/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam can I please have advice

jeezy85
08-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Salaam everyone

I am struggling with life at the moment I
Feel very depressed and moving forward with life I havnt achieved anything.. I am in alot of debt.
Is this because I don't pray my namaaz? I struggle to keep my fast and missed a few because I do manual labour work?

I don't know why when it comes to praying I feel so lazy I really don't know why.

Overall I'm not a happy person and I think this is due to me not praying. I have committed sins on the past when I was young. Maybe this is a punishment?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-22-2011, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jeezy85
Salaam everyone

I am struggling with life at the moment I
Feel very depressed and moving forward with life I havnt achieved anything.. I am in alot of debt.
Is this because I don't pray my namaaz? I struggle to keep my fast and missed a few because I do manual labour work?

I don't know why when it comes to praying I feel so lazy I really don't know why.

Overall I'm not a happy person and I think this is due to me not praying. I have committed sins on the past when I was young. Maybe this is a punishment?
Asalaamu Alaikum, My brother what has happened in the past has gone. Yesterday will never come back so what is important is NOW.

You are feeling this way because it is our natural fitrah (inclination) to want to go towards Allah and fulfill our obligations to him. As long as you do not go towards Allah and do not fulfill the purpose of your life which is Salaah then you will continue on a downhill spiral.

So the first thing you must do is now learn from the past and internalise in your mind that you WILL establish prayers from now on. That you WILLmake the best of now. That you WILL do your Salaah no matter what.

How long does it take to do one Salaah? 5 minutes? If we calculate the whole days Salaah thats around half an hour. So half an hour of our day is spent on Salaah. Did you know that is just 3 % of our day! Subhaanallah and we still struggle with fulfilling this obligation.

My brother there are NO excuses for any of us to miss a single Salaah. We spend half an hour in front of the mirror so why cant half an hour be spent fulfilling the very purpose of our life.

Do we not owe anything to our creator that we should not make every effort to fulfill our obligations unto him?

Does he not give us food, drink when others are starving? Does he not clothe us when many have rags to wear? Does he not give us shelter when others have no homes or live in conditions worse than animals? Does he not give us wealth when others beg for pennys?

Did he not give you a job when many do not have one? Did he not give you a family when others have no one?

How unappreciative are we? We still complain even though we have such little to do in return for everything he has given us. There is NO doubt that we can NEVER return the favours Allah has done for us but at least we can fulfill our obligations unto him. At least we can be a little thankful each day by fulfilling our prayers ontime.

My brother you get tired when it comes to Salaah because shaythan knows it is your biggest obligation. He knows that if he prevents you from praying Salaah then you will be destroyed. He knows that it is preventing you from getting closer to Allah. He knows that by praying the Salaah your duas will be accepted.

So will you continue to let your enemy shaythan prevent you from getting closer to Allah? Will you continue to let him stop your dua's being accepted? Will you let him continue destroying you? Will you let him stop you from fulfilling the very purpose of yor life?

Get a hold of yourself now and go and make wudu and do 2 rakat nafil and repent and beg and cry unto Allah! Every night in the last ten nights are nights that Allah is merciful and forgives many. Everynight in the last ten nights are nights that Allah releases many from the fire of Hell.

Any of these nights particularly the odd numbered nights are nights where we can gain forgiveness of ALL OF OUR SINS PAST AND PRESENT!

Any one of these odd nights are nights where we can gain over 83 years of reward.

So do you really want to change your life forever? Do you really want to gain forgiveness of every sin past and present? Do you really want to fill that gap you have in your heart? Do you want to get closer to Allah and have the pleasure of seeing his face in Jannah?

Then go now and make 2 rakat Nafil and beg and cry to Allah for his mercy, forgiveness and help. Ask of him to bring you closer to him. Make a firm promise and commitment to Allah that you will NEVER abandon Salaah again but that you will fulfill your purpose in life from now on. Call upon him and He will NEVER abandon you! Walk towards him and he will RUN towards you.

