/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Back Again..

Scimitar
08-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Assalaam Alaikum

And what a story to tell. I wasnt here for the longest time. 8-9 weeks ago, I got mugged at gunpoint would you believe.

They took my laptop and phone, but didnt take my life - Alhamdulillah

Alas I am back, and hope to stay here a bit longer this time, insha-Allah

It's been a long hard jjourney trying to save money for another laptop... still havent got a phone, but I dont care.

Some real interesting things have been happening... we'll catch up soon isha-Allah

I'm just pleased to be back

Salaam

Scimitar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
08-11-2011, 06:53 AM
:sl:

welcome back brother
Alhamdulillah you are safe and sound. It must have been very terrifying incident for you. I've never been mugged at gunpoint, but I've been mugged and when I resisted, they hit me in the face and it was already very terrifying.
May Allah always protect you InshaAllah

Scimitar
08-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Thank yo shukria bro. It was actually really a nerve wracking experience. I dont even want to think about it tbh...

...But alhamdulillah, I'm safe.

Tell you what though, I'm in London UK and in the affected parts. Very close to Hackney and man, its crazy here at the moment.

Wallahi, tuff times we're living in. All the riots and all.

Mr.President
08-11-2011, 07:07 AM
the world is soo cruel !:exhausted

Once I got mugged on a train they took $5 dollars from me
I resisted then yea slapped me several times

I didn't care abt the $5 but those slaps hmmm I was soo angry !!

then my friends and I planned to teach that mugger a lesson and went on the same train for about 4 days
@last we caught him and taught him a good lesson

lucky he didn't die !!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alhamdulilaah
08-11-2011, 07:52 AM
wa alikum as salam

Welcome back Brother Scimitar, Best thing is u r safe and sound, Hope you enjoy ur stay here.

May Allah keep u in His protection, ameen.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

subhaan'Allaah that must've been terrifiying.

Alhamdulilaah that you are all safe.

Aameen to the du'aa. may Allaah grant you all protection Aameen

welcome back and hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial inshaa'Allaah

Ramadhaan Mubarak..

GuestFellow
08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Salaam,

Alhamdulillah your safe. I'm sorry about you losing your laptop and mobile phone. :/ Ugh I hate criminals...

جوري
08-11-2011, 11:35 PM
al7mdlillah for your safety.. life is irreplaceable and priceless everything else is meaningless material goods.. may Allah swt make your affairs easy on you..

:w:

Scimitar
08-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Alhamdulillah,

And thank you all for your kind words.

I been checking out the forum threads and wow, so many interesting topics.

Need to get my thinking Kuff on.

scimitar

Scimitar
08-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I cant seem to reply to any thread post, except this one here... I know I git to make 50 posts before priveleges are given to me, but all 50 posts in my own thread? really?

Or does a better way exist?

Assalaam Alaikum

Scimitar

alhamdulilaah
08-12-2011, 06:55 PM
wa alaikum as salam u hav to reach 50 posts anywhere u can, I mean any section u can reply, in some areas u may not be able to.

U can post in ayat a day, hadith a day, quiz sections and reply to any post u like.

Scimitar
08-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I was in the word thread... the one where you take the last word and make a sentence out of it, but uhm I couldn't post... whereas before, when I had my last laptop, I was able to. derp.

Thx for the heads up.

Salaam

Scimitar
08-13-2011, 08:09 PM
It was in this thread: Puzzles & Humour Thread, Make a sentence with the word (acronym). in General Forums;

​Woohoo (post count goes up lol)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2011, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
It was in this thread: Puzzles & Humour Thread, Make a sentence with the word (acronym). in General Forums;

​Woohoo (post count goes up lol)
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

That section is closed for the month as its Ramadhaan, and also a various other sections, check this thread inshaa'Allaah

->>> http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...-closings.html <<<-

However, there are sections that are not closed, and some that you wont be permitted to access untill you reach the 50 post count..

Scimitar
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh thanks for the heads up... that's cleared up a few things for me then, alhamdulillah.

I'll check the thread link you posted.

Scimitar

Scimitar
08-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Assalaam Alaikum.

I wanted to share something with you... When I got mugged, I first thought "why me?"... then upon reflection - a few weeks later that is, I came to realize that not having a mobile phone left me really undistracted. And I saw the event as a positive thing. I still don't have a mobile phone and am unsure as to whether I really need one.

