/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tajikistan Mosque Ban Seeks To Curb Islam's Influence

جوري
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Tajikistan Mosque Ban Seeks To Curb Islam's Influence

DUSHANBE, Tajikistan — Tajikistan's authoritarian leader has approved a law barring minors from praying in mosques as his secular government seeks to minimize the rising influence of Islam in the Central Asian nation.
President Emomali Rakhmon signed the bill Wednesday despite vocal resistance from rights activists and the opposition Islamic Revival Party.
The law also requires people under the age of 18 to study in secular schools thus barring thousands of students from attending mosque schools seen by authorities as a breeding ground of Islamism.
The impoverished and predominantly Sunni Muslim nation shares a long and porous border with Afghanistan.
The country was ravaged in the 1990s by a civil war between government forces and a loose alliance of Islamists and democrats.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_916860.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Sob7an Allah how heart breaking.. but what are they afraid of? Allah motim noorih insha'Allah..

zakahmed
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
That is really sad. Teaching the young about Islam is really important especially from a young age as its vital in helping them to develop their character. Inshallah Allah will guide and help those being restricted from their worship.

Who Am I?
08-05-2011, 05:28 PM
:sl:

I don't understand this. If it is a majority Islamic country, why is their own leadership banning the people from practicing Islam? What are they so afraid of?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-05-2011, 09:00 PM
amazing how these "secular" "authorities" first allowed decadence and the sale prostitution on tape by saying adults only - until it seeped into children's mobile phones at school, now they are saying purity is for adults only - simply amazing.

(We also sent) Lut (as a messenger): behold, He said to his people, "Do ye do what is shameful though ye see (its iniquity)?
Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!
But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city:
these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" ^o)
Quran 27:54-56

cleanliness and purity became a crime for these degenerate leaders to the extent that they were afraid it would spread to the rest of the community!

Haya emaan
08-05-2011, 09:05 PM
those so called Muslim leaders are afraid of real practicing islamists

Abz2000
08-05-2011, 09:08 PM
here's a good explanation:

watch?v=-0yMh_3Vqmk

it's so ironic it's even funny

جوري
08-05-2011, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
here's a good explanation:

watch?v=-0yMh_3Vqmk

it's so ironic it's even funny
do you have another link? this one isn't working..
Sorry, "watch" is unavailable or could not be found.

Who Am I?
08-05-2011, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
those so called Muslim leaders are afraid of real practicing islamists
From what I have seen of real practicing Islamists, the world would be a better place with more of them.

Futuwwa
08-06-2011, 12:06 AM
What's disturbing is not that this is done by Tajikistan, but that the majority of talkbackers seem to approve of and agree with this policy. And this is Huffington Post, which I thought was being read by liberal and tolerant people.

Maybe it's time to start stocking up on armaments and get hold of the Anarchist's Cookbook... :hmm:

جوري
08-06-2011, 12:09 AM
I never read people's comments.. they're irrelevant in every which way .. as one wise man once said ''what people think of me is none of my business''
I am only disturbed when banning and bashing Islam becomes the law!

:w:

Futuwwa
08-06-2011, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I am only disturbed when banning and bashing Islam becomes the law!
Since a great deal of those talkbackers probably have the right to vote somewhere, it might actually happen.

Abz2000
08-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Sorry, "watch" is unavailable or could not be found.
it's there if you google it, or if you paste it into your youtube searchbox

i can't post links yet as i haven't posted a lot

Abz2000
08-06-2011, 02:49 AM
or paste this into youtube or google:

Lives Of The Prophets - The Story Of Lut (Lot) part 1

peace,
abz

Who Am I?
08-06-2011, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
What's disturbing is not that this is done by Tajikistan, but that the majority of talkbackers seem to approve of and agree with this policy. And this is Huffington Post, which I thought was being read by liberal and tolerant people.

Maybe it's time to start stocking up on armaments and get hold of the Anarchist's Cookbook... :hmm:
I'm reading up on survival skills. My plan is to hole up in the woods when the apocalypse happens. Nobody else will be up there.

