/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In desperate need of help- waswas and OCD issues.

Islamis4ever
08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
As salaamwa'alaikum*
I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't handle this. I have OCD and waswas problems and I just can't do anything anymore. I feel trapped in Islam and I feel I cannot do anything else. Please someone help me. I am very sorry for such a long post but I needed to explain everything. Let me relate to you my problems:

Making Wudhu:
I have a serious issue with making wudu and it I most time consuming. I start off my going into the bathroom and then washing my hands with soap. After washing with soap (which takes about 3 mins because of my OCD problem) I start to make my wudu intention. I do it my thinking of each individual word in my head. I think "O' Allah ta'ala, my Fard wudhu I making for you now". I think of each individual word in my head and it takes me about 4mins. Then I say "bismillahi walhamdulilah" with no words coming out of my mouth. I then start making my wudu. I will start by washing my face but I wash each an every detail of my face from eyebrows downwards, then nose, then eyes and above eyes, then forehead, then my hairline, then inside the hairline, then chin and below. My face alone takes me about 5 *mins. Then I wash my arms and head and feet and the feet also take me about 5 mins. Overall every time I make wudu I take about 20-35 mins in the bathroom. I don't know how to fix this and I really need help. How I the intention meant to be made? How the face and feet meant to be washed? Please help me

Salaah:*
In salaah I have a problem once again with my intention, stating every word and picturing it in my head which take about 5 mins. Then I have a problem with my takbeer. *I just keep thinking that I'm reading it wrong and I repeat it over and over and over until I'm satisfied. Please can someone tell me what to do here.

Reading Qur'aan
I just can't seem to get the Audhubillahiminashaythaanirajeem and bismillahirahmaniraheem right. It's lol my takbeer and I keep repeating it over and over again thinking that if read wrong. It also applies while reading the Qur'aan, I get doubts that I read an ayaat correctly and then I keep repeating it and every page takes me about 4 mins atleast.

Please could someone help me especially with my wudu I just want it back the way it used to be and I want to be able to enjoy islam and be normal. Once again sorry for the long post and please no one say things like I must consult a psychiatrist or molana please just give me help

Jazakallah
Islamis4ever

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
08-26-2011, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamis4ever
Please could someone help me especially with my wudu I just want it back the way it used to be and I want to be able to enjoy islam and be normal. Once again sorry for the long post and please no one say things like I must consult a psychiatrist or molana please just give me help
:sl:

Judging by the severity of your problem, I think people would advise you to do the thing that you don't want to do: go and seek clinical help from psychiatrist and mental/religious help from a syaikh. In the meantime, do not forget to keep making du'a to Allah SWT to cure you from your problem, as Allah is The Curer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!