/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What i must do?

Insecured soul
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Salaam alaikum guys

Its been a long time i posted but few of you might remember me? insha allah

the thing is i really dont feel any sweetness of imaan inside my heart, my ibadah has become like an exercise

there was a time when i use to be in khushu a lot, i dont know whats wrong with me now? :(

sometimes i indulge in useless talks with my colleague in the office, i dont know what i must do, i want to remind myself constantly of death and aakhira

sometimes i feel i should leave everything and go somewhere i dont know anyone and live in seclusion.

I listen to islamic lectures a lot but i dont put it in practice :(
I dont know where im taking myself

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
08-03-2011, 04:23 AM
Don't be sad, We all go through this: It's normal.
The most beloved deeds to Allah are those which are consistent even if they were little.

Here's good hadeeth one can start with:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
I asked the Prophet "Which deed is the dearest to Allah?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents" I again asked, "What is the next (in goodness)?" He replied, 'To participate in Jihad in Allah's cause."

The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."

Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."

A man asked the Prophet , "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know (See Hadith No. 27).

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:
1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.
3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever establishes the prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not to show off) then all his past sins will be forgiven."

Allah's Apostle said: "Whoever establishes prayers during the nights of Ramadan faithfully out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not for showing off), all his past sins will be forgiven."

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."

Allah's Apostle said, "If any one of you improve (follows strictly) his Islamic religion then his good deeds will be rewarded ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and a bad deed will be recorded as it is."

I hope the members of this forum have better to offer than I do, I hope this helps

Salaam

جوري
08-03-2011, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Don't be sad, We all go through this: It's normal.
yup.. I concur..

:w:

Riana17
08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Salam Alaikkum
Me too, i feel sad sometimes that I engage in Useless talks
So Im spending my time in FORUM or at home, and with husband that's all. I limit myself to this, I enjoy alot of Islamic videos etc, watching converts story etc
Sorrounding is also a factor, may Allah help increase your Imaan.

Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insecured soul
08-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Jazakallah everyone for your replies. I guess our hearts will never be at peace until we enter jannah.
The insecurity i feel in my heart sometimes is too much. i just want that i do everything right and who could
face the wrath of allah azzawajal here and on the day of judgement? none of us can.

May no riya, nifaq enters our heart and may this life of dunya passes quickly and that we reach jannah soon insha allah.
May allah azzawajal sends his mercy and writes our name in the list of mumineen.
May allah give me hidaya to be his righteous slave and may allah help us all.

Salaam

Salahudeen
08-04-2011, 02:14 AM
hmm slow things down maybe, read your salah slowly and imagine Allah watching you, and think its your last prayer before death because it may well be. Pray the prayer of a departing person, imagine the emotions that would come into your prayer if you knew it was your final prayer well you should try praying every prayer like it's your final one :)

When you listen to so many lectures you just go into cruise mode and automatically switch off when they're talking, maybe try thinking about what they're saying and letting it affect you emotionally so you want to act on it.

Yanal
08-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Asalam alaikum,
We all go through those similar times where we think we arent giving much of an effort,at those times we feel like Allah is far away from us,we have to convince ourselves otherwise. You*have the perfect opportunity to get closer to Allah with Ramadhan upon us once again.Insha'Allaah try to keep yourself busy in doing good deeds for the sake of Allah. Acts such as dhikr,reading the holy Qura'an daily,and comprehending its true meaning so you understand and feel what exactly you are reading. That probably is one of the greatest steps you can take to get even closer to Allaah,insha'Allaah.You have to try to do everything that you can in your might to get closer to Allah.*

Below this is a great article I found about how to get closer to Allah,insha'Allaah it will help you and you will be able to see the results. May Allah give us all the strength and will for all of this,ameen.

In many Islamic circles or presentations, I am asked a similar question from my brothers and sisters: "I want to get closer to Allah, but don't know how; or I don't have the power to do it. Sometimes I can succeed in getting close to Him when I spend time with pious friends who are affecting me, but when they are no longer around, I lose that closeness. I become powerless."

Allah, the Exalted is the Best to respond to this concern:

(When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: that they may walk in the right way.) (Al-Baqarah 2:186)

As Muslims, we believe in the Word of Allah, then should we not believe in the above verse? Of course we want to believe, but what truly keeps us from believing it in our hearts and feeling it when we make supplications?

