/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Financial Difficulties

zakahmed
08-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Due to health issues at the moment I'm unable to work full time , I was just wondering if any of the brothers or sisters here have had much luck with things like ebay? I thought I'd try and sell some of my old stuff but its amazing how things deppreciate in value.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I have sold some of my uber expensive books for pennies on ebay but just to make space things do depreciate in value and ebay almost always sides with buyers than sellers.. I read horror stories of seller putting authentic Hermes/Prada type products, buyer claims not as described sends back a fake.. thievery is a thriving business.. my sis in law has a book business on ebay but I think she loses more than she makes.. Not sure if that is the case for everyone but for small businesses I think things are rough..

Some artists also sell their original paintings there sometimes I think the oil colors and canvas plus the effort costs more than the selling price but I have purchased a few originals so I think if you have a talent you may want to parlay it into some sort of business for now..

may Allah swt grant you shiffaa and ease your affairs insha'Allah.. Believe me these are hard times for everyone..

:w:

Yanal
08-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Asalam alaikum brother,

Never really got around in using eBay with neither selling or buying stuff on there,but insha'Allaah you are in my du'as,insha'Allaah.

zakahmed
08-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks very much for all of the great advice,

If I have any stuff in the house I no longer use I'll probably just stick it up and see if it sells but it definately doesn't sound a stable source of income so I will be sure to look out for alternative ideas.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
08-07-2011, 01:20 PM
:sl:

I haven't had any experience in selling things on the internet, but I have some friends and wives of friends who have done some businesses on the internet, mainly through Facebook. Businesses through facebook is very booming in Indonesia, one of the advantages of buying/selling through facebook is that the buyers/sellers are known by friends of families or friends of friends, hence frauds is minimised.

ardianto
08-07-2011, 03:31 PM

I do not sell hard stuffs in internet, my business is send packages from my customers to receivers in various places in Indonesia. I am an agent of a local courier company.

But do you know ? around a half of stuffs that sent through my place are stuffs that sold in internet, from clothes, bags, electronics, until vehicle spare parts. Like bro Ramadhan said, those sellers offer their stuffs mainly through Facebook, although many of them also have their own websites.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I haven't had any experience in selling things on the internet, but I have some friends and wives of friends who have done some businesses on the internet, mainly through Facebook. Businesses through facebook is very booming in Indonesia, one of the advantages of buying/selling through facebook is that the buyers/sellers are known by friends of families or friends of friends, hence frauds is minimised.
Alhamdulillah, many of Indonesian people who sell stuffs in internet send their stuffs through JNE. :D

Ali Mujahidin
08-07-2011, 03:56 PM

Do you have your own connection to the internet? There are many things that you can do to earn a good income by just sitting in front of your computer. If you are interested, I can give you some ideas. For free. No strings attached.

Far7an
08-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

Ebay is a very good tool to sell online, following are some things I've learnt whilst trading on ebay:

1. It's always good to build up your profile and get as many positive feedback from your buyers as possible in the initial stages. Even one negative feedback can be very detrimental in the early stages! To get your feedback up, buy and sell some cheap stuff. I bought Mobile Phone straps in bulk and sold them for £1 each on ebay inc p+p, I didn't make much money from that but I got over 100+ positive feedback from customers. If you're selling something expensive people won't trust you as much if you don't have a high level of feedback.

2. Don't sell books on ebay, use amazon for that, you'll get a much better response on there.

3. Don't sell anything which would be difficult to post.

4. There are certain times which are more suitable to end the listing depending on the product you're selling. If it's an electric product which youth would be interested in, evenings during the weekend would be better. If it's something that would be useful for a housewife or mother, then early afternoon would be a better time to finish.

Those are just some tips off the top of my head, if I think of anything else, I'll post it here insha'Allah

ardianto
08-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I sold my coffeemaker through used stuff shop when I was in financial difficulties.

But sell your own old stuffs actually is not a way out from financial difficulties. Maybe you can consider to sell other people's digital product through affiliate marketing ?.

zakahmed
08-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I've bought stuff off Amazon before but I've never thought of trying to sell anything there so thats definately a good idea :) .

I think I'll give it a go just to see if I can generate a little extra cash but by the sounds of things it wont be a permanent solution. I think the worst part is realising how much things have lost there value , for instance some computer stuff I bought few years back I paid around £60 but now they sell for £10 on ebay :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!