reward for you patience will be awaiting you in heaven,insha'Allaah.Some are visible blessings as we have been blessed upon with many things such as life itself, health, the faculties of being able to hear and see, two hands and two legs, water, air, food,shelter,clothes and such.While the greatest of all blessings is that of Islam and correct guidance. By not being thankful, you do not render justice to Allah’s countless favors,just keep that in mind,insha'Allaah.

As Ramadhan is upon all of us,we should all try to maximise our ibadath(worship) towards Allah in all matters and ways we can. We should try to keep the outer thoughts to the outside while just trying to concentrate on the holy month of Ramadhan and trying to please Allah to the best of our abilities. Perhaps as time goes by you will realize slowly everything may start to come in order,just try to stay strong with your ibadath and keep your imaan as strong as you can. Just remember that in this world full of tests,there are others who are always less fortunate in terms of blessings than us(in terms of the things we tend to take as granted such as food,shelter,clothes,and other visible blessings of Allah. We should be thankful for what we have,not greive over what we could have.

Insha'Allaah may Allah help us all in this regard and help maximise our ibadath for the coming years for all of us and our families,ameen,thumma ameen.Keep me in your du'as and you will be in mine,insha'Allaah.

Allah knows the best in all regards.

Kabeer
08-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Salaam,
Praying is ofc good, but praying alone doesnt mean your prayers will land in your lap.
Maybe you prayed for a job, but didnt make enough of an effort to gain experience and look for the new opportunities. Maybe Allah put some lead there in your life, but you didnt take it due to your own inaction.
Maybe Allah left a path to a great bride open, but you ignored it, due to whatever reason.

Prayer is just one part, the rest you have to make the BEST effort yourself in the physical world.

Peace

anonymous
08-06-2011, 07:01 PM
i see it as if i don't get a job or a partner - then it wasnt meant to be yet and allah will give me what i wish for if he wills it and it is good for me

anonymous
08-06-2011, 07:01 PM
then if praying alone doesnt get me what i want then i really do have no hope

Salahudeen
08-07-2011, 02:19 AM
If you don't get what you want in this life just think about getting it in jannah inshallah this will make you more determined to be a good Muslim and attain jannah.

Hamza Asadullah
08-07-2011, 04:31 AM
i see it as if i don't get a job or a partner - then it wasnt meant to be yet and allah will give me what i wish for if he wills it and it is good for me
Yes everything will happen at its appointed time. When we think is best for us is not neceserily the best for us. ONLY Allah knows best in all matters so we should accept his decree. All we can do is make effort and dua and leave the trust to Allah and have trust in him. If he delays it then it maybe he is testing us to see how reaction. Will we go further away from him or will we go towards him? So we should go towards him.

Simple fact is there is no point to this life without being tested. If we got everything we waned when we wanted it then what kind of life is that? The tougher the tests the better the outcome. NEVER let yourself get disillusioned and lose hope for you should put your hopes in Allah and Allah alone. He will give you the best partner and job for you. You should know that he will when the time is right. Just continue makeing effort and dua and FULLY rely on him and know he will do what is best for you.

So leave your affairs with Allah. Who else can we trust in this world but Allah? Who is better to be trusted than the one who created us? The one who gave us everything we can imagine.

The Almighty says, "Put your trust in the Living who does not, die" (25:58) and the Almighty says, "So let the believers put their trust in Allah," (W14:14; H14:11)

Surely he is the BEST one to trust all of our affairs to. If we put our trust in a human then there is always a chance they may break that trust because they are human and they have their flaws, but Allah has NO flaws and he CANNOT break a trust. So put your FULL trust in him of all of your affairs in your life. Rely upon him for he will do what is best for you.

The Almighty says, "Whoever puts his trust in Allah; He will be enough for him." (65:3)

The Almighty says, "The believers are those whose hearts tremble when Allah is mentioned, whose faith is increased when His Signs are mentioned to them, and who put their trust in their Lord." (8:2)

NOTHING can happen without the will of Allah and those who trust in him accept his decree no matter what because they know that his decision is the best decision. Surely we do not know what is best for us but the one who created us knows what is best for us in every aspect of our lives from borth until death.

