/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Misread

ardianto
08-24-2011, 02:14 PM
:sl:

Several moments ago I opened Advice & Support section and I found a new thread with title "Closing Last Fate". I thought it's a thread about life, but after I opened that thread I saw that about sehri time. Then I read again the thread title and I realized the title is "Closing Fast Late".

This was not the first time I misread when I read something. Sometime it happened when I read news or article titles. I don't know why ? is it means I have bad concentration ? or my eyes and my brain have bad co-ordination ? and did you ever misread too ?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-03-2011, 02:12 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

i am not completely aware of if its bad concentration..but it can be sometimes due to this reason..
But sometimes it takes a first glance to misread something, so to make sure you re-read carefully...maybe its because 'fate' and 'last' are words that look slightly similar..

I believe it happens with everyone, there were couple of times i mis-read some title's wrong, they're put together in such a way, the eyes get you confused up i think

Allaahu Alam

I hope someone can give you a better reply.

جوري
09-04-2011, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Several moments ago I opened Advice & Support section and I found a new thread with title "Closing Last Fate". I thought it's a thread about life, but after I opened that thread I saw that about sehri time. Then I read again the thread title and I realized the title is "Closing Fast Late".

This was not the first time I misread when I read something. Sometime it happened when I read news or article titles. I don't know why ? is it means I have bad concentration ? or my eyes and my brain have bad co-ordination ? and did you ever misread too ?.
happens to everyone and it is because your brain picks up the first one or two letters and forms a word, fills in the blank and completes a picture before your eye can correct it for your brains.. happens more when you've strained your muscles focusing on a computer screen all day..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Salahudeen
09-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah it happens to everyone bro

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
09-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Alhamdulillah, I am still normal. :)

gladTidings
09-06-2011, 04:10 PM
I think to varying degrees everyone experiences it, I myself, often misread and was told its related to my dyslexia. I also often write words in the wrong order since apparently my brain is faster than my speed of writing, then I have to go back to fill in the gaps. I struggled writing notes in lectures and often missed the most important bits of information.

Salahudeen
09-06-2011, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
I think to varying degrees everyone experiences it, I myself, often misread and was told its related to my dyslexia. I also often write words in the wrong order since apparently my brain is faster than my speed of writing, then I have to go back to fill in the gaps. I struggled writing notes in lectures and often missed the most important bits of information.
That happens when I talk, my words come out in the wrong order :hmm: I haven't been diagnosed with anything though.

Ghazalah
09-06-2011, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
I'm exactly the same. I get mixed up with numbers too. :hiding:

Salahudeen
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I'm exactly the same. I get mixed up with numbers too. :hiding:
Numbers are a nightmare :heated:

sohail1234
03-20-2013, 07:32 AM
assalam o alikum
yeah! it happens sometime, when you are not working with full concentration, but you don't need to worry about it, it is not a big problem, if you are conscious about it then try to recite Quran as much as you can....

Ahmed222
04-05-2013, 03:19 AM
I myself, often misinterpret and was informed its relevant to my dyslexia. I also often create terms in the incorrect purchase since obviously my mind is quicker than my rate of composing, then I have to go back again to complete the holes.

ardianto
01-28-2019, 10:57 PM
It's happened again.

There is a thread that the OP wrote "teenagers", but I read that as "daughters".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!