/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eid day in your country

ardianto
08-29-2011, 02:28 PM
:sl:

A hour ago after Isbat metting, Indonesian government set Eid day falls in wednesday, August 31, 2011. Delayed one day from early prediction. However, Muhammadiyah, the second biggest Muslim organization in Indonesia set Eid day falls in tuesday, August 30, 2011. Same like early prediction.

So, after in several years Muslims in Indonesia celebrated Eid in the same day, this year Indonesia has two different Eid days again.

And how about in your country ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Many Muslims here feeling disappointed at having to postpone the celebration of Eid one more day. ;D

My wife too, she begged me to celebrate eid tomorrow, just like Muhammadiyah, but I told her to follow the government, celebrate Eid at wednesday.

ardianto
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I read in another thread, brother Ramadhan will celebrate Eid tomorrow. But I will celebrate Eid in wednesday.

This is a good example, how Muslims can accept different opinion.

Ramadhan
08-29-2011, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
My wife too, she begged me to celebrate eid tomorrow, just like Muhammadiyah, but I told her to follow the government, celebrate Eid at wednesday.
alhamdulillah, all my extended family are in agreement to follow Muhammadiyah's decision :statisfie

This is a good example, how Muslims can accept different opinion.
Yes, the thing about Indonesia is because we are a very large country, a country stretching more than 5,000 kms in length, so some people may have already seen the new moon (as in Muhammadiyah cases), while some others have not (as in the government and others).
The past few years were a blessing because there was "only one eid day".

And tomorrow after shalah eid I can gorge on my mum's opor ayam, kikil sapi, lontong, sambel goreng ati, sate ponorogo :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gladTidings
08-29-2011, 04:15 PM
...but shouldn't you wait for a sighting and not base it on predictions?

I am hoping we have one Eid in the UK this year=)

http://www.moonsighting.com/1432shw.html

~Raindrop~
08-29-2011, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
I am hoping we have one Eid in the UK this year=)
same here =/ wish everybody could agree on this issue! It'd be nice to have Eid together for once.

ardianto
08-29-2011, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
And tomorrow after shalah eid I can gorge on my mum's opor ayam, kikil sapi, lontong, sambel goreng ati, sate ponorogo
And I will eat ketupat, opor and sambel goreng in sehri. :D

Around 8 PM my cousin visited my house, he told me he will celebrate Eid tomorrow. He married a Muhammadiyah sister from Jogja. Now, I am still waiting for my sister who will stay in my house for next few days. Probably she will celebrate Eid tomorrow too because she married a Jogja guy who follow Muhammadiyah.

ardianto
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
...but shouldn't you wait for a sighting and not base it on predictions?
There are two method to definite when will 1st shawal comes.

First, with Hisab, an astronomical calculation. Muslims who celebrate Eid tomorrow use this method.

Second, with Ru'yat, moon sighting. Ministries of religion affair in BIM (Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia) area use this method to set Eid will be held in August 31.

Haya emaan
08-29-2011, 04:55 PM
todays was 28th ramadan here and its night of 29 now... so still dont know eid will be on 31st or 1st...

BintAbee
08-29-2011, 05:00 PM
:sl:

Eid in Saudi tomorrow..Still waiting for the official announcement in South Africa... we still searching for the moon....

:w:

BintAbee
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Official announcement in South Africa: We'll be completing 30 days of Ramadhaan. Eid will be on Wednesday in sha Allah.

ardianto
08-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Now, I am still waiting for my sister who will stay in my house for next few days. Probably she will celebrate Eid tomorrow too because she married a Jogja guy who follow Muhammadiyah.
She's coming !

Like I have guessed, she will celebrate Eid tomorrow, follow her husband. So, tomorrow an unique event will happen in my house, my family still fasting, my sister and her husband celebrate Eid. :D

By the way, this is another good example how Muslim wife obey her husband.

ardianto
08-29-2011, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Why is the Muhammadiyah group doing it differently? Just to be different?
Muhammadiyah is known as "Muslim Reformist" group that established by Kyai Haji Ahmad Dahlan in 1918 to implement "Islamic Reformation Thought" from Shaykh Rashid Rida, also Shaykh Muhammad Abduh and Shaykh Jalauddin Al-Afghani. But actually Muhammadiyah thought is also based on Islamic thought from Shaykh Ibn Taymiah.

Muhammadiyah declare themselves do not follow any madhab. Different than majority of Indonesian Muslims who follow Shafi'i madhab.

Abz2000
08-29-2011, 07:36 PM
we're doing it tomorrow (tuesday) here in the uk, also the gujrati and indian families opposite to us said eid mubarak when i went out, so great!

since some countries may sight the moon before saudi arabia - i still don't get why we don't all follow the first country to sight the new moon so as to have a united celebration,
let's do that next time, does it make sense?

aadil77
08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
OFFICIAL 1st Day of Shawwal in Different Countries

August 30, 2011 (Tuesday):

1. China (Local sighting that we believe erroneous)
  2. Jordan (Follow Saudi)
  3. Kazakhstan (Follow Saudi)
  4. Kuwait (Follow Saudi)
  5. Kyrgyzstan (Follow Saudi)
  6. Lebanon (Follow Saudi)
  7. Libya (Calculations)
  8. Luxembourg (Follow Saudi)
  9. Malaysia (Calculations)
  10. Netherlands (Follow Saudi)
  11. Palestine (Follow Saudi)
  12. Philippines (Follow Saudi)
  13. Qatar (Follow Saudi)
  14. Saudi Arabia (sighting - Official Announcement)
  15. Sudan (Follow Saudi)
  16. Sweden (Follow Saudi)
  17. Syria (Follow Saudi)
  18. UAE (Follow Saudi)
  19. Tadjikistan (Follow Saudi)
  20. Taiwan (Follow Saudi)
  21. Turkmenistan (Follow Saudi)
  22. USA (Calculations) [FCNA, ISNA]
  23. Uzbekistan (Follow Saudi)
  24. Yemen (Follow Saudi)

