/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Muslim Who Cried Wolf

Tyrion
09-05-2011, 03:16 AM
:sl:

Here's a nice article I read recently. I think it's a beneficial one that all Muslims living in today's world should take a look at... I'm curious to see what you guys think of the points raised in it. :p:

The Muslim Who Cried Wolf, by Abu Eesa Niamatullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-05-2011, 03:23 AM
I liked the first comment:
salam
With all due respect, ya shaykh, while I agree we should be very careful to reserve judgement until facts are out (we learned our lesson from a story sometime back when we publicized story of a MSA sister who was “assaulted” and turned out to be a fake)… but at the same time you are clearly missing the fact that there is an active, and systematic movement (well-funded) that is working to dehumanize Muslims. We can’t wait for hate-crimes to become commonplace before we take charge of the situation. And yes, sometimes “appropriate” overkill (I don’t like this word but devils advocate) can help preempt much worse.
You should read the CAP report that Wajahat co-wrote recently. This is serious stuff that one or two cry-wolf stories do not undo.
wasalam

Tyrion
09-05-2011, 03:29 AM
I agree that there is a serious problem out there when it comes to anti Islam/Muslim sentiment in the West... But I think a large number of us tend to take it a bit too far... A balance would be best, with us understanding and working against those that would harm us, but at the same time not ignoring our own problems and jumping at every opportunity to blame someone else. Hope that made sense.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!