/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sehri time

noorseeker
08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
assalamalikum

Just a quick question on behalf of some one, and my self

A lot of the Ramadan calenders are showing sehri ends between 3.10- 3.40

The question is because sunrise is at 5.25. why is sehri and fajr so early.

If i start work at 6am, may i wake up at half 4 and do Sehri then,

Jazakallah Khayran in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Salaam Aluikum and Ramadan Mubarak

I think it's early so that you have enough time to eat enough, I think the time line is between 3.10- 5.25 that's a good 2hrs/15mins for you and your family to get enough food intake to help you proceed your fasting.

There's no problem I think ( at leats I speak for my self I am no scholar or anything) if you wake up at 4 and do your sahoor but you'd only get 1hr and 25 mins if you find that enough what's important is that you don;t eat and the time is up ( I mean Fajr Prayer or Athan)

Best wishes, and Waiyyakum

I'm often wrong so I hope someone else gives you a better answer.

Salaam

Masriya
08-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Assalamualaikom,

Suhur can be eaten until Fajr prayer.

As stated in the Quran in suraat Al-Bakaraa: and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread

"Permitted to you, on the night of the fasts, is the approach to your wives. They are your garments and ye are their garments. Allah knoweth what ye used to do secretly among yourselves; but He turned to you and forgave you; so now associate with them, and seek what Allah Hath ordained for you, and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread; then complete your fast Till the night appears; but do not associate with your wives while ye are in retreat in the mosques. Those are Limits (set by) Allah: Approach not nigh thereto. Thus doth Allah make clear His Signs to men: that they may learn self-restraint."002.187

It is a Sunnah to eat suhur late just before dawn.
Sahih Bukhari Hadith

Hadith
no: 144
Narrated / Authority Of: Anas
Zaid bin Thabit said, "We took the Suhur with the Prophet. Then he stood for the prayer." I asked, "What was the interval between the Suhur and the Adhan?" He replied, "The interval was sufficient to recite fifty verses of the Quran."

So you don't have to follow the times in the Ramadan calenders, you just have to finish your suhur before the fajr adhan (call for prayer). Personally, I get up for suhur about 3/4 to 1 hour before adhan, so that I have time to prepare suhur, eat it and then drink water; usually I'm finished about 10 to 15 min. before the adhan.

So to answer your question, yes you can get up at 4.30.

I hope this was helpful.

Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!