/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Singapore!

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Salam to my Muslim family and friends! Hope you're enjoying your Ramadhan!

Hello to all who love peace! Hope you're enjoying your August!

My name is Nurul Huda. I'm a Muslim (religion) Javanese-Malay (race) Singaporean (nationality). I'm studying full-time at the University of Newcastle, Australia based in Singapore. That's because I can't afford to study in Australia so I'm learning at their Singapore campus.

Pleased to meet you all!

Happy fasting and have a nice day!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
08-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Assalamu Alaikkum,

Welcome to the LI Family

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 01:34 PM
:wa:

Thank you, Brother shible!

Riana17
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Welcome Sister,

Nice country, clean & peaceful, Masha Allah

Fasting is good till todayh, I guess the situation or mood, I am sad, I think I wasted my time today. I hope Allah forgives me, I talked too much, I hope I will be better in future.

Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
08-08-2011, 01:56 PM
:sl:

Selamat bergabung di IB, sis. Huda.

Mudah2an anda betah di sini dan menemukan banyak manfaat.

Salam dari Jakarta.

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Thank you, Sister Riana17!

You've been to Singapore? It's clean because nobody wants to pay a fine for littering. :p It's also peaceful because the schools here are made to teach racial and religious harmony. They call it National Education. *shrugs*

Cheer up, Sister!

"If happiness comes to the Mu'min's, they should make Shukr and this is good for them, if sadness comes to be the Mu'min's lot , then they should exercise Sabr and this is good for them." (Hadith Muslim)

May you find patience to cope with your sadness, Sister! :)

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
:wa:

Terima kasih, Mas Ramadhan!

Insya-Allah saya akan mendapat manfaat untuk diri saya sebagai seorang Muslim.

Salam dari Singapura :D

ardianto
08-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Sugeng rawuh ing Islamicboard, mbak Nurul Huda.

I am so surprised to meet a Javanese in Singapore in this forum. I am a Javanese too but I am living in Sundanese region, Bandung, and I can't speak Javanese.

Singapore is green and clean because nobody wants to pay fine littering. And the first sentence that heard by Indonesian people when they arrive in Singapore is "Remember ! this is Singapore, not Indonesia ! do not littering or you will be fined !" :D

Haya emaan
08-08-2011, 02:19 PM
walaikum assalam dear sister
welcome to our IB family..
nice to meet you:)
INSHALLAH you will have a benefecial stay here..

muslima haya

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Sugeng rawuh ing Islamicboard, mbak Nurul Huda.

I am so surprised to meet a Javanese in Singapore in this forum. I am a Javanese too but I am living in Sundanese region, Bandung, and I can't speak Javanese.

Singapore is green and clean because nobody wants to pay fine littering. And the first sentence that heard by Indonesian people when they arrive in Singapore is "Remember ! this is Singapore, not Indonesia ! do not littering or you will be fined !" :D
Terima kasih, Mas Erdianto! Nggak apa apa kot. Saya sendiri nggak bisa bicara Bahasa Jawa. ;D Saya cuma tahu sedikit saja Bahasa Indonesia kerna saya dulu asyik menonton sinetron seperti Hikmah, Dia, dan Cinta Fitri.

Hahaha! Yeah, the fine is quite expensive. :heated:

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
walaikum assalam dear sister
welcome to our IB family..
nice to meet you:)
INSHALLAH you will have a benefecial stay here..

muslima haya
Thank you, Sister muslima haya! Insya-Allah I can learn more about Islam here!

Ali Mujahidin
08-08-2011, 03:34 PM

Ahlan wa sahlan, sister Nurul Huda. Selamat berkenalan di forum ini. Harap ante dapat manfaat. Insha Allah.

Riana17
08-08-2011, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurul_huda
Thank you, Sister Riana17!

You've been to Singapore? It's clean because nobody wants to pay a fine for littering. :p It's also peaceful because the schools here are made to teach racial and religious harmony. They call it National Education. *shrugs*

Cheer up, Sister!

