/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Witr Salah

zakahmed
08-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I was just wondering when praying witr after isha on the 3rd rakah do we still recite a surah such as Surah Al Falik or do we move straight onto ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
:sl:

Yes, we recite a Surah (usually Surah Al-Ikhlas) after Surah Al-Fatihah in the third rakat of Witr.

جوري
08-09-2011, 11:13 PM
that is interesting, I have been taught or perhaps doing it incorrectly as isha'a, then taraweeh, then shaf3 (two rak3as) then witr just one..

:w:

AabiruSabeel
08-09-2011, 11:24 PM
^That method is also correct and according to the Hanbali and Shaf'i method of praying witr.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakahmed
08-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Thats great! Thanks for clearing that up :)

Aishath
01-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Asalaamu alaykum,

I have come to realise that some people consider this prayer to be obligatory whilst others think of this as a highly regarded sunnah. Can you please explain this to me?

Ghazalah
01-29-2012, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aishath
Asalaamu alaykum,

I have come to realise that some people consider this prayer to be obligatory whilst others think of this as a highly regarded sunnah. Can you please explain this to me?
Wslm..

This is the Hanafi opinion that it is Wajib to pray witr.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!