/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and hate getting worse?

User29123
08-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Salam,

I think the hatred on Islam is getting worse day by day, you got the media taking about Islam and Jihad then you got Geert Wilder's Robert Spencer and EDL running up and down, and in USA it's even worse since FBI love to spy on Muslims (As Far As I heard), don't you people think it's about time we do something..? They kill all our Brothers and Sisters then blame it on us, and then you got Muslims who leave Islam, (I know two people which have more or less) I am sicking and tired of these lot just saying, its not a war against Islam but a war against Taliban.....but it is a war against Islam.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FS123
08-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Well, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) faced much worse in Mecca. It is no where close to that. But what he did he preached and made the faith of muslims stronger. Those who leave Islam they don't know really know much about Islam. I'm reading "Islam and Destiny of Man" http://www.amazon.co.uk/Islam-Destin.../dp/0946621470

So far it has been amazing book, and lot of people have come to Islam after reading that book. It is written by former agnostic (later became Muslim) and who was raised in agnostic family. If these people can come to Islam after knowing Islam properly, then why can't current muslims stay in Islam after learning properly about Islam?

Yanal
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Salam,

I think the hatred on Islam is getting worse day by day, you got the media taking about Islam and Jihad then you got Geert Wilder's Robert Spencer and EDL running up and down, and in USA it's even worse since FBI love to spy on Muslims (As Far As I heard), don't you people think it's about time we do something..? They kill all our Brothers and Sisters then blame it on us, and then you got Muslims who leave Islam, (I know two people which have more or less) I am sicking and tired of these lot just saying, its not a war against Islam but a war against Taliban.....but it is a war against Islam.....
Asalam alaikum,

Well,this has been going on for many years now,its just magnified throughtout the recent years due to the media,just picking on a certain topic when they have nothign new to report. Like brother FS123 said,Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) faced much more throughout those days,this is barely a mere fraction of that. Insha'Allaah all we can do is pray to Allah that he guides those non muslims,and all we can do is try to preach as we can.

May Allah give us the knowledge and strenght to do so,ameen.

aadil77
08-07-2011, 11:04 PM
The hate is only uniting muslims, I don't see it as a bad thing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
08-07-2011, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
The hate is only uniting muslims, I don't see it as a bad thing
Asalam alaikum brother,

Well,it does unite us Muslims,but what I think the brother is trying to imply is the negative publicity may be creating a stereotype for the world to perceive us as instead of viewing us as who we really are...

Perseveranze
08-07-2011, 11:56 PM
I see hate... but I also see what reflects this beautiful surah -

"In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
When Allah's succour and the triumph cometh
And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in troops,
Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy."
Chapter An-Nasr (Succour) [110:1]

جوري
08-08-2011, 12:00 AM
we're the world or at least a very large portion of it so the hate they publicize is for their own souls and echos their own psyche.. They hate and project it, they invade and call themselves heroes.. They create wars and animosities and it will back fire on them:
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا يُنْفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُمْ لِيَصُدُّوا عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۚ فَسَيُنْفِقُونَهَا ثُمَّ تَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ حَسْرَةً ثُمَّ يُغْلَبُونَ ۗ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ يُحْشَرُونَ {36}
[Pickthal 8:36] Lo! those who disbelieve spend their wealth in order that they may debar (men) from the way of Allah. They will spend it, then it will become an anguish for them, then they will be conquered. And those who disbelieve will be gathered unto hell,

fla ya7zonka qawlohoum..

:w:

MustafaMc
08-08-2011, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alaikum brother,

Well,it does unite us Muslims,but what I think the brother is trying to imply is the negative publicity may be creating a stereotype for the world to perceive us as instead of viewing us as who we really are...
You are exactly correct. This very stereotyping was one of the reasons why I quit practicing Islam in 1985 and this association of Islam with 'terrorism' in the media was a severe test again after I decided to practice Islam in June 2001.

Abz2000
08-08-2011, 12:31 AM
that is how Allah separates truth from falsehood,

Allah disdains not to use the similitude of things, lowest as well as highest. Those who believe know that it is truth from their Lord; but those who reject Faith say: "What means Allah by this similitude?" By it He causes many to stray, and many He leads into the right path; but He causes not to stray, except those who forsake (the path),-
27. Those who break Allah.s Covenant after it is ratified, and who sunder what Allah Has ordered to be joined, and do mischief on earth: These cause loss (only) to themselves.

it may hurt to see the misconceptions and we do have to do our best to make it clear - which is how many people actually come to the truth and are firm on it thereafter.
i have watched and read many stories of converts who interacted with Muslims or read the quran and realized that it was far from what the media portray it as.
this causes them to be even more curious as to why people have a certain agenda to discredit Islam, which brings them to the realization that it must be the true way - which is why the followers of Satan hate it.

