/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How is this possible?

Just_A_Girl13
08-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Asalaamu alaikum,

I was wondering, how is it possible for a person who does not have the mental capacity (i.e. they have some sort of condition) to believe in Islam to be saved from the Hellfire? I mean, logically, there would have to be some way, right? Obviously this is just a hypothetical situation, I was just curious. Can anybody clarify this for me?

Jazak Allahu Khair :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Aa’eyshah narrated that the Prophet said,'
The pen has been lifted from three:
The sleeper until he awakens;
the young child until he reaches puberty;
and the mentally ill until he comprehends.'
(sunan of tirmidhi; sunan of ibn maajah)

hope that was helpful,
peace

Salahudeen
08-20-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure I understand, are you enquiring about what happens to mentally ill people who have lost touch with reality? If so they are not held to account due to their mental illness.

Just_A_Girl13
08-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Salaam,

format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I'm not sure I understand, are you enquiring about what happens to mentally ill people who have lost touch with reality?
Yes, that's what I was asking. Jazak Allahu Khair :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
08-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Someone answer her.

Scimitar
08-24-2011, 02:35 AM
So it stands to reason that the mentally ill person is exempt from the recording of sin, until they gain a sense of normality again? correct?

noorseeker
08-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Then they no account to answer for. They will not know right from wrong,

In my experience a lot of muslim mental patients turn to religion, then they drift away, as i think its too much for them,

But they still have mental problems

It could be a blessing in disguise,

But May allah swt keeps our minds healthy , and make us look past the stigma that is mental health problems,

Ameen

Innocent Soul
08-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Sorry sis for the late reply. I came across this verse.

There is not upon the blind any guilt or upon the lame any guilt or upon the ill any guilt [for remaining behind]. And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger - He will admit him to gardens beneath which rivers flow; but whoever turns away - He will punish him with a painful punishment. (Surat Al-Fatĥ 48:17)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!