'Umar (RA) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) say, "If you were to rely on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for the birds. They go out in the morning hungry and return in the evening full." [at-Tirmidhi]

So trust in him with all of your lifes affairs, problems and stresses and he will NEVER let you down but compensate you abundantely in the hereafter as long as you remain patient. When you see the abundant rewards you will wish that you were tested even more just so that you will gain the immense rewards for those who are patient. Remember the end victory will be for those who were patient and put their trust in Allah and accepted his decree no matter what.

May Allah give you the best of this world and the hereafter. Ameen

Riana17
08-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Salam Alaikkum to all

Sister/Brother anonymous, I have a story for you. My husband shared it to me days ago.

There is one intelligent Muslim man, infact a Mulla, who has done many things in this Ummah, obviously he loves Allah.

One day he saw a very beautiful woman & immediately she caught his attention.
Ofcourse, being a Muslim, he would like to do the right thing. So he find out about her and he proposed:

She answered: "Sorry I cant accept your proposal for I am a Christian. Unless you convert, i will not accept your proposal."

So he was deeply saddened by this, he prayed & prayed & had patience, and he tried again. Her answer was the same. He was so sad and lost his peace, he cant survive any longer, she is so pretty, he cant focus in praying anymore, she does not leave his heart and mind, he will be crazy. He cant take it any longer

So days passed by and he came up with the decision.

He again knocked her door and said, "I am here again on your door and I accept your condition, I am Christian now"

And she replied, "Oh I am sorry, I just converted to ISLAM yesterday, I dreamt that my feet is being pulled under ground & her stories continued....(the rest of the stories didnt go to his mind)

I am not a good Muslim sister/brother, infact I had a bad past also, sins & all. I am not clean. But Allah knows how thankful I am and I consider ISLAM as the best blessing I had in this LIFE. Without ISLAM i am nothing, and I dont know what's the future but inshallah I can pass all the trials and test I will face before death. Sometimes i feel lazy, so i kept sticking with people who influence me positively, like Nouman ali Khan or this IB forum.

Now i have believe that, I shouldnt at all expect anything bad from our Creator. it's normal to be sad when things go wrong, but the difference of our Allah from other gods is that nothing BAD will come from Him. Nothing at all. Period. Now I put THAT in my heart and mind. May Allah love me and give me sabr and may Allah give you more than what I pray for myself.

Now, I will leave you sister/brother with imagination, please think about how the man feels at the moment and for the rest of his lives.

On top of the above, I personally believe that there is something very very nice in you, exceptional indeed, for Allah choose you to be on the right path. For Allah love you and show you ISLAM, others read and read but nothing goes to their brain. Allah closes their heart & mind for this deen.

salam

Kabeer
08-07-2011, 11:29 AM
then if praying alone doesnt get me what i want then i really do have no hope
Why do you have no hope?
You say you can only pray hoping Allah puts things in your lap and not make a full effort yourself too?

Peace

anonymous
08-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Jzk

That is good advice from everyone. You are all right if I put my trust in Allah it will all be ok.

May Ayob
08-07-2011, 12:12 PM
then if praying alone doesn't get me what i want then i really do have no hope
I think you came to this conclusion from my post, Am I correct? Just to make things clear, I wasn't saying that God will not give you what you want. I was saying that sometimes you get what you want but in a better way; you get what you really need. You will insha'Allah get a job but maybe one that is better than you think, Allah answers paryers by : 1. giving you what you ask. 2. Giving you something better. 3. Delaying it for the Hereafter and also 4. Removing a calamity that was about to fall on you.
Keep praying my brother, you will soon gain the fruits of it.

Don't loose hope, I know it's easier said than done but still don't loose hope grab on to it because when you loose hope in God it is as if you have disbelieved in Him and His ability.

Ramadan Kareem

Muhaba
08-07-2011, 01:04 PM
join the bandwagon. who can today find a job, marriage, etc. life is more difficult today especially for practicing muslims. most ppl are unmarried. i see them everywhere. if most were married, we could say that things weren't working out for us. Jobs are easily and quickly found in interest banks and bars, etc but halal jobs, especially well paying ones, are difficult to find.

i know it seems that way as we only notice our own problems. i think turning to prayers and duas and worship more at timeslike these is the best. Allah says in the Holy Quran, i think in Aali Imran or Nisa, that do you think you can go to heaven when Allah hasn't tested you to know who is steadfast on faith and who isn't? I don't remember the exact verse, but it means something like this.

This life is a test and the Aakhira is the thing we must think of first, although its easy to forget it and focus on current problems more since we are living them.
May Allah make things easy on the Muslims.

