/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading Qur'an Translation and taking notes?

theStig
08-02-2011, 03:26 PM
My goal this Ramadan is to come close to finishing Qur'an's English translation. As I do that though, I feel it may be a good idea to take notes on things I find interesting, stories, events, revelations, ideas, thoughts, questions, etc. This could also be a way for me to track exactly what and where a certain topic is discussed. For example, the topic of divorce makes its presence in Surah Baqara and a few other Surahs later on. I'd like to make notes on all of this in Excel. What other notes could I take on the Qur'an?

Is there anyone else out there who does that? Are there any existing Excel templates and such out there?

I eventually plan on expanding this to include things such as "Duas", "Hadees", "General Good Habbits", "Ramadan Schedule", "Islamic Knowledge", etc. Kind of my personal Islamic portfolio.

Feel free to give me any ideas and suggestions.

JazakAllah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayesha.ansari
08-04-2011, 04:01 AM
MAy ALLAH give you strength and power to read and understand this holy book. and also guide us too to read and understand this book.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!