/* */

PDA

View Full Version : waswas when it comes to giving charity

anonymous
08-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Whenever I try to donate in charity I get doubts that it won't reach the people who really need it and it won't be used in charity, and this stops me from donating, I wish there was a way I could see if it really goes to the needy people imsad My problem is I doubt the people who are collecting when I see them driving around in expensive cars and new clothes all the time, it makes me wonder if my money is really going to charity or not. I think the only way is to find poor people myself and give them the money. Is there anyway organisation or body that monitors charities and makes sure they use donations for those people who really need it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-28-2011, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Whenever I try to donate in charity I get doubts that it won't reach the people who really need it and it won't be used in charity, and this stops me from donating, I wish there was a way I could see if it really goes to the needy people imsad My problem is I doubt the people who are collecting when I see them driving around in expensive cars and new clothes all the time, it makes me wonder if my money is really going to charity or not. I think the only way is to find poor people myself and give them the money. Is there anyway organisation or body that monitors charities and makes sure they use donations for those people who really need it?
Asalaamu Alaikum, firstly our intentions should be first and foremost that we are giving in charity for the pleasure of Allah. Secondly our intentions should then be that we want our charity to benefit the needy. Whether it benefits the needy or not Allah looks at our intentions. If our intentions are not right then we will gain little or no reward. If our intentions was to give to charity to please Allah and get closer to him then we will get what we intended. Then whether our money goes to the needy or not we will still gain FULL reward and it maybe that Allah does benefit the poor in someway because of our charity even if it did not reach them.

Charity is one of the best ways of getting closer to Allah. If we want to attain piety and righteousness then it cannot be done without giving for the pleasure of Allah. Allah says in the Qur'an:

"You cannot attain to righteousness unless you spend (in charity) out of what you love." (Quran 3:92)

This is the month of charity and The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) who was the most generous of people was even more generous in Ramadan. So we must do our utmost to given as MUCH as we possibley can. There are still 2 days left.

You must NEVER let shaythan stop you from giving in charity for he knows that he is stopping you from gaining abundant rewards as well as closeness to Allah. It does not matter who you give your charity to because either way Allah looks at your intentions.

You should give your charity directly to local Masjids or to the big Islamic charities like Islamic Relief and Ummah welfare Trust who are very trustworthy charities and do so much good work for the poor and needy. They also give regular feedback and updates on where and how the money is being spent.

I personally give to Ummah Welfare Trust as they have a 100% donation policy meaning that not a penny goes towards Administration costs but ALL goes to the poor and needy. They have many projects running. Here is the link:

http://www.uwt.org/site/default.asp

You should find any good charity in your area or on the internet and donate as much as you can before Ramadan ends and donate throughout the year regularly every month. Do NOT let shaythan stop you from giving in charity ever again because Allah ONLY looks at intention and Shaythan is stopping you from doing something that will make you closer to Allah.

So we must give as much as we can and know one thing: CHARITY DOES NOT DECREASE WEALTH BUT ACTUALLY INCREASES WEALTH!

Many of the early Salaf (pious predecessors) used to give in charity just to increase their wealth. If they were struggling financially then they gavve in charirty and used to gain so much more in return and from places they never imagined. Allah opens doors!

So even if we are financially struggling and we want to gain wealth then we should give more in charity!

REMEMBER: The money we have is NOT ours. It is given to us by Allah and we are only giving back what is his. Just by giving for his pleasure what is actually his we will gain rewards in this world and the next as well as more wealth in this world as well as his pleasure. Subhanallah!

So waste no time and give what you can for the pleasure of Allah and know that your wealth will NEVER decrease but acutally increase. The continue to give throughout the year and you will see the financial benefits.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!