'Umar (ra) - when he was on his way to kill the Prophet (pbuh) and heard about and went to attack his sisiter (you know the story) when he was finally given the scrolls bearing Surah Ta-ha and read it - he is reported to have said - Is this what Quraish are against?
the actual furore they had caused made people dwell on it more than they would have :D and consider it more than they would have ;D
watch this vid to understand what i'm getting at:

paste it into the youtube search box:

watch?v=M8vfO3q0P_o

peace

Abz2000
08-08-2011, 12:39 AM
i'm a full member! Masha-Allah!!! i can now embed !!!

Mujahideen92
08-08-2011, 01:00 AM
I think it is actually getting better. People are learning more about Islam and arent nearly as ignorant as they used to.

Futuwwa
08-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Free publicity is free. Even the attack on World Trade Center led to a net increase in the rate of conversions to Islam. If even such a thing could do it, simply through increased publicity and the exposure that followed, there's no reason why it wouldn't be the same this time. Geert Wilders, Anders Breivik and the EDL, thanks for the free publicity ;D

Ramadhan
08-08-2011, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Geert Wilders, Anders Breivik and the EDL, thanks for the free publicity
Don't forget Terry Jones, the burn the Qur'an pastor. He led to the reportedly largest increases in the sale of al Qur'an in the USA.

Who Am I?
08-08-2011, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

Don't forget Terry Jones, the burn the Qur'an pastor. He led to the reportedly largest increases in the sale of al Qur'an in the USA.
Totally unrelated, but every time I hear the name "Terry Jones", I think of the Monty Python guy.

FS123
08-09-2011, 02:05 AM
They plan, but God plans too. And God is the best of planners!

User29123
08-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah they stereotype us a lot, I bet if Muslims started those riots in London, we would be extremist....

Ramadhan
08-09-2011, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Yeah they stereotype us a lot, I bet if Muslims started those riots in London, we would be extremist....
If they were muslims, no way they would've been called extremists... Most likely they would've been called terrorists.

User29123
08-09-2011, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
If they were muslims, no way they would've been called extremists... Most likely they would've been called terrorists.
Yeah I would agree with that...

MartyrX
08-09-2011, 05:18 PM
We'd be terrorists if we were doing the rioting.

Galaxy
08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
:sl:

Don't you think it's funny some of them are scared that Muslims will implement Shari'ah Law in the United States?

Who Am I?
08-09-2011, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy

Don't you think it's funny some of them are scared that Muslims will implement Shari'ah Law in the United States?
:wa:

I used to be one of those people until recently. In fact, at one point I was convinced that the "one world government" prophecied in Revelations in the Bible was going to be Islamic Shariah Law.

Of course, I no longer think that now, and would welcome Shariah Law into our decadent society.

You watch though; somehow Muslims will be blamed for what's going on in the UK right now (if they haven't been blamed already).

MartyrX
08-09-2011, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy

Reading through Michelle Bachmann's views it seems she wants to ban Sharia Law and implement a Christian like law in the States.

Aprender
08-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Hmm. I think in some regions of the U.S. it's getting worse but we just have to remain patient. I think it's silly to allow the ignorance of others take away a serious part of who you are. My hatred for Islam led me to learning about it then taking my shahada two months ago.

People who propagate hate don't last long. Their time will soon be up. May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

Ramadhan
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Hmm. I think in some regions of the U.S. it's getting worse but if we just have to remain patient. I think it's silly to allow the ignorance of others take away a serious part of who you are. My hatred for Islam led me to learning about it then taking my shahada two months ago.

People who propagate hate don't last long. Their time will soon be up. May Allah guide us all. Ameen.
Allahu Akbar

I was wondering where you were, and it turned out it's been good news after all alhamdulillah.
May Allah keep you on straight path and rewards you with much blessings in this dunya and akhirah. ameen.

Abz2000
08-09-2011, 10:22 PM
so..........from yours and ramadan's comment i deduce..........you joined the forum in jan 2011 to hate on everyone - got love and calm responses back and got serious info back, also did your own research, and decided to be honest with yourself?

