/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to say this?

Moneeb
08-30-2011, 09:06 PM
I was thinking. Is it haram to say the word [dang]? I wanna know and is it haram to say the other word besides donkey. I mean someone told me that these words were in the Quran meaning and he showed it to me. I am just not sure. Is it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-31-2011, 01:58 PM
:sl:

I don't really understand what you are talking about. But if you ask about speaking rude words,....... brother, always guard your tongue from speaking rude or inappropriate words even when you are angry.

Moneeb
08-31-2011, 03:58 PM
I mean, the word that is similar to dang but more adult kind. Is it haram to say that

marwen
08-31-2011, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moneeb
I was thinking. Is it haram to say the word [dang]? I wanna know and is it haram to say the other word besides donkey. I mean someone told me that these words were in the Quran meaning and he showed it to me. I am just not sure. Is it?
I agree with what brother ardianto said. We should keep away from every word that doesn't seem "clean", even if it's used in a positive way in some contexts(litterature, holy books). Over time, some words become overloaded (get extra/multiple meanings) and some other words completely change the meaning.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Assalam Alekum My Respected Brother.

According to my personal understanding,no word is haram to say or use in your discussion while you are trying to understand the matter but talking bluntly,calling names and using inappropriate words in your daily use language is one of the great sins.But if you just want to know what is the thing mentioned in Quran,you can use them and Allah SWT knows what is hidden in our hearts.
Some people think that saying Pig or Khanzeer is haram and cause your tounge dirty and Allah SWT do not accept your prayers for 40 days.This is all rubbish.The most honorable book Quran says this word several times and its meant and all parts of its body are haram,not just saying Khinzeer hurt your iman.Hope it helps.

Moneeb
08-31-2011, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Assalam Alekum My Respected Brother.

According to my personal understanding,no word is haram to say or use in your discussion while you are trying to understand the matter but talking bluntly,calling names and using inappropriate words in your daily use language is one of the great sins.But if you just want to know what is the thing mentioned in Quran,you can use them and Allah SWT knows what is hidden in our hearts.
Some people think that saying Pig or Khanzeer is haram and cause your tounge dirty and Allah SWT do not accept your prayers for 40 days.This is all rubbish.The most honorable book Quran says this word several times and its meant and all parts of its body are haram,not just saying Khinzeer hurt your iman.Hope it helps.

Thank you brother
I was watching a show and it said that word and I wanna see if it is or not

Insaanah
08-31-2011, 09:44 PM
I mean, the word that is similar to dang but more adult kind. Is it haram to say that
That word is an obscenity, a profanity, and we are not allowed to utter such foul and filthy talk from our mouths. We will be questioned as to how we used our faculties, including our mouths, on the Day of Judgement.

We are commanded by Allah to speak good words, and to speak the truth, and He tells us that shaytan is the one who commands to obscenities, and wants us to commit them, whether that be in the words we say or the actions we do:

Dr. Ghali
O you who have believed, do not ever follow the steps of Ash-Shaytan, (The ever-vicious, i.e., the Devil) and whoever ever follows the steps of Ash-Shaytan, then surely he commands obscenity and malfeasance. And had it not been for the Grace of Allah upon you and His mercy, in no way would any of you have been cleansed at all; but Allah cleanses whomever He decides, and Allah is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing. (24:21)

Dr. Ghali
Ash-shaytan (The all-vicious, the Devil) promises you poverty and commands you to obscenity; and Allah promises you forgiveness from Him, and Grace; and Allah is Ever-Embracing Ever-Knowing. (2:268)

Pickthall
He (Shaytaan) enjoins upon you only the evil and the foul, and that you should tell concerning Allah that which you know not. (2:169)

Dr. Ghali
O you who have believed, be pious to Allah, and speak befitting words. (Literally: say a befitting saying) (33:70)

Do we follow Allah or shaytan? I think you have your answer there.

Moneeb
09-01-2011, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

That word is an obscenity, a profanity, and we are not allowed to utter such foul and filthy talk from our mouths. We will be questioned as to how we used our faculties, including our mouths, on the Day of Judgement.

We are commanded by Allah to speak good words, and to speak the truth, and He tells us that shaytan is the one who commands to obscenities, and wants us to commit them, whether that be in the words we say or the actions we do:

Dr. Ghali
O you who have believed, do not ever follow the steps of Ash-Shaytan, (The ever-vicious, i.e., the Devil) and whoever ever follows the steps of Ash-Shaytan, then surely he commands obscenity and malfeasance. And had it not been for the Grace of Allah upon you and His mercy, in no way would any of you have been cleansed at all; but Allah cleanses whomever He decides, and Allah is Ever-Hearing, Ever-Knowing. (24:21)

Dr. Ghali
Ash-shaytan (The all-vicious, the Devil) promises you poverty and commands you to obscenity; and Allah promises you forgiveness from Him, and Grace; and Allah is Ever-Embracing Ever-Knowing. (2:268)

Pickthall
He (Shaytaan) enjoins upon you only the evil and the foul, and that you should tell concerning Allah that which you know not. (2:169)

Dr. Ghali
O you who have believed, be pious to Allah, and speak befitting words. (Literally: say a befitting saying) (33:70)

Do we follow Allah or shaytan? I think you have your answer there.

I follow Allah. If I had follow Shaytan, I would never make this thread.
I ask for help because I was watching a show and it said that and it concerned me if I should keep watching it

ardianto
09-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Type : d a m n a t i o n (without any space) in google.

I was watching a show and it said that word and I wanna see if it is or not
What show ? Hollywood movies ?

Sometime I found the actors said a word that similar to dang but more adult kind like "I hate this f*****g car !. Is it the word that you mean ?

Moneeb
09-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I think so....

Tyrion
09-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Words are words. If you use them to be vulgar or rude, then they can become haram. Words themselves can't really be haram on their own though, right? It's only what you do with them. I know some people will just make a blanket statement and say "all words that are such and such are haram", but this is my view... As for dang... Of course it's not haram. It's not even considered a curse word in English...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!