Yanal
08-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Asalam alaikum,

“How marvelous is the affair of the believer, for all his affairs are good, and that does not apply to anyone except the believer. If something good happens to him he gives thanks for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to*
him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” Narrated by Muslim, 2999.*

“No tiredness, exhaustion, worry, grief, distress or harm befalls a believer in this world, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allaah expiates some of his sins thereby.”

So insha'Allaah we can take this as an opportunity that has been given to us *to show Allah how patient we can be during his trial and tests and if whatever bad happens is a result of our sins in this world then we can be happy that Allah is getting rid of our sins through the hardships and tests *we now have to face. This life is a life of tests,sent in by Allah. *

Laqad khalaqna al-insana feekabad
We have certainly created man into hardship.
90:4

If you're feeling anxiety or sadness or anything regarding any type of issue then I suggest that you *prepare for bed in the best way. Be in a state of wudhu, make the sunnah adhkar, make nafil prayers before sleeping and such, whatever you can do to remain pure will help,insha'Allaah..A local scholar,told in one of his previous khutbahs that *when you lay down reflect on your day and start thanking Allah for everything,do this everyday witha pure intention in the heart,and insha'Allaah one day you will be soon worshipping Allah like never before,subhan'Allaah. The other thing that helps me if I feel overwhelemed with generally anything from hope or something in life is to read the descriptions of paradise in the Quran for example *like surah al insaan.

**This is Allah's way of testing us, our endurance *and our intentions throughout the tests. Also you must keep in mind that for every trails and test we face in the worldour sins are forgiven because of it,subhan'Allaah.
The main factor in dealing with these hardships is sabr(patience) 'Allahuma'asaabireen' meaning Allah is with the one who is patient,insha'Allaah just remain positive and patient regardless of your situation,put your trust into Allah,as he is the one to be trusted.

With our limited knowledge, we cant *be certain about the particular exact reasoning for which we are made to go through a severe situation. But, if a person has generally tried to submit to Allahs commands and has generally not been a transgressor, he can rest assured that the severe situation he is faced with is not a punishment from Allah but a test that he has sent to ys in the world in which he is provided a great opportunity of success in the life hereafter,insha'Allaah.

Another important aspect that should be kept in mind while faced with a difficult situation as humans is that a person should never be over confident of his conduct in the life of this world. In fact a person should always try to look back on his previous behavior and etiquette and try look *with a critic's eye. Insha'Allaah ee must remember that it is not only our sins that deserve punishment and cleansing but more so our arrogance and lack of humility in todays world, in some*cases.

Hope in the Mercy of Allah should be accompanied by regret and remorse of the heart upon the sins committed, sincerity, hastening in repentance and avoiding sins as is clearly manifest from the following verses of the Qur'aan. Allah says: “And whosoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [Soorah an-Nisa (4): 110]

Insha'Allaah the following article will help you:

*At a time in which the Muslims are beset with trials from every periphery, it is a time when Muslims should continue being Muslims, only better Muslims. I would say to my dear brothers and sisters in Islam "don’t be Sad"; if you are on the true religion – believing in One God and all the Messengers sent to mankind, then don’t be sad.*

"...Bear with patience whatever befalls you...." (Qur'an 31:17) and "Be not sad, surely Allah is with us." (Qur'an 9:40)*

Our Prophet (pbuh) said: "Verily, if Allah loves a people, He makes them go through trials. Whoever is satisfied, for him is contentment, and whoever is angry upon him is wrath." [Tirmidhi]*

Being sad is not encouraged in Islam*

"So do not become weak, nor be sad..." (Qur'an 3:139)*
"And grieve not over them, and be not distressed because of what they plot." (Qur'an 16:127)*

Sadness prevents one from action instead of compelling one towards it. The heart does not benefit through grief. The most beloved thing to the devil is to hinder the worshipper in the path of Allah. The Muslim must repel sadness and fight in any way that is permissible in Islam.*

Allah is sufficient for us*

"Allah is sufficient for us, and He is the best Disposer of affairs. So they returned with Grace and Bounty from Allah. No harm touched them; and they followed the good Pleasure of Allah. And Allah is the owner of Great Bounty." (Qur'an 3:173-174)*

"And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed..." (Qur'an 5:23)*
"O you who believe! Seek help in patience and the prayer..." (Qur'an 2:153)*

By leaving your affairs to Allah by depending on Him, by trusting in His promise, by being pleased with His decree, by thinking favourably of Him, and by waiting patiently for His help, you reap some of the greater fruits of faith. When you incorporate these qualities, you will be at peace concerning the future, because you will depend on your Lord for everything. As a result, you will find care, help, protection and victory.