If we can imagine there is a beautiful scenery in front of us, but there is also a curtain or veil between us and the scene. We can have a glimpse of the beauty on the other side, but not all. We want to see it all, but we keep sitting in our place and do not get up to move the curtain aside so we can have a full view.

Removing the veil or curtain takes the following efforts:

First, there must be a desire;

Second, the knowhow;

Third, keeping it open for full view at all times.

Sometimes people think of wanting to be close to Allah, but the desire is not strong enough. Faith is like a seed. It must be planted in fertile soil and watered. It is a process that would take time and determination.

To begin with, we must observe the most important duty Allah has prescribed to us,

Actions must lead to the cleansing of the heart of all that is displeasing to Allah. This might not be easy, especially for the younger generation.which is devotion and worship. This is the first step for achieving closeness to Allah. *
In a Qudsi hadith the Prophet reported that Allah says,

"..my servant does not come closer to Me with anything more dear to Me than that which I made obligatory upon him. My servant keeps coming closer to Me with more volunteer deeds, until I love him. When I love him, I become His ear by which he hears, his eyes by which he sees, his hand by which he holds and his foot by which he walks. If he asks Me anything I shall give him. If he seeks My protection I shall grant him My protection… "(Al-Bukhari 6021)

While performing correct worship, one must choose the way to piety and righteousness mentioned in the hadith; a major step of getting closer to Him the Almighty. The person who has taqwa or piety, is the one who is foremost in doing good and wants to be ahead of others in goodness.

(And the foremost are the foremost. These are they who are drawn nigh (to Allah). In the gardens of bliss.)(Al-Waqi`ah 56:10-12)

He remembers his humility in front of Allah, and knows he can call on Him with hope and fear. He desires much closeness to Him.

(Call on your Lord with humility and in private: for Allah loves not those who trespass beyond bounds. Do no mischief on the earth, after it hath been set in order, but call on Him with fear and longing (in your hearts): for the Mercy of Allah is (always) near to those who do good.) (Al-A`raf 7:55, 56)

Naturally, this person also knows that charity is another way to bring him closer to his Creator, for Allah loves those who give to the needy from their wealth and hates the hard fisted.

In a Qudsi hadith the Prophet reported that Allah says,

"Allah will say on the Day of Judgment, ... O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant so and so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you not know that had you fed him you would surely have found that with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant so and so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me." (Muslim)

*s

This person does all right deeds in order to bring himself closer to his Creator. If he does all this and still does not feel as close to Allah as he wants then he might look at his environment and those he befriends and the condition of his lifestyle. Are his/her friends neglectful of Allah and often engage in idle talk or activities which Allah dislike? Are members of his family busy spending most of their time at home in front of TV watching programs Allah dislikes and he participates with them? Are friends and family the cause of his weakness in religion? Is he/she dressed properly according to Islamic mose of dress as he/she likes?*

The influence of a close friend is greater than one can imagine. One must take heed who he chooses as a close friend. Knowing our tendencies to incline to people and the worldly life, Allah warns us not to get side tracked.

( O ye who believe let not your riches or your children divert you from the Remembrance of Allah if any act thus, the loss is their own.) (Al-Munafiqun 63:9)

Actions must lead to the cleansing of the heart of all that is displeasing to Allah. This might not be easy, especially for the younger generation. Yet they must remember they are the torchbearers of Islam and they are the ones who can influence their peers better than older people. What a better blessing is it than one knowing that he is doing all he can to gain the pleasure of his Creator?

(Thus, then, if he be of those Nearest to Allah, there is for him Rest and Satisfaction, and a Garden of Delights.) (Al-Waqi`ah 56:88,89)

To maintain closeness with Allah, besides the above recommendations, one may engage in Dhikr or remembrance of Allah as often as one can

( O ye who believe remember Allah very often and glorify Him morning and evening.) (Al-Ahzab 33:41,42)

Dhikr empties the heart and the mind of impurities and brings a meaningful satisfaction to one's life.

(Behold in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.) *(Ar-Ra`d 13: 28)

Finally, since we believe in the Word of Allah, we find the solution of closeness to our Creator is given to us by Him.

(Therefore remember Me, I will remember you.) (Al-Baqarah 2:152)

http://www.islamonline.net/i3/Conten...=1239888393624

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!