/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fast invalid??

anonymous
08-04-2011, 03:41 AM
salaam

I am fasting and was doing wudu for fajr - when ever i washed my face i made sure my mouth was closed - but kept involuntry swalling everytime the water spashed my face i dont know why this happens -

the thing is i dont know weather the third swallow was voluntry or not - i keep thinking i did it on purpose

what if you swalled on purpose but still dont know if water went down your troat

each time this happened i dont know if water went down my troat -

do i have to offer kaffarah if i swalled on ppurpose even though i dont know if water actually went down my troat??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-04-2011, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam

I am fasting and was doing wudu for fajr - when ever i washed my face i made sure my mouth was closed - but kept involuntry swalling everytime the water spashed my face i dont know why this happens -

the thing is i dont know weather the third swallow was voluntry or not - i keep thinking i did it on purpose

what if you swalled on purpose but still dont know if water went down your troat

each time this happened i dont know if water went down my troat -

do i have to offer kaffarah if i swalled on ppurpose even though i dont know if water actually went down my troat??
Asalaamu Alaikum, voluntarily swallowing water invalidates the fast but the fact that you have severe waswas means that is definately not the case and you are letting a minor thing get to you again when nothing happened in the first place.

So disregard it and continue with your fast. Next time put less water in your hand for when you splash it in your face so that you do not get waswas. As i said to you before do EVERYTHING once. Do the wudu once and do not think of it again. Same goes for Salaah and every other worship.

It will only get to you if you let it. You don't have to let it. Just reject it.

anonymous
08-04-2011, 07:58 AM
But what if you did swallow on purpose but still don't know if water went down your throat. Does this invalidate it cos u swallowed km purpose wheather or not water went down your throat And would you have to offer expiation

Hamza Asadullah
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM
But what if you did swallow on purpose but still don't know if water went down your throat. Does this invalidate it cos u swallowed km purpose wheather or not water went down your throat And would you have to offer expiation
But why would you want to swallow water intentionally unless you wanted to break your fast? Sister stop letting it get to you. Take control before it controls you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
08-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm trying not to let it get to me but just finding it really hard. My paranoia makes me do stupid things. So that's why I think this. But even if I did swallow on purpose I still don't know if any water entered my throat as there was little water in my mouth. That's why I was asking if your fast broke if you swallowed intentionally but are not sure if any water went down your throat.

Hamza Asadullah
08-04-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm trying not to let it get to me but just finding it really hard. My paranoia makes me do stupid things. So that's why I think this. But even if I did swallow on purpose I still don't know if any water entered my throat as there was little water in my mouth. That's why I was asking if your fast broke if you swallowed intentionally but are not sure if any water went down your throat.
It is only broken by certainty not paranoia and sister you know you are very paranoid anyway due to your severe waswas so you should ignore it and continue your fast. DO NOT LET YOUR WASWAS AFFECT YOUR RAMADAN! Fight it and know that you are stronger than it.

anonymous
08-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok so even if say I didn't swallow on purpose but am not certain that anything went down my throat it doesn't matter

Hamza Asadullah
08-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Ok so even if say I didn't swallow on purpose but am not certain that anything went down my throat it doesn't matter
Yes if you are not certain then it doesn't matter. Apply this rule EVERYTIME you get waswas and you will overcome your waswas.

Hamza Asadullah
08-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes if you are not certain then it doesn't matter. Apply this rule EVERYTIME you get waswas and you will overcome your waswas.

anonymous
08-04-2011, 10:29 PM
ok thanks - i will do inshaAllah

Just one more question -

When rinsing mouth out whilst fasting - how many times are you required to spit out -
cos when i rinse my mouth out there is water left after spitting it out and i kind of swallow the remaining water???

anonymous
08-04-2011, 10:31 PM
i think i spit out once or twice but there was still water left in my mouth which i swllowed - my intention wasnt to break fast but again at the same time i didnt spit out ntil all the water was gone from my mouth

Hamza Asadullah
08-06-2011, 05:58 AM
i think i spit out once or twice but there was still water left in my mouth which i swllowed - my intention wasnt to break fast but again at the same time i didnt spit out ntil all the water was gone from my mouth
Spitting water out once or twice is fine there is NO need to go to extremes.

anonymous
08-06-2011, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Spitting water out once or twice is fine there is NO need to go to extremes.
I have exactly the same problem here! I am so distressed, my brain is constantly in overdrive since Ramadhan has started. I am spitting water out quite a lot too. It does take away peace and enjoyment from your worship. I am becoming so hypersensitive about everything, wudu, shower, praying. I am becoming quite overwhelmed by all of this and it is only the first week yet. At times I feel as though I cannot cope for so long like this, I feel as though I am 'losing it' in some areas. I don't know how other people can deal with these problems so easily :(((((

I always worry when rinsing my mouth whether I have swallowed water accidentally or deliberately, and now I am becoming so overwhelmed I cannot distinguish between what is accidental and what is deliberate? I really feel anxious before doing wudu, having a shower etc. Everything takes me so much longer now:( Please help me, I want to be free of this problem and be able to enjoy the rest of this blessed month

JazakAllah for your help, wa'alaikumus-salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!