/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friends with Kufar?

User29123
08-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Salam

I was reading Quran in somewhere in Surah Al-Madia it said we should not be friends with Christians, Jews and non-believers? But I got a few friends Christian mostly...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
08-17-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/A...ef=IC0608-3072

ardianto
08-17-2011, 06:11 PM
:sl:

Translate "Awliyaa" into "Friends" is actually inaccurate because the accurate translation for "Awliyaa" is "Allies" (Wali = Ally). So, making an usual friendship with non-Muslim is actually permissible.

This topic had been asked to Indonesian Ulama many times, and the answer is : It's permissible to make friendship with non-Muslims as long as in frame of Muamalah (that not related to faith), in example, study together, business, lunch together, do sport together. But it's forbidden to make friendship with non-Muslim in frame of Ibadah (that related to faith) like pray together with non-Muslims.

Do you have Christian friends ? Me too. Even there are many Christians in my mommy big family.

Mister Agenda
08-23-2011, 07:34 PM
I am glad to hear that. I treasure my friendship with the Muslims I know. I think they appreciate that I never try to convert their children to anything. ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!