20 out of 24 follow saudi :hmm: And out of the rest, china's 'sighting' was declared erroneous. USA Libya and Malaysia based it on calculations. None except Saudi based it on local sighting(tho it wasn't possible to sight the moon with naked eye there too). Sad.
what about the rest of the muslim countries?

sister herb
08-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Salam alaykum;

in here tomorrow. Also I found this new:

Published today 19:37 BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) -- Palestinian Mufti Sheikh Muhammad Hussein has announced that Tuesday is the first day of the Eid Al-Fitr holiday and congratulated all Palestinians and Muslims.

Source: http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=416926

FS123
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Eid is 2moro here - UAE

IslamicRevival
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Eid Wednesday InshAllah :) Its a shame we, as ONE Ummah cannot do Eid on the same day but its the way it goes i guess

Eid Mubarak in Advance everyone

Dagless
08-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Eid Mubarak! We're doing it tomorrow but I know some others in the UK are doing it on Wednesday.

FS123
08-29-2011, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Eid Wednesday InshAllah :) Its a shame we, as ONE Ummah cannot do Eid on the same day but its the way it goes i guess

Eid Mubarak in Advance everyone
Doesn't matter, there is a blessing in diversity; main thing is a the attitude. Eid Mubarak brothers and sisters! :beard:

ardianto
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM

:D

Scimitar
08-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Assalaam Alaikum and Eid Mubarak...

Most Londoners are celebrating today. Some on Wednesday.

Scimitar

noorseeker
08-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Just over an hour till Eid Jammat

Feels weird eating this time of the morning

Amat Allah
08-30-2011, 06:22 AM

aadil77
08-30-2011, 09:35 AM

;d;d;d;d;d;d;d

ardianto
08-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Indonesian Muslims are familiar with two different Eid days, but this year they have special experience because many Indonesian Muslims must re-scheduling takbir, salat-ul Eid, and Eid celebration in the last few hours.

There are two most influence Muslim organizations in Indonesia. First is Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) the Shafi'i madhab organization that known as the bigest Muslim organization. The second is Muhammadiyah, the non madhab organization that known as the second biggest.

Both organizations use different method to definite when will 1st ramadhan and 1st shawal comes. NU follow Shafi'i fiqh that require moon sighting that observed in own region. While Muhammadiyah could use astronomical calculation or follow the result of moon sighting in other regions.

Late of July 2011, both organizations announced the 1st ramadhan came in 1 August. People felt sure the 1st shawal would comes on 30 August such Muhammadiyah prediction because from previous experiences, when NU and Muhammadiyah started ramadhan in the same day, they would celebrate Eid in the same day too. So, people made schedule to celebrate Eid in 30th August.

In the last week, many masjid placed banner that announced salat-ul Eid on 30 August. On 29 August, women were cooking food for Eid celebration in next day, brother had prepare themselves to do takbir, youths started their preparation for takbir rally in the evening. But suddenly, observers in many observation posts reported "We didn't see hilal !". So, in the afternoon ulama from NU announced, maybe Eid will falls 31th August, and people should wait for result of Isbat meeting at 8PM or 9PM.

There were 'chaos' in everywhere. Women felt disappointed because they had cooked foods for Eid celebration, brothers were staying in masjids while wait a decision to do takbir or not to do takbir, youths who were ready for takbir rally started to angry.

Finally, NU and other supporter organization definite Eid would falls on 31 August, while Muhammadiyah still in their decision to celebrate Eid on 30th August. And around 8.30PM government announced the official Eid celebration would be held on 31 August according to voice of majority, but those who follow Muhammadiyah can celebrate Eid on 30 August.

Although many people actually felt disappointed, they obey government to add fasting one more day and postpone Eid celebration.

Maybe it will became the unforgettable ramadhan for many Indonesian Muslims. And frankly, my cousin who visited my house last night laughed when he heard I must wait official announcement about Eid day.

gladTidings
08-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Eid Mubarak =)

Our family across the world:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gall...411670&index=0

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gall...555889&index=0

Beautiful.

Haya emaan
08-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Pakistanis celebrating eid tomorrow..:)

Tilmeez
08-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Tomorrow, Inshallah. :)

Ramadhan
08-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Why is the Muhammadiyah group doing it differently? Just to be different?
umm no, in most years, Muhammadiya are always in sync with the government. But Muhammadiyya also have their own resources to observe when the new moon is sighted.
Muhammadiya does their hisab and rukyat, stemming from distrust of the government. You see, Muhammadiyah predated Indonesia (as a country) and often viewed the government as not Islamic, and hence feeling of distrust. The method done by Muhammadiya is most definitely based on syar'i, as Muhammadiyah (as explained also by br, Ardianto) were reformist and can be likened to Muhammad ibn. Abdul Wahhab in Saudi, in the way that founders of Muhammadiyyah tried to get Indonesia more Islamic according to syar'i and rid from practices that are definitely non or anti Islamic.
Muhammadiyah are very active in social endeavours, and has schools from kindergarten to universities in many areas, hospitals, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!