/* */

PDA

View Full Version : water in nose when doing wudu and fasting

anonymous
08-16-2011, 01:23 PM
when doing wudu i put wet fingers in my nose to clean them when fasting -
what this what if you sniff the water left in you nose cos its still wet from putting wet fingers in there -

do you know how you normlly sniff your nose if you have the cld or something thats what i did

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
08-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Blowing water with your nose to clean the nose during wudoo does not invalidate fasting. But if you prefer to clean it using your wet finger it's fine too, and it does not invalidate your wudoo as well.

anonymous
08-16-2011, 04:03 PM
But after I put wet fingers in my nose I sniffed like normal sniffing. Could water have gone down my throat by doing this

Salahudeen
08-16-2011, 04:22 PM
I've noticed with myself water only goes down into my throat when I tilt my head back and sniff, if I sniff while my head is straight water doesn't go to my throat.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
08-16-2011, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
But after I put wet fingers in my nose I sniffed like normal sniffing. Could water have gone down my throat by doing this
You sniff and then you blow out the water. Yes, some water may have gone down your throat if you use a lot water and tilt your head back, but if you are not doing it so excessively then it should be ok Insha Allah.
Also, even if some water get into your throat, as long as you don't do it intentionally to drink to appease your thirst it should also be ok insha Allah.
As I said in my previous post, if you are really concerned that the water reaches your throat, then use little water to sniff and blow it out, or just use your fingers to wet the inside of your node and blow out the water.

And really, you should try to control your was was. I know it's hard, but try not to listen to it.

anonymous
08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
That's what,I did I only used wet fingers but didn't blow out afterwards. Would it still be possible for water to reach your throat with little water inside your nose if you sniff it up afterwards

Ramadhan
08-16-2011, 09:23 PM
That's what,I did I only used wet fingers but didn't blow out afterwards. Would it still be possible for water to reach your throat with little water inside your nose if you sniff it up afterwards
It is possible but very unlikely, and only you who would know/feel if the water reaches your throat. If you don't feel it, then it doesn't.

anonymous
08-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Sorry I'm just paranoid. How hard would you have to sniff for it to most likely reach your throat. What if you don't remember if you felt it in your throat. I don't think I did but can't be sure

Ramadhan
08-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Sorry I'm just paranoid. How hard would you have to sniff for it to most likely reach your throat. What if you don't remember if you felt it in your throat. I don't think I did but can't be sure
If you only put your wet fingers in your nose, it is NOT likely to reach your throat.
Even when I'm using a handful of water to sniff and blow, it doesn't reach my throat.
And if you don't remember, then it's ok. don't worry about it.
And even if it reaches your throat, it's ok too, because you don't intend to drink.

Hamza Asadullah
08-17-2011, 04:06 AM
when doing wudu i put wet fingers in my nose to clean them when fasting -
what this what if you sniff the water left in you nose cos its still wet from putting wet fingers in there -

do you know how you normlly sniff your nose if you have the cld or something thats what i did
Asalaamu Alaikum, whilst your fasting you should not go to extremes when putting water into nose and sniffing. You should ensure water does not reach deep into the nose so do not put your fingers deep into your nose whilst fasting to ensure no water goes down your throat. Just do it lightly when your fasting and only put fingers in your nose a little bit.

anonymous
08-17-2011, 09:48 AM
so how would you know that water has reached your throat - should you be able to feel the water slipping down your throart or do you assume that it has gone down because you sniffed it after

Hamza Asadullah
08-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Sis as I have already mentioned do not goto extremes in cleaning your nose whilst fasting. If you follow my advice in my last post then you have nothing to worry about.

anonymous
08-17-2011, 12:04 PM
so even if you delibratley sniff or swallow but still unsure weather water actually went down your throat - you ignore it or do you look at the most likely possiblility

i try not to go to extrememes but my paranio gets the best of me -

Ramadhan
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
so even if you delibratley sniff or swallow but still unsure weather water actually went down your throat - you ignore it or do you look at the most likely possiblility
If you don't feel the water going down your throat, it means it doesn't go down your throat. You will definitely notice if any liquid going down the throat especially when you are fasting.

Then you already know that your questions are only caused by your paranoia. You need to cure or control it first.

anonymous
08-19-2011, 07:07 AM
salaam

i only use wet fingers now to clean my nose and i also blow out after -
does the remaining wetness in your nose not matter then since you blew out one or should you be cleaning that with tissue too

Ramadhan
08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
ignore.

there lies your problem.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!