/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Something that made the Prophet(pbuh) laugh during Ramadan

Perseveranze
08-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Saw this hadith posted on another forum, thought I should relay it here.

Sahih Muslim :: Book# 6 :: Hadith# 2457

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that a person came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: “Messenger of Allah, I am undone.” He (the Holy Prophet) said: “What has brought about your ruin?” He said: “I have had intercourse with my wife during the month of Ramadan.” Upon this he (the Holy prophet) said: “Can you find a slave to set him free?” He said: “No.” He (the Holy Prophet again) said: “Can you observe fast for two consecutive months?” He said: “No.” He (the Holy Prophet) said: “Can you provide food to sixty poor people?”, He said: “No.” He then sat down and (in the meanwhile) there was brought to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) a basket which contained dates. He (the Holy Prophet) said: “Give these (dates) in charity.” He (the man) said: “Am I to give to one who is poorer than I? There is no family poorer than mine between the two lava plains of Madinah.” The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) laughed so that his molar teeth became visible and said: “Go and give it to your family to eat.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!