/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Me, Peeps (snakelegs)

MustafaMc
08-20-2011, 09:56 PM
For the LI Oldtimers who remember her, I ask that you remember Sister Eli in your du'a. She died September 8, 2008 during Ramadan. She was listed as agnostic, but I have been told by her friend she said her shahadah before dying.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
08-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Tragic, I don't think I was a member when this sister used to post here.InshAllah she accepted Islam

May Allah Azzawajal open the window of jannah for her and every single deceased Muslim. Ameen, Ameen

May Allah Azzawajal forgive us all and accept our good deeds in this blessed month. Ameen, Ameen

MustafaMc
08-21-2011, 03:28 AM
Ameen to your du'a, brother. I never read a single word that she ever wrote that could be understood as being negative toward Islam. She was a most dear friend to me and to many other members on LI.

Zafran
08-21-2011, 03:36 AM
salaam

way before my Time

May Allah swt give her the highest station in Jannah and forgive her sins

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
May Allah swt grant her the highest rank in Jannah and all of us Muslims ameen.

Perseveranze
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Subhanallah. May Allah(swt) accept her, this sister sounds really geniune.

Asiyah3
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
It made me so happy to read what you heard from her friend. I wasn't on LI when she was here, but I've read some of her posts and she seemed like a very sincere and sweet sister.

May Allah have mercy on her, and grant her and all Muslims Jannat al-Firdaws. May this also be a reminder of the Hour and Hereafter for us.

Dagless
08-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Ameen to the duas.

ardianto
08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I joined in IB after she passed away, but I have read some of her posts.

May Allah have mercy on her and grant her a beautiful place in jannah.

Amat Allah
08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon Rasool Allah ...May Allah have mercy on all Muslims from Jinn and Mankind, dead or alive from the begining of creation till the Day of Judgement and May He The Exalted reward us all with the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning and make us from the first group whom will enter it after the prphet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and May He The Most Merciful and The Most Compassionate; never prevent us from seeing His AlMighty Face ever...O Allah I am begging You by every single name and attribute You Have whether we knew them or were unknown to us O Allah Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon Rasool Allah...Ameeeeeeen

Tilmeez
08-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Subhanallah what a fine soul she was I remember taking her as a brother and she kindly told me that she was not a brother.
She was a soft and tender blow of morning air and yes I was here when she used to be here.

May Allah SWT accept her Shahada, erase her sins give her place in Janatul Firdos al Aala and increase her ranks. Aameen.

Hamza Asadullah
08-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Subhanallah what better time to die than in Ramadan.

May Allah give the sister the highest rank of Jannah and may Allah give us long lives and when our time is up then may he also cause us to die in the blessed month of Ramadan. Ameen

Alpha Dude
08-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Ameen to all of the above.

Yanal
08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
:sl:

Ameen to all du'as in this thread,may Allah give her many blessings.

Muslim Woman
08-22-2011, 11:42 PM
:sl:

thanks bro for the reminder . InshaAllah she died as a Muslim and was forgiven.

MustafaMc
08-23-2011, 01:26 AM
Ameen, to the du'as. Yes, insh'Allah she died as a Muslim, but only Allah (swt) knows what was truly in her heart. However, I believe that we can go by the testimony of her friend as to what is apparent and pray for her forgiveness. I understand that she was a very reclusive person and that she was pleased to have so many friends from this forum who cared for her.

Woodrow
08-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Ameen to the Duas

May it be true she left this Dunya as a Muslim and May allaah(swt) grant her Jannah.

She was often a cheerful heart here, may her kind heart bring her an abundance of Blessings in Jannah.

MuslimahBarb
08-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Ameen, I will keep her in my duas. She was a very special person that touched so many of our lives while she was here with us. Insha'Allah she did become Muslim before passing on.

sister herb
08-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Salam alaykum;

I remember her well and think her many times and make dua to her. As she was so positive person and kind to others, she is good to remember as example how we should treat others in this world; with a lot of understanding and respect.

I remember I cried when I heard that she has passed away... and I think I will start again when I read this thread. Thanks any way that she still lives on yours memories.

:cry:

May Allah be mercy to hers soul and grant her to Jannah.

SafaAuditore
08-23-2011, 06:45 PM
May allah have mercy on her, alhamdullillah she said the shahada before death <3
She was really funny, but i remember we were in the middleof a conversation when she died. We were talking about smoking lol, she was making me swear i'd never do it, and that even though she stopped twenty years ago, it still backfired on her =(
God bless. She was a good friend, and i miss her alottt :'(
I love u snakelegssss! <3

czgibson
08-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Greetings,

Hard to believe it's been nearly three years already. All of us who spoke with snakelegs on the forum remember what a positive person she was. RIP.

Peace

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I never got the chance to know who she was, coz I only joined this forum last year.... but why have I got this lump in my throat?

