/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Like!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Not sure if this is the correct section, again :\

I would like to know what you 'like' about the 'like' icon?

How is it beneficial towards ourselves or others inshaa'Allaah?

Would be interesting to know what everyone thinks of the 'like' icon/thing..

And no im not creating the thread to recieve more 'like' icons, that would'nt be right, would it?

or would it? (like brother muezzin says :\)

But seriously , what do you guyz think?

Note to mods: I want this thread to be moved to "humour" section please.

jazakallaahu Khaayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
:w:

Its annoying when you keep getting a notification for every new like. :><:

Haya emaan
09-06-2011, 06:20 PM
walaikum assalam..

'an unnecessary feature..'

Endymion
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Im happy to have this Geeky Yummy option as usually i need to spread reps around to give my fav poster another rep,or the other option is to send them a PM or visitor meassage but now its easy to show someone that you "Like" their post :D It'll save time Inshallah :)

But i "Dont" like this notification thing hanging above my head :heated: For last 3 days i had this "Un approved visitor message" and i was wondering what mods will do if its not proper as i have already read it :embarrass
And now it changed into "Approved Visitor message" ^o) Come on,i read it already :hmm: This made me clicking and viewing the same message again and again and i dont know how many times i read good wishes from Geeky Jewlly and Eid Mubarak from sis Riana :embarrass (Sighss....Stop it ,this Eid was happy but its enough now :raging:

Summarizing the post,I "Like" The Geeky option :D:alright:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Another thing i Like is Our Dearest Uncle Woodrow is online :alright:

I did'nt see him for a long time :unsure:

Ghazalah
09-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I like it. You like as many posts by the same poster lol, saves the hassle of having to rep numerous people just to give a particular post a rep.

Alpha Dude
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
Its annoying when you keep getting a notification for every new like.
Not sure if you are aware but there's actually a way to make it so that you don't get such notifications.

Before you hit the submit button, read what you have written and make some adjustments to the text. Minor stuff, like making it incomprehensible, removing anything of substance, etc.

This tip might put you into a spot of bother if a dislike feature is introduced.

Perseveranze
09-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Unbalanced due to no dislike.

~Raindrop~
09-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Edited poll on sis Jewel's request. Please vote again!

Innocent Soul
09-07-2011, 01:03 AM
It's a bit unnecessary but somewhat helpful :D. Because when we want to give someone rep and we can't give them. Just like the post :shade:.

جوري
09-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Easier to let people know that you like their posts if you've run out of reps, also that ''Yuri has been there'' .. sometimes you see those orphan articles and not quite sure if you need to bump it or what.. just that they're so immaculate no comment is needed but it elicited a like :D

Salahudeen
09-07-2011, 02:13 AM
I like it because when someone replies to you, you can let them know you've read and acknowledged their reply without actually typing a reply to them.

Beardo
09-07-2011, 02:17 AM
I actually like the like feature. I sometimes wonder if we could add a dislike feature too. Although, I'm sure most threads would be mainly liked, but then you could see the OTHER side as well. Does that make sense? :)

Innocent Soul
09-07-2011, 02:25 AM
No, It's not a good idea :hmm:. It will create hatred among the members :heated:. If anyone dislike any post they should keep quit and if necessary write a reply.

Sometimes We maintain silence to protect.... A beautiful relation
But We forget,.....
Too much silence creates distance in every beautiful relation

Salahudeen
09-07-2011, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
No, It's not a good idea :hmm:. It will create hatred among the members :heated:. If anyone dislike any post they should keep quit and if necessary write a reply.

Sometimes We maintain silence to protect.... A beautiful relation
But We forget,.....
Too much silence creates distance in every beautiful relation
Very good point, conversely the same is true about the like feature, when you disagree with someone and like their post they don't get mad.

Ramadhan
09-07-2011, 07:36 AM
I like like.

It's very useful feature to let they know you like their post especially when you are running out of rep quota.

*Yasmin*
09-07-2011, 08:26 AM
i find it helpful..
for example now typing is hard for me coz both of my hands are wrapped with bandages .. i type using just two fingers! .. it's easier to just click "like" for posts insteed typing ..

Riana17
09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Salam Alaikkum

which one again please ? the Like originally by Bro Beardo? Oh I dont have FB but I like it lol;D

noorseeker
09-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I like it a lot , but the rep sytem was quite good, as you can read what people have wrote about your post

piXie
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Not sure if you are aware but there's actually a way to make it so that you don't get such notifications.

Before you hit the submit button, read what you have written and make some adjustments to the text. Minor stuff, like making it incomprehensible, removing anything of substance, etc.
Stop the Like notifications from the members and start the Infraction/Post Deleted notifications from the mods ? :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!