Pre-ordainment*

"No calamity befalls on earth or in yourselves but is inscribed in the Book of Decrees – before We bring it into existence." (Qur'an 57:22)*

The pen has dried, and the pages have been lifted: all events shall come to pass have already been written. Whatever has befallen you was not meant to escape you, and whatever has escaped you was not meant to befall you: if this belief were to be firmly ingrained in your heart, then all hardships and difficulty would become ease and comfort.*

The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Whoever Allah wishes good for, He inflicts him (with hardship)." [Bukhari]*

For those who are afflicted with disaster, glad tidings await them: so remain patient and happy with your Lord. "He cannot be questioned as to what He does, while they will be questioned." (Qur'an 21:23)*

Verily, with hardship, there is relief*

"Verily, with hardship there is relief" (Qur'an 94:6)*
"Perhaps Allah may bring victory or a decision according to His Will." (Qur'an 5:52)*

Prophet Ibrahim ('alayhissalam) did not feel its heat because of the help he received from Allah. "We (Allah) said : O' fire! Be you coolness and safety for Ibrahim." (Qur'an 21:69)*

The sea would not drown Prophet Moses ('alayhissalaam) because he uttered in confident, strong and truthful manner: "Nay verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me." (Qur'an 26:62)*
And the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said to 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas (radiyallahu 'anhu): "..Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity... And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship." [Tirmidhi]*

Accept life as it is*

If you read the Qur'an you will see that all the Prophets went through trials and tribulations. Life is a test so let us learn from the best examples of our Prophets. "Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty, ailments and were shaken." (Qur'an 2:214)*

We should know that if we are pleased with our Lord, He will be pleased with us. And if you are pleased with your Lord no matter what the situation is, then you will find that you have earned your Lord's pleasure. On the other hand, there are hypocrites whom Allah rejects their deeds. They are displeased with what Allah sends down and they hate seeking His pleasure; thus their deeds are performed in vain.*

Your recompense is with Allah*

When Allah, the Exalted takes something away from you, He compensates it with something better, but only if you are patient and seek His reward.*
Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Whoever loses a loved one from the people of this world and then seeks recompense with his Lord, will be compensated with Paradise."*

Those who are in this world and are close to Allah will be raised in the highest of heaven: "Peace be upon you, because you peresevered in patience! Excellent indeed is the final home!" (Qur'an 13:24)*

Truly, the life of this world is short and its treasures are few. O' afflicted ones, if you are patient you lose nothing; and though you may not perceive it, you are profiting.*
Extract honey but do not break the hive*

"Repel (the evil) with one which is better, then verily! He, between whom and you there was enmity (will become) as though he was a close friend." (Qur'an 41:34)*
"….and harm them not. And put your trust in Allah." (Qur'an 33:48)*

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Verily, Allah ordered me to keep relations with those that cut off, forgive the ones who does an injustice with me, and to give to those who withhold from me."*

"Those who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allah loves the good-doers." (Qur'an 3-134)*

Remembrance of Allah*

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (Qur'an 13:28)*
"Therefore remember Me and I will remember you…" (Qur'an 2:152)*

We should not be surprised when we hear that people who remember Allah are at peace. What is truly surprising is how the negligent and unmindful survive without remembering Him. Allah says in the Qur'an, "They are dead, lifeless and they know not when they will be raised up." (Qur'an 16: 21)*

Truly, He is near when supplicated: He hears when he is called and He answers when He is invoked, so humble yourself before Him and ask of Him sincerely. Repeat His beautiful names, and mention Him alone as worthy of worship. Mention His praises, supplicate to Him: you will find then – by the will of Allah – happiness, peace and illumination. “So Allah gave them the reward of this world and the excellent reward of the Hereafter.” (Qur’an 3:148)*

Loving Allah, knowing Him, remembering Him, seeking peace in Him, singling Him out for complete love, fear, hope and dependence – these qualities when combined in a person, constitute a sort of heaven on earth.*