Life has been very good since, and I have had time to reflect on many things because i'm no longer distracted. Let me explain:

Whenever I was bored, I would go to my phone, and go on the net, visiting social networking sites, or going in to IM to message "friends" just so the boredom passes. And to be frank, it worked but left me in a state of anxiety also, anxiety is the opposite of boredom, it sets adrenalin off, and causes one a temporary state of excitement - which is wholly unjustified.

In stark comparison, nowadays (and its been over two months since I got mugged) when I get bored, I question "why?" and "what am I neglecting here?" ... I sit back and tug on my beard, thinking "Have I done enough today? what else can I do that will bring a positive to my life?" and surely enough, the answers come.

Today I had a moment of reflection and thought "You know, you could actually share this bit of knowledge with the brothers and sisters on IslamicBoard forum" and immediately realized that you all could benefit.

In todays day and age, we increasingly rely on technology to dissolve our bored state of mind, and in doing so we find ourselves neglecting the self and instead feeding our ego.

It's only a small step, but it makes such a difference doing just this one thing. If one must use the internet, one must do it moderately and not spend too much time on it. Our prime purpose is to do deeds which bring us closer to our Creator, and the internet can have a small role to play in that regard (for example, coming to boards like this can help in a minor way) but don't let it distract you from your actions, for its your deeds that make you, and your deeds that break you...

that is all.

Assalaam Alaikum

Scimitar

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2011, 08:21 PM
^Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing

I agree, it is true and also a great reminder.

I hope that many others benefit from this reminder also..

aadil77
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Assalaam Alaikum.
Whenever I was bored, I would go to my phone, and go on the net, visiting social networking sites, or going in to IM to message "friends" just so the boredom passes. And to be frank, it worked but left me in a state of anxiety also, anxiety is the opposite of boredom, it sets adrenalin off, and causes one a temporary state of excitement - which is wholly unjustified.

In stark comparison, nowadays (and its been over two months since I got mugged) when I get bored, I question "why?" and "what am I neglecting here?" ... I sit back and tug on my beard, thinking "Have I done enough today? what else can I do that will bring a positive to my life?" and surely enough, the answers come.
You know what bro this is excellent advice, I've realised this too, whenever I want to get my mind off exams and studies I'll usually come on the net and waste a good few hours - its like a quick fix to boredom.

I think the best thing to do is go out or do something useful at home

Scimitar
08-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Sunhan-Allah. And thank you for your responses.

I realized very soon after that the mugging was actually a blessing in disguise...

I also engaged myself in further study of the causes of negative responses within the human condition... and what I found was quite amazing. Let me explain.

When I used to wear an analogue watch - I found myself always looking at the time, like I was in hurry or something. My sabr levels kept decreasing.

Then I also found that when I was in a car, and the revs were maxed, I felt a state of excitement, and sabr levels would decrease further.

I noticed that with a mobile phone - the radial resonances would set me off into a state of boredom, again no sabr.

Let me connect these three from a perspective you might all find quite interesting, Islamically.

1) The Analogue Watch

The hands move "clockwise" from left to right. I found in the study of esoteric energy that the clockwise movement of anything releases negative energy, low wave gamma radiation - which affects us. Consider where you wear the watch - on your wrist, the same place you can feel your pulse... Your body is receptive to all sorts of things, and clockwise movements which produce negative energy actually harm you, by making you impatient (a spiritual sickness). Proof? well, check it yourself. If you've ever owned an analogue watch in your life, you'll remember that when you had it, you formed a habit of always looking at the time... and this reflex, or habit, carried over to when you even wore a digital one. Your responses had already been affected. Now, if you don't wear a watch - you'll notice that you'll rely on your phone for the time - but less often. But when you are sitting down and noticing the tick tock of the analogue clock - you're all of a sudden checking every few minutes to see the time, right? Then comes habitual recollections - for example, always thinking that whenever you look at the time it is 9:10pm (for example) - and you'll convince yourself that something weird on going on because of it. You'll wonder why you keep seeing the same time over and over again. This happens to a lot of people. But it doesn't occur to them that the hundreds of moments they chose to look at the time through their day, that they seemed to have forgotten that simple fact - the fact that they are constantly checking their watches or clocks... strange huh? Let me move on.

