/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How come people look so different in pictures?

Salahudeen
08-16-2011, 04:56 AM
I've noticed people in pictures compared to real life look very different, I've met brothers from on-line and I didn't recognise them because they looked like different people to their picture, and the same with me, I've been told I look like a diff person in real life compared to my pictures. :exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

because its weird, cameras sometimes make people look different, or because some people pose too much, posers...

Thats why some people rather meet someone in real life instead of 'picture-world'..or either gives one an idea of how the person looks..

aadil77
08-16-2011, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I've noticed people in pictures compared to real life look very different, I've met brothers from on-line and I didn't recognise them because they looked like different people to their picture, and the same with me, I've been told I look like a diff person in real life compared to my pictures. :exhausted
same here, I think its cause we're not very good at posing, Its cause some people can't hold a straight face when people are taking photos, only when someone takes a pic without them noticing :shade:

Muezzin
08-16-2011, 03:05 PM
It's because any pictures I post on the Internet are from Google Image Search.

Not really, I'm just joking.

...Or am I?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
08-16-2011, 03:36 PM
salam alaikkum

I wont answer the Q but can you tell us, which one looks better the picture or the person? lol just playing around Bro :P

Salahudeen
08-16-2011, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
same here, I think its cause we're not very good at posing, Its cause some people can't hold a straight face when people are taking photos, only when someone takes a pic without them noticing :shade:
lol I get a shock when I see a picture of myself :heated: and think "Do I really look like that :exhausted" because it seems so different to what I see in the mirror.

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
salam alaikkum

I wont answer the Q but can you tell us, which one looks better the picture or the person? lol just playing around Bro :P
Person is all ways better sis because nothing can beat the human eye. Pictures can be very deceiving.

aadil77
08-16-2011, 04:11 PM
lol I get a shock when I see a picture of myself :heated: and think "Do I really look like that :exhausted" because it seems so different to what I see in the mirror.
Lol don't worry about, i always end up makin stupid faces in pictures - be proud of yourself :p

Haya emaan
08-16-2011, 04:12 PM
pictures never speaks the truth..

Riana17
08-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Person is all ways better sis because nothing can beat the human eye. Pictures can be very deceiving.

Asalam Alaikkum, Im glad I didnt offend you so kind of you

Alhamdollelah bro, alhamdollelah, now we dont have a problem perhaps we need to use an upgraded camera or printer cartridge :D

Salahudeen
08-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Asalam Alaikkum, Im glad I didnt offend you so kind of you

Alhamdollelah bro, alhamdollelah, now we dont have a problem perhaps we need to use an upgraded camera or printer cartridge :D
My friend has a Canon camera that he bought for £950 and when he takes pictures with it, it looks like real life to me. But pictures with other camera's all ways look way diff to the real thing. So yeah the more expensive the camera the better the pictures.

Riana17
08-16-2011, 04:22 PM
My friend has a Canon camera that he bought for £950 and when he takes pictures with it, it looks like real life to me. But pictures with other camera's all ways look way diff to the real thing. So yeah the more expensive the camera the better the pictures.

Asalam Alaikkum
Alhamdollelah bro

You see how easy it is to solve a problem with IB team work? :D

Now get rid of that old camera and donate it to good looking people like me bwahahahahahaah , actually im opposite

Salahudeen
08-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Asalam Alaikkum
Alhamdollelah bro

You see how easy it is to solve a problem with IB team work? :D

Now get rid of that old camera and donate it to good looking people like me bwahahahahahaah , actually im opposite
lol do you know how much £900 is ??? it's a lot of money when you have no job and you're studying. I get 3 thousand a year so 900 is a lot of money for me. I will have to stay with the old camera for now.