These are qualities that bring peace to those who love Allah, a sort of peace that has no comparison in this world.It is important that a special relationship exists in the heart between the slave and his Lord, a relationship that allows the slave to feel so close to his Lord that he requires no other.*

Thus, he finds company when he is alone, and he tastes the sweetness of remembering Him and supplicating to Him. Allah's slave will continually face hardship and difficulty until he dies, but if he has a special relationship with his Lord, all of the hardships of life will become easy for him.*

The prayer….the prayer – we must return to our mosques*

"O' you who believe! Seek help in patience and the Prayer." (Qur'an 2:153)*

By earnestly performing the five daily prayers, we achieve the greatest of blessings: cleared off our sins and increase in rank with our Lord. Prayer is a potent remedy for our sickness, for it instills our faith in our souls.*

As for those that keep away from the mosque and away from prayer, for them is unhappiness, wretchedness and an embittered life.*

"For them is destruction and Allah will make their deeds vain." (Qur'an 47:8)*

Take a moment to reflect*

O whose mind has wandered in grief, O' you whose eyes are loaded with tears; relax and know that your Creator aids, and that His mercy will bring you peace. And know that your reward is secure with He Who doesn’t disappoint the one who seeks to please Him. Be at peace, for after poverty comes joyous meeting, and after sleeplessness comes sound rest. O you who are oppressed in the lands, who suffer from hunger, pain, sickness and poverty, rejoice in the knowledge that you will soon be satisfied with food and that you will be happy and in good health.*

Let us make these supplications, their purpose being to eliminate hardship, anxiety and grief:*

"There is no worthy of worship except Allah, the Ever Forbearing, the Most Great. There is none worthy of worship except Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. There is none worthy of worship One Who sustains and protects all that exists, there is none worthy of worship except You, and by Your Mercy do we seek Your aid."*
"So be patient, with a good patience..." (Qur'an 70:5)
Source: http://mudassirsworld.blogspot.com/2...omes-ease.html

Keep that in mind,insha'Allaah,verily after hardship comes ease.**Losing My Religion: A Call For Help
I highly suggest *this book for you to read,insha'Allaah . http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...lance&n=283155

Here are some youtube links online regarding this book:**
From Atheism to Belief: A Journey to Islam in North America by Dr. Jeffrey Lang (Part 1-17)

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVQ1B...eature=related
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pliSa...eature=related
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KMvO...eature=related
Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhptK...eature=related
Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cZ-u...eature=related
Part 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXSeM...eature=related
Part 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RDhN...eature=related
Part 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqy4q...eature=related
Part 9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ji9f...eature=related
Part 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKFW...eature=related
Part 11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAR-t...eature=related
Part 12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPnI-...eature=related
Part 13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1W9n...eature=related
Part 14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYZve...eature=related
Part 15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmQAN...eature=related
Part 16 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUqK...eature=related
Part 17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtuJB...eature=related

Dr. Jeffrey Lang- Losing my Religion: A Cry for Help (Part 1-10):

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMANK...eature=related
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgivQ...eature=related
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga2rI...eature=related
Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYb2v...eature=related
Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhMN_...eature=related
Part 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHeM0...eature=related
Part 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-Ye...eature=related
Part 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2eVO...eature=related
Part 9 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBQp7...eature=related
Part 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4_xx...eature=related

Insha'Allaah you are in my duas,I hope I'm in yours:).*
Allah knows the best in all regards of aspects.*

Riana17
08-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Salam Alaikkum to all,

I am too confused now, isnt it Brother anonymous who post this thread "Losing hope" and sister anonymous who posted this marriage difficulties and other thread SAME person?

Salam

Hamza Asadullah
08-11-2011, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Alaikkum to all,

I am too confused now, isnt it Brother anonymous who post this thread "Losing hope" and sister anonymous who posted this marriage difficulties and other thread SAME person?

Salam
Asalaamu Alaikum, no sister the anonymous account can be used by anyone in the advice section who does not want to reveal their identity and would rather remain anonymous especially if they want to discuss or share sensative issues.

Riana17
08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum, no sister the anonymous account can be used by anyone in the advice section who does not want to reveal their identity and would rather remain anonymous especially if they want to discuss or share sensative issues.

Salam Alaikkum,

Thank you for clarification, that is nice to have such account. Sorry I didnt knew and really confusing coz I know he is a man then later i'll remember: wait he is a wife? Now it is clear :D

Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!