"If happiness comes to the Mu'min's, they should make Shukr and this is good for them, if sadness comes to be the Mu'min's lot , then they should exercise Sabr and this is good for them." (Hadith Muslim)

May you find patience to cope with your sadness, Sister! :)
Salam Alaikkum,

Yes we were there on May this year, if I was not mistaken it was election time in Geylang and I was so amazed by the peace of election, we were also in Malaysia before that and really nice countries to visit. I love Malaysia too, wow such a lovely Muslim country. May Allah bless you all.

I couldnt believe you people are so civilized, Masha Allah, nobody cheat on the bus or taxi (lol bcoz its monitored by CCTV? lol), that's nice to learn your country, I am honored, inshallah we will have more Singaporeans in IB, i hope you would invite your Brothers & Sisters to join. i joined here like end of May and my intention was to pray for fajr (I am new Muslim-still new becoz my knowledge is less but i am like 1.3yrs Muslim now alhamdollelah), learn Arabic, be a better wife & cook for husband, etc,,, well I did the 1st two and I still fail on the latter
LOOL

I talked alot, I told you something is wrong with me today,khalllass,,,, lol

inshallah you will enjoy your stay here in IB. If you need technical assistance please tell me & I will force Mr Beardo to fix it for you (I heard he is the IT guy here,,,, I knooowww! you thought for a moment that I am incharge, I so too loool)

Riana17
08-08-2011, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan

Ahlan wa sahlan, sister Nurul Huda. Selamat berkenalan di forum ini. Harap ante dapat manfaat. Insha Allah.

Salam Ukoi, ishloonek? kefhalek lol
I noticed that Malaysia, Singapore, Thai, Indonesian and Philippines languages are related but of course accent differs. I guess the origin is Malay,, oh i dont know, i just thought so lol

Salam I hope you are having a pleasant Ramadan

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Terima kasih, Brother ThisOldMan! Insya-Allah ana akan dapat menimbang ilmu yang berguna.

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
if I was not mistaken it was election time in Geylang and I was so amazed by the peace of election, we were also in Malaysia before that and really nice countries to visit. I love Malaysia too, wow such a lovely Muslim country. May Allah bless you all.

I couldnt believe you people are so civilized, Masha Allah, nobody cheat on the bus or taxi (lol bcoz its monitored by CCTV? lol), that's nice to learn your country, I am honored, inshallah we will have more Singaporeans in IB, i hope you would invite your Brothers & Sisters to join. i joined here like end of May and my intention was to pray for fajr (I am new Muslim-still new becoz my knowledge is less but i am like 1.3yrs Muslim now alhamdollelah), learn Arabic, be a better wife & cook for husband, etc,,, well I did the 1st two and I still fail on the latter
LOOL
Yes, it was our General Election and I attended the Opposition rallies! Lol! I am not afraid to admit that I don't support the ruling party. Mostly because their policies are causing quite a bit of trouble for Singaporeans now. But that's whole different story on politics. Let's not get there. Lol.

You should visit Geylang during Ramadhan! They lit up the entire Geylang... kinda like Christmas lights at Orchard only more Eid instead of Christmas-y. Lol. And there's the annual Geylang bazaar held every Ramadhan. Come shop! Come shop! Lol!

We can't cheat on the bus and taxi because all the fares are already set by the government. Plus, you'll be fined if you don't pay your fare. Singapore is all about fines! Hahaha!

Oh, wow! Keep up the good work! I'm a terrible Muslim myself that's why I try to learn AND practise as much as possible.

And psst! I hate cooking! >.<

Thanks for the heads up! Now I know who to refer to for technical assistance!