God is Great,

'Umar (ra)'s story to the end!

Who Am I?
08-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Hmm. I think in some regions of the U.S. it's getting worse but we just have to remain patient. I think it's silly to allow the ignorance of others take away a serious part of who you are. My hatred for Islam led me to learning about it then taking my shahada two months ago.

Similiar to my story, except that I never really HATED Islam, I was just afraid of it and curious to know why I was afraid of it.

User29123
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM

This made my day...

Aprender
08-10-2011, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
so..........from yours and ramadan's comment i deduce..........you joined the forum in jan 2011 to hate on everyone - got love and calm responses back and got serious info back, also did your own research, and decided to be honest with yourself?

God is Great,

'Umar (ra)'s story to the end!
Oh no. I hated on Islam long before I joined the forum. I did my own research about it, saw how wrong I was taught about Islam and then joined this forum to get to know some Muslims online first. It wasn't that I hated Muslims, more so that I hated the religion and that was because I was told extremely incorrect things about it growing up. You never think that the adults around you would tell you lies about an entire religion in that way as a child but that's what happened. My intention wasn't to cause trouble or debate here and try to convert others like some of the members do. How could I do that when there were questions/issues I had with my own faith that no one I spoke to had a real answer for? And I wasn't about to make up some flowery language just to make myself feel better. I was already honest with myself upon coming here. I lurked for months before I became a member.

I just came here to have an outlet because I know there were others on this message board who were going through the same questioning process as I was. It's scary to know that something you were taught your entire life may not actually be the truth--something that is so important, but I was fine with confronting that and sifting through everything to make my own decision. I used what I learned here to connect with the local Muslim community where I live and that helped me take the steps to get to where I am today. Alhamdulillah for everything.

Insha'Allah I can post my revert story soon. Ramadan mubarak to you all. :)

User29123
08-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Here is another thing how useless can some people be..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BO-E...&feature=feedu

GuestFellow
08-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Salaam,

This hate is directed at Islam, immigrants or those that look like immigrants. We are going through wars and economic problems. Muslims and immigrants are being blamed for problems beyond their control. Funny how history repeats itself.

Who Am I?
08-10-2011, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

This hate is directed at Islam, immigrants or those that look like immigrants. We are going through wars and economic problems. Muslims and immigrants are being blamed for problems beyond their control. Funny how history repeats itself.
Uh, yeah. Medieval Europe and 1930's Germany come to mind.

The sad irony is that this time around, some of the ones doing the blaming are the grandchildren of the victims of the Nazis during 1930's Germany...

Khalil_Allah
08-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Listen, it is easy to become angry or fearful of all the madness going on and all the loud people opposed to Islam. If you find yourself among those who are worried, then worry no more, because I have found your cure.

Surat AS-Saff! Although the whole surah is magnificent and worth memorizing and understanding, I'll point your attention to three ayahs that ring in my head everytime I get upset by these hate-mongering people:

"And who is more of a wrongdoer than those who invent about Allah a lie while they are invited to Islam. And Allah does not guide wrongdoers. They want to extinguish the light of Allah by their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, even if the disbelievers dislike it. He is the one who sent His messenger on the guidance and the religion of truth to make it over all other religions, even if those who associate others with Allah dislike it."

Don't worry, my dear siblings in Islam :) :statisfie

Abz2000
08-10-2011, 11:45 PM
here's one for ya - a bad hater who used to physically torture Muslims - then in the end they (the muslims) made him their most beloved Caliph - who is beloved to this day!!!

the best of you in ignorance will be the best of you in Islam
- IF you become learned in the religion
(Bukhâri 4/572 and Muslim):

peace

Eric H
08-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

It was very tragic to hear of the three Muslim youths run over in Birmingham, at this stage it is difficult to know why this happened.

Our thoughts and prayers are for their family and friends, we pray for peace in our communities.

May you all be blessed hrough this holy month of Ramadan.

Eric

User29123
08-14-2011, 04:12 PM
The hates getting worse but is this what they do int, Iraq?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAT9K...eature=related

Looks like their mission...

GuestFellow
08-14-2011, 04:55 PM
^ Salaam,

I wouldn't take fox news seriously.

User29123
08-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I bet they try and get people to revert...probably fail...

Futuwwa
08-14-2011, 08:22 PM
People change religion all the time, from pretty much any religion to any other. Nothing new or noteworthy in that Fox video, even given the odd chance that it would be true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!