/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will this break my fast?

_PakistaN_
08-09-2011, 05:00 AM
My belly button usually flows some sort of fluid. I don't know what it is. The cause for this is cigarettes. Before Ramadhan my plan was to quit smoking and I had done that 19 days prior to Ramadhan. It had almost diminished and was reducing and pretty much stopped after about 4 days of Ramadhan. Now recently I was going through severe stress and I started smoking again 3 days ago. I though the fluid would stop but it hadn't. It started flowing again. It's a minor flow. I am still not sure if it's the tar of the cigarette of anything else. Will this affect my fast in any way? I am really stressing because I've been fasting with this smelly fluid slowly comming out. I don't want it to affect my prayers of fast in any way.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
08-09-2011, 02:25 PM
fluid coming out of our body does not invalidate fasting, unless it's the menstrual blood.
However, smoking cigarette breaks fasting, you know this right?

ardianto
08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I am not sure if that fluid flow caused by cigarette. There are many smokers in my place but I never heard it's happened to them. It's better if you visit the doctor.

_PakistaN_
08-09-2011, 07:12 PM
yeah I know... I don't smoke while I'm fasting. I smoke after opening my fast.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_PakistaN_
08-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Okay I've done some research and I hear it's not that big of a problem. In some cases I hear that (poop) might be comming out? Which I hardly doubt. It smells like it though.

If I were to give a better example. I would say like how sometimes a person has a minor runny nose. That's pretty much the amount that flows. The thing is will this invalidate my prayers. Someone answered this doesn't invalidate my fast.

aadil77
08-10-2011, 12:27 AM
woh woh brother, I think you should see a doctor and get that sealed off

_PakistaN_
08-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Any answers please? I need help urgently

Ramadhan
08-11-2011, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Any answers please? I need help urgently
As for invalidating your prayer, it depends on which madhab you normally follow.

Anyway, maybe this thing is a soft warning/sign from Allah for you to quit smoking for good? The next sign/warning may not be so pretty.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!