/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Islam

Crystal
09-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Hello all,

My name is Catherine and I am 19 years old. I was raised in the Catholic way of life but I no longer identify myself as a Catholic. I believe in God at the moment and I don't identify myself with any religious branch however I have been studying Islamic scripture for the past year now and I am really interested in Islam. I would say that I have a decent knowledge of Islam and I recently read all of the quran in the month of Ramadan. I think that Islam may be for me but I am still unsure with a few things. I can definitely identify with the concept of God in Islam and a lot of other things in the quran but some things I am not sure about.

I have come here with the hope of getting answers to some of the questions I have in relation to Islam so I hope that Muslims here can help me.

May God bless you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Greetings of peace!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

I hope that you enjoy your stay here and benefit yourself insha'Allaah-God willingly

Any Questions you have, please feel free to ask and the members here will try their best to help you..

I hope that you find the answers to what you are looking for and may it be of benefit to you.

I can say for surety, i recieved all my answers perfectly alhamdulilaah-all praise is due to Allaah.

There have been individuals on this forum who have been in your position and hopefully they can share their experience..

Endymion
09-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Hello and peace be on you Respected sister Crystal.

1400 years before Allah SWT sent down a messege for you,here it is.

82. Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

If Allah SWT wills,you will found out the light.And we are all here to help if you want to understand the book of Wisdom.This book have some really important messages for you and you must read and understand them.
May the help and Mercy of Allah SWT be with you always.Amen.

Welcome to the forum and may you'll have a illuminating stay here :)

YusufNoor
09-03-2011, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
Hello all,

My name is Catherine and I am 19 years old. I was raised in the Catholic way of life but I no longer identify myself as a Catholic. I believe in God at the moment and I don't identify myself with any religious branch however I have been studying Islamic scripture for the past year now and I am really interested in Islam. I would say that I have a decent knowledge of Islam and I recently read all of the quran in the month of Ramadan. I think that Islam may be for me but I am still unsure with a few things. I can definitely identify with the concept of God in Islam and a lot of other things in the quran but some things I am not sure about.

I have come here with the hope of getting answers to some of the questions I have in relation to Islam so I hope that Muslims here can help me.

May God bless you all.
:sl:

hi Crystal,

like you, i am a former Catholic. i studied many of the Christian "sects" trying to find one that, at the least, followed Scripture as we have it and still maintained a monotheistic tradition. eventually, that led to to study translations of the "Old Testament" done by Jewish Scholars, most notably Mesorah Publishing works, especially the "Stone Chumash" edition of the Torah. this led me to spend a lot of time "pondering God's Word."

in the last 5 or 6 years, i have researched how the current "Scriptures" came into being. this leads one to study how the various forms of Christianity evolved and/or came into being. the impact on Christianity caused by the Emperor Constantine's "conversion" and the "Reformation" and the causes/events that led up to it are crucial to unveiling or revealing why Christianity exists as it does today. the "story" of the Bible is another key piece of evidence that shows us that there is no "original" Christianity in existence today. is Jesus, Isa ibn Marriam, May Allah's Peace and Blessings be on the both of them, was indeed the "last Prophet" or God as the majority of Christians believe, then one would reasonably expect that his traditions and teachings would have been preserved in their totality. this is not the case. one should wonder why!

if one studies Islam, one finds a remarkable similarity to the religion of the ancient Prophets that also includes the Love preached by Jesus, as well his warnings on becoming boastful of ones self and also that "going through the motions" while not loving one's brother is unacceptable.

i have found some great lectures by 2 brothers, Mufti Ismail Menk of Zimbabwe and Dr Bashar Shala of Tennessee. i think you will find the appealing as well.

Mufti Menk:
http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html

Dr Shala has lectures on Qur'an:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...s%20of%20Quran

with these 4 being wonderful:
http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me..._Surah_Al-Kahf

he also has lectures on Islamic history:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...het+%28pbuh%29

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...bawi+%28saw%29

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me...slamic+History

these are some of the best lectures that i have heard. the 2 brothers speak as lovingly as any Christian speaker i ever heard.

i hope that you share your questions with us.

:wa:

Yusuf

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Crystal
09-03-2011, 06:33 PM
At the moment I am in the process of writing down the questions I have so I will post them in the next day or so. Well thank you all for the kind encouragement and I am really approaching this learning with an open mind. Thanks YusufNoor for the links I shall look into them.

Asiyah3
09-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum Catherine. :) You have a beautiful username.

May you have all your questions answered, and may God guide you to the same message all Prophets, from Jesus to Muhammad (peace be upon them), conveyed and followed: "There is nothing worthy of worship except God alone".

*Yasmin*
09-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Catherine, in sha' Allah (God willingly) you will be able to find what you are looking for.
wish you the best. :)

noorseeker
09-04-2011, 11:05 AM
welcome aboard,

Inshallah we look forward to hearing how your interest in Islam came about

Riana17
09-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Salam alaikkum to all

May the Peace, Mercy & Blessings of *Allah/Allahu (Arabic) *Elah/Elohim (Aramaic/Jewish) *the Only Creator be with you forever, Amen.

Sister, with open arms, open heart you are DEARLY welcome to ask about ISLAM, and we will all do our best to help you better understand its teaching and you can judge for yourself if it fits your manners+intellect+conscience. I myself is newly converted (wow almost 1.3yrs now I guess... but I still consider it new because I have many things to learn especially the Manners in ISLAM)...

I feel you have a good heart, may Allah continue to show you the right path,Amen

Quran 2:256 There is no compulsion in religion

Seeking Knowledge in ISLAM is equivalent to worshipping the CREATOR :) SO please ask as much as you want, we want blessings for you inshallah
Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allah will make a path to Paradise easy for him." (Al-Bukhaari)

Haya emaan
09-04-2011, 11:47 AM
welcome to the forum crystal..

hope you will have a beneficial stay here..

May Allah guide you to the right path..

Al-Mufarridun
09-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Peace be upon you Crystal,

Welcome to the Forum, We are all delighted to receive you as a member of this Forum, and God-Willing in a short time as a member of the Family of Islam, the family of Adam, Noah, the Family of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad(May the peace and blessings of God be upon them all).

I'm particularly happy at the fact that you said you relate to the concept of God in Islam. This is because the Concept of God in Islam, the concept of True Monotheism, Worshiping One God without any associates, that everything originates from and eventually will return to, this concept is appealing to every conscience being that understand it for it is indeed rooted deep in our very being, existence.

I would sincerely advice you to ask God for Guidance continuously, KNOW that there are no intermediaries between you and God, you have direct link with Allah(swt), your creator and the creator of your Heart, turn to Him and Seek guidance from Him from the bottom of your heart, and Insha'Allah you'll find all the Answers you're looking for.

May Allah(swt) guide you to the straight path, the path that leads to His Love, Mercy and Forgiveness, and not the path that leads to His anger and wrath. Ameen.

Salahudeen
09-04-2011, 11:27 PM
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Crystal
09-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks all again for the welcomes, I have posted my first question in the discover Islam section and now I am just waiting for it to be approved, hope to hear from you all soon

SFatima
09-10-2011, 08:10 PM
welcome to Ib :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!