/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salam

karimium
08-10-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm a lapsed muslim who lost faith and had his iman deteriorated over time.

Post 9/11 from the onslaught of propaganda against islam, it made me question my belief, I never sought answers to these questions posed by evangelists from other faiths, and I just let these doubts fester in my mind without seeking clarification from them. I always had enough faith to believe in Allah, and the Quran and his messengers but became very agnostic in some of my beliefs about prayer.

Although I would call myself a muslim, I was probably for all intents and purposes an agnostic throughout all this time. I never prayed, the only prayer I did was recite the dua Allahumma bismika amuutu wa ahyaa because I went through a phase of getting very scary nightmares and when I recited that dua it ususally gave me peaceful sleep.

Just a few days ago, my father passed away, and it created an emotional response in me, I could only find solace in prayer and I prayed and made dua to Allah to spare him as much as possible, not for my sake but for his sake.

Now this has led me to question, how do I want to die, how do I want to raise my children, and if there is an afterlife I need to sort out my priorities. I'm beginning my quest to seek answers to the doubts I have in my very fragile iman and research them.

This is why I am here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-10-2011, 02:07 AM
:welcome: aboard and Ramadan Mubarak.. you sound like me but pre 911.. When 911 happened I thought to myself if Muslims are behind this I want absolutely nothing to do with this religion.. then I started studying it seriously to make an educated decision.. sob7an Allah.. I think also for that reason many people converted post 911.. they wanted to know what this religion was all about and became pleasantly surprised in a life altering way..

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-10-2011, 02:20 AM
wa Alaaykum as'Salaam

welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial..

Haya emaan
08-10-2011, 08:59 AM
walaikum assalam..
welcome to the forum..
INSHALLAH you will have a benefecial stay here..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alhamdulilaah
08-11-2011, 10:35 AM
wa alaikum as salam, welcome to the forum. Hope you will benefit from it.

MartyrX
08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Wa alaikum salam brother! Enjoy your stay here.

Jalal~
08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
:wa:
Hope you find what your looking for!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!