Riana17
08-16-2011, 04:39 PM
lol do you know how much £900 is ??? it's a lot of money when you have no job and you're studying. I get 3 thousand a year so 900 is a lot of money for me. I will have to stay with the old camera for now.
Salam Alaikkum
Bro, I was just kidding, of course you should keep your things as you like

and as a Muslimah i dont take photos unless I need for ID or the like, we went for 30days vacation I have 2cameras but I only take for husband, I only had two shots with him.
Perhaps if Im not a Muslimah yet I would insist to take that cam lool, I was needing lots of photos before to be inline with online friends and post photos, whoa lots of dramas,:exhausted

Salahudeen
08-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Salam Alaikkum
Bro, I was just kidding, of course you should keep your things as you like

and as a Muslimah i dont take photos unless I need for ID or the like, we went for 30days vacation I have 2cameras but I only take for husband, I only had two shots with him.
Perhaps if Im not a Muslimah yet I would insist to take that cam lool, I was needing lots of photos before to be inline with online friends and post photos, whoa lots of dramas,:exhausted
lol I understand, pictures are nice way to remember people, on that note I think I will take some pictures of my family as I have none imsad

Riana17
08-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Salam Alaikum

I dont know bro, I am not against people taking photos, personally I dont like to take lots of photos, for some personal reason === I better keep it coz I dont like to discourage others about taking photos, okay well my reason is near to "why Muslims should not have photos on the wall or photos of Prophet Muhammad etc" well just like that, not too concise to tell you

Who Am I?
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
:sl:

I hate how I look in pictures. I look like a dork in most pictures. That's why you won't see many pictures of me anywhere. There are way more photos of my sister than me in my parents' house for that reason.

Ansariyah
08-16-2011, 07:53 PM
So long you look better in person than you do in your pictures you got nothing to worry about.:nervous:

Abz2000
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
you see a full dimensional image when you see them in real life since you have two eyes to see them from two different angles and your brain turns them into one image,
also when they move their face, your brain registers that also and holds that in your memory.

from a picture - it'll usually be one dimensional and it'll usually be the best one out of many and when the person is in a certain mood.

ardianto
08-17-2011, 03:21 PM
There were some cases which police arrested wrong persons because they looked like person in the suspect picture, while the suspects themselves looked different than the pictures.

جوري
08-17-2011, 06:11 PM
get a good quality camera.. anyhow pictures are one dimensional we see multidimensional in real life.. so people look flat in pix naturally ..

ardianto
08-17-2011, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
get a good quality camera
It will not works without a good photographer.

GuestFellow
08-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Salaam,

I look demonic in pictures, ugh, I look like a serial killer.

جوري
08-17-2011, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
It will not works without a good photographer.
true I took an elective photography course in under-grad everyone I snap a pic of comes out looking dreamy better than they do in real life lolol j/k

ardianto
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Have you seen pictures of serial killers ?. They look like good people, that's why they could kill and kill again without any suspicion from people around them.

zakahmed
08-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm no expert but in most cases I think its usually just down to the lighting , shadows and the angle of the camera.

flowergarden
08-17-2011, 09:56 PM
I've noticed people in pictures compared to real life look very different, I've met brothers from on-line and I didn't recognise them because they looked like different people to their picture, and the same with me, I've been told I look like a diff person in real life compared to my pictures.
Salaam Brother,
The reason people look different is because of the lighting. My hobby is photography and when I do different lighting the person I am taking a picture of looks different. Alot of things can make us look different in pictures, lighting, color, scenery, and even the type camera. A cell camera will really fuzz up a picture, but a professional camera will get the capture just right!

SafaAuditore
08-17-2011, 11:28 PM
idk which lies more... Pictures.........or the Mirror O.O

noorseeker
08-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Id love to see my self from everyones else point of view , not from a camera

I guess we will have to wait Till Inshallah we get to Jannah to make that wish

Who Am I?
08-18-2011, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

:sl:

My driver's license photo looks like a mug shot. I had a hat on and they made me take it off, so my hair is all messed up and I'm staring straight ahead trying not to blink. I think I look a bit like a crack addict.

The one before that I looked like a redneck with long hair and a beard.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!