/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Flower and The Pearl

sister herb
08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
One day a brilliant and beautiful flower with attractive colours met a pearl living in the far bottom of the sea who had none of these characteristics. They got to know each other.

The flower said: our family is large; many members, many species and one of them is the rose.

Each has a distinctive scent, appearance. Suddenly the flower seemed sad.

Why are you so sad, the pearl asked.

The flower replied: Human beings deal with us carelessly, they dont respect us; they grow us only to get pleasure from our fragance and beauty. They throw us on the street or in the garbage after we have lost our most valuable properties: brilliance and fragrance.

The flower sighed and said to the pearl: how do you feel about life buried here in the bottom of the sea?

The pearl answered: although I have none of your distinctive colours and sweet scents, humans think I am precious. They do the impossible just to obtain me, they go on long journeys, dive deep in the seas, searching for me.

You might be amazed to know that the deeper I lay, the more beautiful and brilliant I become... thats what increases my value in their thoughts...

I live in a thick shell isolated in the dark seas.

However I' m happy and proud to be in a safe zone far from mischievous or dangerous hands...

and still the humans consider me highly valuable.

Do you know what the flower and pearl symbolize???

Think... think and you will find.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SlaveOfGod
08-20-2011, 04:20 AM
I'm guessing the flower is women and the pearl is truth/faith? Idk the pearl is really bothering me now...

alhamdulilaah
08-20-2011, 04:33 AM
I think I know but what will I get when my answer is right? A prize to the right answer would be nice?

Well, pearl is a muslimah that covers herself properly as she is a protected pearl, while the flower is the woman who does not cover, thats the obvious difference.

sister herb
08-20-2011, 05:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alhamdulilaah
I think I know but what will I get when my answer is right? A prize to the right answer would be nice?

Well, pearl is a muslimah that covers herself properly as she is a protected pearl, while the flower is the woman who does not cover, thats the obvious difference.
Salam alaykum;

good answer. :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alhamdulilaah
08-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Asalamu-alaikum,

Sister Harb

Asiyah3
08-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Aww... Jazakiallahu khair for sharing. That's beautiful, and all praise is to Allah.

Muhaba
08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
it is really a beautiful anology.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!