/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Playing Video Games is Haram?

User29123
08-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Salam

I came to this website and is it true its haram,

http://ebrahimsaifuddin.wordpress.co...ible-in-islam/

I mean I play videos game but have not forgotten Allah (SWT). And inappropriate content well its not like I do something bad or carry those actions out..its just fun

But if it is Haram then this means I can't choose game design or programming as my career? :heated:imsad:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
08-16-2011, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't take advice from sheikh Google. Playing video games isn't haram per se. As long as you play in moderation and stick to non violent games, I personally don't see a problem

aadil77
08-16-2011, 08:46 PM
if playing video games is haram, then just about anything fun is haram

User29123
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
What about developing games?

I mean I don't want to go to uni study game design and find out game design or programming is haram in my Religion waste of money...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
What about developing games?

I mean I don't want to go to uni study game design and find out game design or programming is haram in my Religion waste of money...
I wouldn't encourage anyone to become a game developer. In Islam, we are not allowed to draw pictures of living things, I would imagine you will need to do that when creating a game so I'd say stay well clear.

There are better career paths to choose

alcurad
08-16-2011, 09:45 PM
studying game design is just like learning how to write

if you really like it then go ahead
but consider other options first

it's not an easy job from what I've read

User29123
08-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Well its the only thing I can really do since I am good with computers, unless I get a B or C in maths I can move to something else.....Btw I was thinking of game programming that's writing code so nothing wrong there...but I will need a B for that

Mister Agenda
08-23-2011, 07:42 PM
That's an interesting question, although the code results in pictures, you are not actually drawing the picture yourself, but causing a machine to do it. That's probably not a meaningful distinction, but it is interesting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!