/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A muslim praying

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-04-2011, 03:37 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

subhaan'Allaah the guy continues to pray while being surrounded by 'noise'..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
User29123
09-04-2011, 05:05 PM
at least he got on with his pray, that fat guy does not know nothing about Islam, Allah wants them to kill people, most of these religions are the same, (well Islam, Judaism, Christianity. )

Sunnie Ameena
09-04-2011, 05:48 PM
That video really upsets me the way that the Muslim of treated. What makes the Christians believe that they are the only ones to be allowed to pray to God. I am a recent convert, but even before I converted, I thought alot about how Christians treated people of other religions. A Muslim prays at least 5 times a day to Allah, and a Christian goes on Sunday, the occasional Wednesday or even sometimes on a Saturday. And in the video, a person makes a reference to there only being a Christian God. How ignorant are they. There is only one God. He is there for everyone. I know I have alot to learn, but I just wanted to say what I thought of the video. Peace, Sunnie

User29123
09-04-2011, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
That video really upsets me the way that the Muslim of treated. What makes the Christians believe that they are the only ones to be allowed to pray to God. I am a recent convert, but even before I converted, I thought alot about how Christians treated people of other religions. A Muslim prays at least 5 times a day to Allah, and a Christian goes on Sunday, the occasional Wednesday or even sometimes on a Saturday. And in the video, a person makes a reference to there only being a Christian God. How ignorant are they. There is only one God. He is there for everyone. I know I have alot to learn, but I just wanted to say what I thought of the video. Peace, Sunnie
Yeah true, but US have a lot of hate on us Muslims, btw you converted nice to see:) MashAllah, you might want to change your profile details :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
09-04-2011, 07:14 PM
:sl:

What vile human beings they are :raging: Lacking common decency and respect.. is this what their faith thought them?????
Before i converted to Islam i was ALWAYS taught to respect others and the teaching of Christianity certainly did not teach me to mock others especially in prayer/worship of God..... Sighs imsad

I showed this to my mother (a Christian) and she was appalled by the ignorance and the way they treated the man praying.

Awesome concentration for the man praying... may Allah reward him.

:wa:

جوري
09-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Things like that are indeed disturbing but also a total turnoff I don't know what they were hoping to accomplish? perhaps scare him off with all that 'Jesus loves you?' Jesus loves you out of our lives? lol why do they spew about 'love' when they're a most hateful most vile bunch?

Insaanah
09-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I wonder... out of the Muslim in the video, and the people surrounding him, who prays more like Jesus (peace be upon him) and like the previous Prophets (including Biblical ones)?

Muslims take off their shoes so that they may enter the house of worship in bare feet...

Qur'an
"When he came to the Fire, a voice was uttered: O Moses! I am thy Lord, therefore put off thy shoes, for thou art in the sacred valley of Tuwa."-(Holy Qur'an 20:11-12).

Bible
(And God said to Moses), "Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground."-(Exodus 3:5, also Acts 7:33).

They make ablution, washing their faces, hands and feet...

Qur'an
"O you who belive! When you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads, and wash your feet to the ankles."-(Holy Qur'an 5:7)

Bible
"And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat; when they went into the tent of the congregation they washed as the Lord commanded Moses."-(Exodus 40:31-32).

"Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple..."-(Acts 21:26).

The faithful face the Great Mosque in Makkah, whether in prayer, or reciting, or seeking the blessings of God in unison with the faithful from all over the world...

Qur'an

"So turn thy face toward the Sacred Mosque, and (O Muslims), wheresoever ye may be, turn your faces toward it."- (Holy Qur'an 2:144).

Bible
"Now when Daniel...went into his house; and his window being open in his chamber towards Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and thanks before his God, as he did aforetime."-(Daniel 6:10).

Bowing down and prostrating..

Qur'an
"O you who believe! Bow down and prostrate yourselves and serve your Lord, and do good that you may prosper."-(Holy Qur'an 22:77).

Bible
"And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..."-(Matthew 26:39).

"And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship..."-(Joshua 5:14).

"And he (Elijah) cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees."-(1 Kings 18:42).

"And they (Moses and Aaron) fell upon their faces..."-(Numbers 20:6).

"And Abraham fell on his face..."-(Genesis 17:3).

Invariably, the faithful spreads out his hands to God, asking forgiveness, seeking His blessings, beseeching His protection for mankind...

Qur'an

"Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and defend us from the torment of the Fire."-(Holy Qur'an 2:201)

Bible
"...when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven."-(1 Kings 8:54).

And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that Thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that Thou hast sent me.-(John 11:41-42).

Muslims around the world, and all the Prophets, including those that came before Muhammad (peace be upon them all) prayed in a similar way. We are merely following in their footsteps.

MustafaMc
09-05-2011, 01:59 AM
I hate to be the contrarian, but why is he praying in the street amongst a bunch of protesters? To fulfill my duty to offer salah, I am sometimes required to do so away from my home or office. I seek an out-of-the-way place that is as private as I can be so I can concentrate on my salah. What experiences have others had with prayer in public places?

Tyrion
09-05-2011, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I hate to be the contrarian, but why is he praying in the street amongst a bunch of protesters?
^This. He should have tried to find a quiet, secluded place... It almost seems like he was trying to get a response... If the camera guy was also Muslim, then this could have just been a planned stunt to make those idiotic protesters look bad/worse, or to gain sympathy... Idunno. What I do know however is that there are many places in American where a Muslim is free to pray, or do whatever he/she wants. I don't like how the title of the video is trying to make it seem like things are worse than they are... However I could be wrong, and this whole situation could have been sparked by the crowd. Who knows.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!