/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Potential Engagement?!? *Friend* I don't know what to do!?! HELP

flowergarden
08-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Asalaam Wa Alaikum,
Peace and blessing to you all!

I wanted to mention, if you already read this, I am sorry! I meant to write/post this on the family and society thread and mistakenly put it on the advice thread. As I think engagement is more family.... either way I hope someone can help! :)

Well, this is not about me it is about my Muslim sister, she is my best friend. Recently in April she knew of a guy threw her sister. They never properly got a chance to talk nor are they in touch with each other anymore. Her sister knows him, knows he is a good muslim, and a kind man. Now the delima starts, which is making me very stressed because I don't know how to help her.

So she wants to at least have the chance to see if this man would be interested in her, for a hopeful engagement. Her sister doesn't have much contact with him besides the Muslim Association emails from school (as my friend only knows him because her sister goes to school with the young man). Her sister talked with me recently that she doesn't want to talk to the man as she doesn't want him to think she likes him, nor does she want the man to think her sister is a easy catch (as in she wants him to find her). Anyways, so she (the sister) called the man's father whom is a doctor, she thought she would try to shadow him to get to know the family, and than go from there... the father said he cannot accept any more interns HOWEVER she (sister) must go to his office and meet her to get to know her.

So that was the plan and we all thought it would go from there.. But the sister later figured there wouldn't be any point and since than my friend has told me she thinks about it a lot, and once she saw him she felt this connection towards him- she explained it was not based on looks but more, and is interested in him and is keeping it Halal...

I do want to say, the man when he was together in school with her sister, the sister says whenever she would see him, she would also feel like there was a connection as if he was family (future) and as she says he would always give her a peaceful look.. i don't know how to explain it like her... but she explains she never saw her sister or any one (the one interesed in the man) ever look at anyone like that.. in a cute way

She did the Istikharah prayer a few days ago and the same night she had a dream.. I don't know if I should explain it? But it was a happy dream. One that she is hoping to come true!

Can Anyone give us advice? What do we do? How do we go about this? helping her with a man she is interested in? I really don't know what to tell her nor her sister? I don't want to tell her to go a way, and it be bad. I wish to gain help from you all.

Please help! Jazak Allah Khair for reading!
Allah bless you, and always give you the best!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!