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I noticed that Malaysia, Singapore, Thai, Indonesian and Philippines languages are related but of course accent differs. I guess the origin is Malay,, oh i dont know, i just thought so lol
Yes, the general category for those languages are Malay. Bahasa Malaysia (including dialects in Kelantan, Penang, etc.), Bahasa Indonesia (including dialects such as Javanese, Sundanese, etc.), Bahasa Melayu (Singapore), and Bahasa Melayu (Brunei) are the ones that are most similar though.

Riana17
08-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, it was our General Election and I attended the Opposition rallies! Lol! I am not afraid to admit that I don't support the ruling party. Mostly because their policies are causing quite a bit of trouble for Singaporeans now. But that's whole different story on politics. Let's not get there. Lol.

You should visit Geylang during Ramadhan! They lit up the entire Geylang... kinda like Christmas lights at Orchard only more Eid instead of Christmas-y. Lol. And there's the annual Geylang bazaar held every Ramadhan. Come shop! Come shop! Lol!

We can't cheat on the bus and taxi because all the fares are already set by the government. Plus, you'll be fined if you don't pay your fare. Singapore is all about fines! Hahaha!

Oh, wow! Keep up the good work! I'm a terrible Muslim myself that's why I try to learn AND practise as much as possible.

And psst! I hate cooking! >.<

Thanks for the heads up! Now I know who to refer to for technical assistance!
Salam Alaikkum,
Thanks for the info about language.
Was there a rally? yeah i remember there was a little gathering on tv,,, it looks so quiet lool

No here in Mid East you should negotiate first before riding to taxi, they are sooo greedy.. I hate it, while in Singapore if your charge is 1.955, they will return the 5cent lool
anyway...
Yes Singaporeans has good mentality, I saw in tv 5yrs ago that one of your leader explain why Singapore bans smoking in public etc, she said that "Freedom does not means you can do anything in public, freedom means you should partipicate in growth of your environment and avoid negative contribution to live freely, in safe and good place" bad english, it was something like that lool

and thanks for the invite, I would love to, but this time I had enough I think, I shouldnt trvel more when I didnt go to Mecca yet, I wanted to go for Umrah or Hajj inshallah and besides we missed ME immediately hehehe, we walked alot, we save lots of penny for transportation, 1day we walk 10hrs, 8hrs, 6hrs, etc.. our month vacation was full of walking so i couldnt move my ankle during the last 5days in singapore lol

I am still terrible, but its big improvement to me, way back when I was Christian, I go to church once in 3yrs or the like and I only pray when I wanna die or I have problem, now oh alhamdollelah, alhamdollelah trillion times (im not good in math, whats next to trillion PLS :D), may Allah guide me to the right path till end, all in Allah's will. and my prayer is same to for you, May Allah love you forever, Amen

nurul_huda
08-08-2011, 05:07 PM
im not good in math, whats next to trillion PLS
Hmm, my maths isn't good either. Lol! Maybe zillion?

Our rallies aren't very emotional. Once we get emotional and if security thinks a riot will start, they will arrest the political leaders at the rally... and once again, make them pay fines. Sighs.

The bigger rallies will be those by the Workers' Party (one of the Opposition parties) but they usually won't show it on TV as the government controls the media.

And yeah, there's no place like home. :)

I hope you will have better days ahead of you and I pray that you will be able to perform the Hajj one day, Insya-Allah. :D

Riana17
08-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Hmm, my maths isn't good either. Lol! Maybe zillion?

Our rallies aren't very emotional. Once we get emotional and if security thinks a riot will start, they will arrest the political leaders at the rally... and once again, make them pay fines. Sighs.

The bigger rallies will be those by the Workers' Party (one of the Opposition parties) but they usually won't show it on TV as the government controls the media.

And yeah, there's no place like home. :)

I hope you will have better days ahead of you and I pray that you will be able to perform the Hajj one day, Insya-Allah. :D

Salam Sister,
Thanks alot, you are warm, i feel comfortable with you so fast, Masha Allah
welcome again and insha Allah you will stay longer

Happy Fasting!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!