So do sincere Worship of Allah in the the odd numbered nights of Ramadan: (21 is gone) 23, 25, 27 and 29.

These are the nights of mercy and forgiveness. These are the nights that we can be released from the Hell fire!

So stand in those nights in prayer hoping for reward and begging of Allah to forgive you of all of your past sins and you will have a lifetime of sins wiped out and over 83 years of reward in your hereafter bankaccount. Subhaanallah how generous is Allah? He is giving you an opportunity not to miss. He is giving you a chance to wipe your slate clean. To have an entire lifetimes sins wiped away so will you not grab this opportunity? It could be your last!

Now my brother you know what to do so waste not a second more for time is not on our side and ANY second could be our last!

If you need anymore help or advice then please do not hesitate to ask!

Salahudeen
08-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Sometimes you need sheer will power, I have times when I'm sitting so comfortably and getting up to pray feels like the hardest thing in the world, but you just have to push yourself and get up.

Maybe if we changed our attitude towards Salah and looked at it as something enjoyable and fun to do then we would find it easier, because some people have the wrong attitude before they even approach the Salah, they think to themselves its boring but if they had to get up and play XBOX or PS3 they jump because they've associated Xbox and PS3 with fun and enjoyment so they find it easy to get up for these things.

So maybe take pleasure in your Salah and look at it as doing something that is en joyful and fun to do so that you get excited when Salah time comes. You're not gonna want to pray if you think of salah as boring, start thinking of it as something fun to do, cos it is really, you get to talk with your creator and open your heart to him this is something very fulfilling and fun.

Once you have adopted the correct attitude to the salah concentrate on raising the quality of the salah, when you're praying remember that Allah is watching you and when you prostrate, imagine him watching you, I like to imagine I'm in Paradise prostrating in front of Allah this brings pleasure to me when I think of this in Salah so as a result I look forward to Salah even more.

Also slow down, don't read your salah really fast like a speeding train because then you won't feel any sweetness from it, read nice and slowly and contemplate on what you're reading, Whenever I read maliki yow mid deen I imagine the day of judgement and standing in front of Allah with my deeds and I think other stuff when I read the other words of the prayer.

That reminds me, learn the meaning of what you're reading then it will become more meaningful to you, you will feel like praising Allah with those beautiful words because you know what they mean. Pray the prayer like a man bidding farewell, imagine it's your final prayer and you're going to die before the next prayer comes this will make the prayer more meaningful to you.

Here is a link to a very good lecture on improving the quality of your prayer. There's 3 parts download them all inshaAllah.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/55dy5f...erson%20P1.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p39838...erson%20P2.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m2bj7q...erson%20P3.mp3

Also I forgot to mention try and lead an active life style, do exercise daily I've found this removes lazyness when it comes to Salah, when I started exercising for 45 mins every day I found it easier to read Salah.

ardianto
08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Assalamualaikum.

Brother Hamza Asadullah and brother Salahudeen have given you great advices. And I just want to add something.

It seem likes you have a disorganized life. You always give up to your desire like buy something that actually you don't need, and you always lazy to do something that you must do like salah. I guess you are too focus to today and not to tomorrow.

So, you must try to re-organize your life. Try to have a plan for tomorrow, try to life in discipline. Make a financial plan with your salary, with special budget to pay your debt. And whenever you want to buy something, ask yourself, do you really need or just want ?. Your debt is something that makes you feel unhappy and depressed.

Is not easy to re-organize your life and have a discipline, but if you have a strong intention, InshaAllah you can. Always make du'a wish Allah gives you an easiness to re-organize your life.

And how to get a happiness ?. With saying "Alhamdulillah". When you get your salary, always remember, many people don't have income. It's means you are still lucky, say Alhamdulillah for it. When you eat, always remember, many people are in hungry, it's means you are still lucky, say Alhamdulillah for it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!