2) Cars

Now, I'm all for transport and that... but, did you know that in Europe we have "male" cars and "female" cars? For example, The BMW 3 series is a male car, whereas the Fiat Cinquecento is a female car. They are geared towards these respective markets. And they are very cleverly engineered, as we all know... but here is something you didn't. Did you know that in the male car, the passenger seat (which is meant for a female to sit in) vibrates at a frequency of 33mhz when the revs are pushed up? What does the 33mhz frequency do? Well, pardon me if I step out of line here but, womens "toys" vibrate at the same frequency... and sexual gratification is impossible to satisfy in a car which is moving - so what happens then? Road rage... another facet to impatience (or lack of Sabr) This topic - on cars is quite deep... the same also applies to the female cars, where the men get "excited" in the car and often comment on the woman driver being unable to drive properly... amazing huh? Yes I know you've been witness to that account. these frequencies are "triggers"... you've already been indoctrinated in very clever ways via media and education to think like this. It's time to recognize the factors which play a part in how all this actually works.

3) The Mobile Phone

Now, you all own mobile/cell phones right? Ever turn them off? Or do they stay on even when you are alseep?

Let me ask you, do you ever sometimes hear a high frequency sound which seems to come from nowhere? It comes from radio waves... your mobile phone, your computer, laptop and tablet all give off these waves. They intercept the patterns of your brainwaves and your brain translates these signals into sounds... they are highly distracting, and in some cases - can lead to head-aches and worse...

Now, I'm gonna bang the proverbial nail in to the wood - so to speak:

The Tawaaf around the Kaaba and the human footprint...

Ok, so when we make tawaaf around the kaaba - we do it Counter-Clockwise, but we are taught also that this momentum is known as "Anti" clockwise... a derogatory term making you think that moving this way is wrong - becaue it is Anti. However, let's look at the evidences here to ascertain that this is infact a lie... Millions of people make the Tawaaf around the Kaaba, and upon doing 7 tawaafs, when they leave they feel energised. Why? Because when you do the tawaaf, you are moving with the flow of POSITIVE ENERGY, and the low lever gamma radiation which has been detected by scientists and even NASA experts, claim that this gamma radiation actually has a healing quality to it. It energises you in the most subtle and positive way. No one has ever complained that thier tawaaf made them feel tired, or less patient. Fact.

Let's now end on this one small fact. You have one leg longer than the other - your right leg is marginally longer than the left. So, if you was to be placed on a flat even field - and attempted to walk in a straight line, you would actually make a circle, and that circle would be made from right to left - counter clockwise - just as you make tawaaf around the Kaaba - but in a much larger circle. Did you know that?

Allah has bestowed favours upon us that even we haven't realized yet. He made us as positive beings, yet it is us who choose to go against ourselves when we become reliant on technologies which are bad for us.

"Which of ye Lords favours do ye (both) deny"... Subhaan Allah, the impact of this verse from the Holy Furqaan Quraan al Kareem, always takes my breath away...

Assalaam Alaikum

Scimitar

Ramadhan
08-15-2011, 04:35 AM
The Tawaaf around the Kaaba and the human footprint...

Ok, so when we make tawaaf around the kaaba - we do it Counter-Clockwise, but we are taught also that this momentum is known as "Anti" clockwise... a derogatory term making you think that moving this way is wrong - becaue it is Anti. However, let's look at the evidences here to ascertain that this is infact a lie... Millions of people make the Tawaaf around the Kaaba, and upon doing 7 tawaafs, when they leave they feel energised. Why? Because when you do the tawaaf, you are moving with the flow of POSITIVE ENERGY, and the low lever gamma radiation which has been detected by scientists and even NASA experts, claim that this gamma radiation actually has a healing quality to it. It energises you in the most subtle and positive way. No one has ever complained that thier tawaaf made them feel tired, or less patient. Fact.
When I was in the haram and watching people doing tawaf from the upper floors, it struck me immediately to notice how eerily similar the tawaf is with how planets orbit the star, and the stars orbit the centre of galaxy, and how electrons orbit the atom nucleus.

SFatima
08-15-2011, 07:38 AM
welcome back, interesting information...

Scimitar
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Alhamdulillah...

...We (the planets, the stars, the galaxies) were all made by HIS decree, unto a system designed by HE. We as humans are meant for great things...

Allah created us as positive beings, the flow of all and everything rejoices HIS name in the heavens, in the earth, and in all that is inbetween, and al that is under it - we rejoice HIS name. So we are created positive...

