/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Talking to yourself - Crazy?

zakahmed
08-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I've never noticed until my brother pointed it out but when I'm working I tend to talk through whatever problem I happen to be working on - as if someone else is in the room , I tend to find it easier to think that way. Does this sound like a bad habbit as its often something associated with crazy people?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
08-20-2011, 12:57 AM
salaam

I do that

peace

Innocent Soul
08-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah some people have that habit but it's not good. That's really dangerous :phew. We can talk to ourselves in our brain. Don't talk to yourself because if anyone hears you :skeleton:. I am not joking we should just avoid doing weird things :hmm:.

format_quote Originally Posted by zakahmed
Does this sound like a bad habbit as its often something associated with crazy people?
It's somewhat common but it doesn't mean that you are crazy but some people think so.

Muhaba
08-20-2011, 12:59 PM
i think that people will realize that you're thinking out loud and there's nothing wrong with that. many ppl think out loud and you can tell that that's what they are doing and not talking to themselves. like they may say: "hmm, now if i put this here..." etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
08-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Salaam,

I talk to myself when I'm working. It's normal.

M.I.A.
08-20-2011, 02:27 PM
talking to yourself does not make you crazy.
when yourself starts talking back, then you have a problem.

Strzelecki
08-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Some say it's the only way to find intelligent conversation.

I'm often inclined to agree with that.

Just_A_Girl13
08-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Salaam,

There's a difference between talking to yourself and talking to voices in your head :p I imagine a lot of people do that.

Peace

S.Belle
08-20-2011, 04:09 PM
i tend to do it as well
its not a bad habit its just how you like to work thru a problem
some people make a mental or written list and others work better by actually saying what they are doing to focus their thoughts

Abz2000
08-20-2011, 11:11 PM
same here, if i'm putting something together and i don't say certain things out loud, i tend to forget due to the gazillion things rushing through my head at the same time, and it also separates the non feasible solutions from the feasible ones, as many non working ideas can rush through your head, so i'd say it's a great way to remember the correct procedure, i'm sure you wouldn't call someone crazy for using a highlighter, well talking is like a highlighter for the brain, you tend to say less things than you think, so they are differentiated by your brain and pulled up more easily.
why do people use recording devices (voice memos)?
are they crazy because they might not be able to remember what they thought or is it because they like talking to machines?
the iphone has a voice memo recorder for all those "crazy" people, and i think everyone with an iphone has used it at some point in time, so you'd have to get a guesstimate of all the people with iphones and voice recorders, and you'll have an estimate of the minimum number of crazies around you.

again - i believe it's like a highlighter for the brain and a very useful habit to separate the weak thoughts from the strong thoughts,
many revolutionary scientists mumble all day in their study rooms and come out with amazing discoveries and appliances that we use every day.

whose there?
me, myself, and i

not to be confused with the trinity

Serendipity
08-20-2011, 11:26 PM
No its not crazy. Like someone said on this thread theres a difference in between having conversation with SOMEONE ELSE in your head and talking to yourself. But best not to do it in public.

GuestFellow
08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
There's a difference between talking to yourself and talking to voices in your head :p .
Salaam,

Me: What will it be, my precious?

Me: I think we want diet coca cola!

Me: No, we want coca cola classic!

Me: But we have to watch our calories if we want to lose weight!

Me: No! We love calories, we want all of them!

zakahmed
08-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Jazak Allah for all the responses, I guess I just have to be carefull in public places ;D

flowergarden
08-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Salaam!
No it is not crazy. I talk to myself when I study!
BUT they say it is not normal when you have a conversation with yourself... replaying or rehanging conversations to yourself constantly (it being the same thing over and over)

But if you are working on something and talking to yourself about what to do, where to go from there that is normal... at least I sure hope I do it and my doctor laughed at me when I asked me... (laughed in a your silly way)

But pshchologist say if your talking to yourself and ask a complex question and than answer it... that is not normal. But hey what's so fun with being normal ;D Kiddin'

But no worries you're okay !

ardianto
08-21-2011, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakahmed
Jazak Allah for all the responses, I guess I just have to be carefull in public places
Use your cellphone and people will assume you are talking with someone at there.

Ansariyah
08-22-2011, 02:44 PM
They are just being nice

You are Crazy :muddlehea

jk relaxx!:statisfie

Who Am I?
08-22-2011, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
Some say it's the only way to find intelligent conversation.

I'm often inclined to agree with that.
:sl:

That's what I always say whenever people point out that I am talking to myself.

Oddly enough, not many people point it out to me these days. Imagine that.

Abz2000
08-22-2011, 09:58 PM
the worst is them people at the bus stop with handsfree kits, everyone always cranes their neck to make sure there's an earpiece there - probably so they feel safe!

Salahudeen
08-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Nothing wrong with it, people who talk to themselves about how they're doing something are good at teaching it to others I think because they've gone over it so many times with themselves that they find it easy explaining it to other people.

جوري
08-24-2011, 03:43 AM
I do it all the time.. I even laugh out loud at my own funnies..

IslamicRevival
08-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Maybe, Maybe not

Scimitar
08-24-2011, 05:58 AM
If it worries you, stop.

The human condition is a very complicated one... maybe you should get a dictaphone and just leave it on record while you work away. Then, at the end of the day, play it back and see if you sound like a loon? or like a normal person just trying to rationalise his/her thoughts...

(btw, if you try this - you deffo got a problem, hehe)

Scimitar

GuestFellow
08-24-2011, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I do it all the time.. I even laugh out loud at my own funnies..
Salaam,

I do that too! =)

I sometimes laugh for no reason...well there is a reason but it is hard to explain. :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!