:heated: Err... oh wait. I mean, I'll be in town with everyone else. Yeah, that's where I'll be. :nervous:

Ramadhan
08-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Sorry, "watch" is unavailable or could not be found

aadil77
08-06-2011, 12:01 PM
no one can repress islam, dumb decision by tajiks - they will end up with a revolution on their hands

جوري
08-06-2011, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
no one can repress islam, dumb decision by tajiks - they will end up with a revolution on their hands
They're fighting God not people.. just look at what happened to the Navy seals going to kill more Afghans during the holy month.. may Allah swt increase their losses and make us ever triumphant insha'Allah

Who Am I?
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Yeah, apparently they have learned nothing from the Arab Spring.

Haya emaan
08-06-2011, 07:05 PM
And they planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners. (3:54)

FS123
08-06-2011, 07:22 PM
The real sad thing about it is Tajikistan is mainly muslim country and it is surrounded by muslim countries. But the ruler is a dictator and he is secular so he is forcing secularism down on the population. Where are the advocates of democracy now? And what OIC is doing about it?

جوري
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
The real sad thing about it is Tajikistan is mainly muslim country and it is surrounded by muslim countries. But the ruler is a dictator and he is secular so he is forcing secularism down on the population. Where are the advocates of democracy now? And what OIC is doing about it?
'democracy' in their books is siding with dictators not majority want.. Enver Hoxha tried to establish the first atheist state and unfortunately I think he was successful with the majority of Albanians not knowing much about Islam. I really wish I were wrong about this but I am yet to meet an Albanian who isn't just a bad Muslim but is almost adamant in their pursuit to malign Islam and Muslims..

whatever the case it isn't a quantitative issue.. Insha'Allah Islam will rise again, like it did before when they were only a handful ..

GuestFellow
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
Yeah, apparently they have learned nothing from the Arab Spring.
Salaam,

That is what I was thinking...

FS123
08-06-2011, 11:23 PM
'democracy' in their books is siding with dictators not majority want.. Enver Hoxha tried to establish the first atheist state and unfortunately I think he was successful with the majority of Albanians not knowing much about Islam. I really wish I were wrong about this but I am yet to meet an Albanian who isn't just a bad Muslim but is almost adamant in their pursuit to malign Islam and Muslims..

whatever the case it isn't a quantitative issue.. Insha'Allah Islam will rise again, like it did before when they were only a handful ..

Kamal Ataturk did the same in Turkey but in Turkey has turned around and ban on the hijab has been lifted. For last 10 years, Islamic party has been elected. But it happened when their system got better - free and fair. In Tajikistan Emomalii Rahmon has been president since 1994 (17 years). He has Russia's support because he does Russia's work. There is Russian base in Tajikistan, which would not have been possible it had free and fair elections. Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emomali_Rahmon#Corruption

I blame OIC. OIC should be more active in fighting corruption and implementing free and fair elections in Islamic countries, but they does nothing.

Who Am I?
08-07-2011, 03:13 AM
:sl:

Islam was blamed (unfairly, it can certainly be argued) for a lot of the Ottoman Empire's problems during WW1. The reality was that the OE was already a dying empire long before WW1 due to a series of weak and corrupt sultans and government officials and failed economic policies. After the defeat and subsequent breakup of the OE after the Central Powers defeat, the people needed something to blame, and they chose Islam. That allowed Ataturk to establish a secular state in modern Turkey.

User29123
08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
lol I did not know Tajikistan was a Muslim country but doing a search says 98% is Sunni Muslim, to be honest they cannot apply this law then cause it will not work. If parents take their kids no one will stop them, even cops won't they probably pray too!!

FS123
08-07-2011, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
lol I did not know Tajikistan was a Muslim country but doing a search says 98% is Sunni Muslim, to be honest they cannot apply this law then cause it will not work. If parents take their kids no one will stop them, even cops won't they probably pray too!!
It has already happened in Turkey once, but even they didn't put a ban on mosques. Emomali Rahmon has lost his mind, sooner or later it will backfire very badly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!