/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading Jummah and work

zakahmed
08-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I know some brothers who have asked their bosses to take their lunch break slightly later to read jummah and have been allowed to do so, but personally I find it very uncomfortable to approach my boss t. What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-10-2011, 03:53 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

You should do the same. you shouldnt feel uncomfortable, what about feeling uncomfortable by not performing salaatul jumuaah and missing out and not pleasing Allaah? Im thinking everyone feels rather 'uncomfortable' approaching their boss, but i guess we have to make the effort insha'Allaah.

Once you approach him also put your trust in Allaah to make it easy for you.

yas2010
08-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Salaam/Peace

A lovely response from Ukhti Jewel of Wisdom.

Many brothers in my work place perform Jummah and they have spoken to their relevant managers and have even said that they would willing work an extra hour to make up for this.

There is also a jewish colleague who observes the sabbath and he leaves early afternoon on friday.

Put your trust in Allah (swt)

zakahmed
08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for all the support, hopefully this thread will be able to help others in a similar situation :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!