...SO uhm, what happened? If every leaf on every tree rejoices HIS name?
If every blade of grass rejoices HIS name
every breath of wind rejoices HIS name
every moving asteroid rejoices HIS name
every angel rejoices HIS name...

then uhm, what about us? what happened to us brothers and sisters? Did the Shaytaans deception envelope our minds so well that we turned away, not realizing that the subtlety of intent was a fitna that led us to become munaafiq?

Something to consider... 95% of those minor signs have already manifested... there are 10 BIG signs, fitnas awaiting to fall like beads from a neck chain... and when they do, we won't know whhich bead hit first, and which bead hit last - it will happen verty fast...

What about the One Eyed King? The one who will claim to be God? the False Messiah? I want you to type in "The Sacrifices Part 1 (The Dajjal Palace) on youtube and watch that video. It's only 8 minutes long but I think you will aprreciate the importance of the message being propagated in it. Please humour me.

Assalaam Alaikum

Scimitar

Scimitar
08-23-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm starting to find this site really frustrating now... 50 posts just so I can create a topic... this is too much. Wallahi.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good site, much like any reputable Islamic site, but uhm... 50 posts...

Rant over.

alhamdulilaah
08-23-2011, 10:15 AM
They are testing ur patience, how much patience u have to join the forum.

Scimitar
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Wallahi, I been a member since.... ? May...

alhamdulilaah
08-23-2011, 02:59 PM
InshAllah, u have only 10 posts to complete, and you will be a full member. Be patient.

Innocent Soul
08-23-2011, 03:53 PM
^ You became a full member really fast :skeleton:. We couldn't test your patience :hiding:.

Scimitar
08-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I'll uhm... wait til November then lol

Scimitar
08-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Slowly, i'm getting there, alhamdulillah.

GuestFellow
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
^ Three more to go! A question, what is London like? :/

Scimitar
08-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Assalaam Alaikum.

London. Concrete Jungle. Fitna City. Hedonistic by night, downright depressing by day. Lots of character (not in a good way, mind), heavily policed, can't fart without CCTV picking up on it, Lots of masonic references everywhere, designed to keep you impatient, not my kind of life. Claustraphobic.

But the Muslims make it worth it here. Our masjids are packed to the point of overspill, we have all colours, creeds and languages.

You thinking of coming down? (btw, thx for the question - two more to go now. Alhamdulillah)

Scimitar

Ramadhan
08-26-2011, 01:25 PM

2 more to go!

I think Tragic is closer to where you are than you realize.

Question: Hows it like in England?

GuestFellow
08-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Assalaam Alaikum.

London. Concrete Jungle. Fitna City. Hedonistic by night, downright depressing by day. Lots of character (not in a good way, mind), heavily policed, can't fart without CCTV picking up on it, Lots of masonic references everywhere, designed to keep you impatient, not my kind of life. Claustraphobic.
:wa:

LOL

But the Muslims make it worth it here. Our masjids are packed to the point of overspill, we have all colours, creeds and languages.

You thinking of coming down? (btw, thx for the question - two more to go now. Alhamdulillah)
No, I'm too busy. London sounds terrible lol.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

2 more to go!

I think Tragic is closer to where you are than you realize.

Question: Hows it like in England?
:wa:

England is a weird place. :skeleton:

Scimitar
08-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Seconded...

Though I do love the countryside, especially the Yorkshire dales. I love it in Dewsbury, as it's the air I was born breathing and therefore, somewhat familiar.

one more to go people. Thank you. (big smiles).

GuestFellow
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM
^ I like the Yorkshire accent lol. The Irish accent is my fav too.

Scimitar
08-27-2011, 03:39 AM
*says he loves the Yorkshire accent*... unfortunately, I got an east London accent.

Wooohoooo, the big 50. I'm official wahay (took long enough grumble grumble)

Scimitar

Scimitar
08-27-2011, 03:41 AM
RE: the accent, a sneak peak. LOL. I made the re-edit, but havent upladed it yet, and bear in mind that the voiceover is meant to be inserted into the documentary I am making. Part one is already on my youtube page, called The Sacrifices. do subscribe, it's very well researched and correlates with Islamic teachings. Alhamdulillah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dieNZ_0UX-o

Enjoy, at my expense hehe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!