Inna lillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'oon.

Jedi_Mindset
02-03-2012, 04:37 PM
I never knew her, bcause i joined this forum just in september 2011. May Allah(SWT) accept her shahadah and may HE also forgive her sins and grant her the highest rank in jannah. Ameen.

Surely we belong to God and to HIM we shall return.... Inna lillahi wa'inna ilaihi raji'oon

Galaxy
02-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I may have not know her either but it's saddening to hear a sister pass away. I hope she died upon Islam and will keep her our du'as insha Allah

Riana17
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Ameen to all the Duaa

It's okay how we start, the Ending matters the most. Inshallah her Shahada was not late and may Allah (SWT) accept it & also forgive all her sins and grant her the highest rank in jannah. Ameen

Jedi_Mindset
02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Not very relating but still, my grandpa has cancer and the doctors said that he can't be cured anymore. If you know what i mean...my best wish for him is that he will revert to islam before he dies Insha'Allah. I need to make sure of that Insha'Allah. The only problem is that he lives quite far away, so can't visit him often :(

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 06:20 PM
When you visit him, play him some recitation of the Quran by a Qari who recites well - then ask him what he thought of it.

If he likes it, tell him what it is. Maybe something will "click" and insha-Allah, he may be ready to take shahadah.

They say that when death is impending, the clarity of internal vision is at its peak. Perception.

I will keep your Grandpa in my duas Bro Robin.

Scimi

Txyib
02-03-2012, 09:14 PM
SALAM
ameen may allah grant her to jannah and may allah grant us all to jannah ,grant us good in this world and the hereafter and protect us from the torments of the fire!
AMEEEN!
WASALAM

sister herb
02-04-2012, 01:09 AM
May Allah let us all live like her (snakelegs). Years after death people whose never met her still remember her influence and remember her in duas.

YusufNoor
02-04-2012, 02:06 AM
ameen to all the du'a

:statisfie

i miss her little leopard running! [or whatever it was]

rose17
02-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Ameen to all the duas

May Allah have mercy on her and grant her Jannat al-Firdows

Periwinkle18
02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
For the LI Oldtimers who remember her, I ask that you remember Sister Eli in your du'a. She died September 8, 2008 during Ramadan. She was listed as agnostic, but I have been told by her friend she said her shahadah before dying.
inna lillahe wa inna elayhe rajion :'( i was thinking abt her a few days back, i even remember her display pic the snake with the legs :(. may Allah (SWT) forgive all her sins and send her to jannah ameen.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2012, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
subhanALlaahi wa bihamdi, I HOPE TO SEE HER IN JANNAH

MustafaMc
02-04-2012, 06:21 PM
We know that only Allah (swt) knows a person's heart when they die and He is our Judge. I take it as a good sign that her friend wrote to me, "she often used La Illha etc. as a mantra when she was afraid" and "Yes she did say“la ilaha, illallah". She touched many people who never met her or even conversed with her. Amen (so be it), to all of the kind du'a offered for her.

UmmuShaheed
02-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Ameen to all the duas

May allah make us amongst those who die in the blessed month, at a blessed place, and in a blessed way
Ameen

~ Sabr ~
05-07-2012, 02:38 PM
:salamext:

Has anyone got the link to the thread where sister Eli's friend told us when she died?

Periwinkle18
05-07-2012, 02:39 PM
no i dun think so

- Qatada -
05-07-2012, 05:25 PM
:salamext: Wow amazing maa shaa' Allah.. I remember them days. O Allah accept her and us, ameen.

Periwinkle18
05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
^ ameen

MustafaMc
05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
:salamext:

Has anyone got the link to the thread where sister Eli's friend told us when she died?
The opening post of this thread states that she died on September 8, 2008.

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2012, 04:19 AM
No I remember there was another thread where her friend told us when she died and her last message to us

Periwinkle18
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
hmm all i remember is that her friend said tht she said her shahada before passing away... duno abt another thread

AhlaamBella
05-08-2012, 12:00 PM
SubhanAllah!!! Innalillaahi wa innailayhi rajioun :(

I remember her, subhanAllah.

sister herb
05-08-2012, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
No I remember there was another thread where her friend told us when she died and her last message to us
Yes that is correct but I think that thread merged to original thread or deleted. Even it too closed quite soon.

glo
05-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Snakelegs was a special person and became a good friend.
I hope and pray that she is in a good place now. I can't imagine that God would not love our sweet Snakelegs. :)

sister herb
05-25-2012, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Snakelegs was a special person and became a good friend.
I hope and pray that she is in a good place now. I can't imagine that God would not love our sweet Snakelegs. :)
Peace

as like you too is special person, dear Glo.

Your words are sweet and people remember you. And miss you if you are away.

May God/Allah keep you here with us long.

:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!