PDA

View Full Version : What is death like?

جوري
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
?????????????????????????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
For some it's the beginning of eternal bliss. For others eternal torment.

As for what it's like nobody lives to tell. "Every soul shall taste death" (surat al Anakaboot Ayah 57)

جوري
09-06-2011, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
As for what it's like nobody lives to tell.
Yup sometimes I am overcome with curiosity.. if the soul is stuck there in a decaying carcass aware of its condition .. if the dead are aware of time or if it's just like sleep one of bliss or nightmares.. but no one has come back from that journey..

Salahudeen
09-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I wonder how much pain a person is in at the time of death, I imagine very painful, I wonder if you can see the angels around you before your souls left your body and your still in this world, or do you see them after you've died.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazalah
09-06-2011, 11:38 PM
There is a bind between the body and the soul. This can be explained by portraying the attraction between two magnets. It is hard to pull them apart, likewise, the attraction of the soul to the material body is more due to the love of the materialistic world. In other words, the more the magnetic field in both the magnets, the greater the attraction will be. Similarly, the more the love towards the worldly life, the greater the pain of pulling apart of the soul from the body will be.

Imaam Ghazzi rahmatullahi alaihe explains, that the soul is removed from the body in stages (as mentioned in the Holy Qur’aan): it is first taken out from the feet followed by the shin and then the thighs after which the chest is affected and at that moment the power of speech is lost. When the soul is taken from the throat, the faculties of sight and hearing are exterminated.
There are two things here. Firstly, the pain felt at the introduction of death. Secondly, the pain felt at the extraction of the soul. Here the latter is implied.
The severity of death varies from person to person. a believer feels the pain similar to the hair that is taken out from flour by a finger. Whereas, the disbeliever feels so much pain that it is impossible to describe.
The severity of death has been mentioned in numerous Ahaadith, some of which are as follows:
1. Hazrat Anas Ibn Malik radiyallahu anhu has reported that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam had mentioned that the grasp of Malikul Maut is more severe than one thousand hacks (cuts) with a sword.
(Sharhus-sudoor)
2. There is a narration regarding Hazrat Moosa alaihis salaam that he was questioned by Allah after death about how he had undergone the experience of dying and he replied that it could be described as the case of a live bird being put in to a hot boiling pot of bubbling oil.3. In another narration, Hazrat Moosa alaihis salaam is reported to have replied that the experience was like that of a goat being skinned alive by a butcher.
(Sharhus-sudoor)
4. It is narrated from Shaddad Ibn Aus radiyallahu anhu that there is not as much pain, torture in being spilt by a saw, shredded by scissorsor scalded by fiercely boiling water than in experiencing death.5. Hazrat Abu Qatadah radiyallahu anhu reports that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said that all distress, displeasure and agony at the time of death can be likened to that of an ant-bite.
6. Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam asked the angel of death to show him in which form he visits an evil person. Angel of death replied, "You will not be able to tolerate the sight." Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam insisted, the angel of death told him to turn around, while he transformed himself. After which he told Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam to look. Upon seeing him he fell unconsciousness due to the pitiful sight. Thereafter, Hazrat Ibrahim alaihis salaam remarked that the sight was so horrifying that just looking at him was enough punishment for the evildoer.
It is a pity for us today that we are inattentive enough to remember all other worldly matters and forget the main purpose of our creation. How unfortunate will anyone of us be not to take heed after knowing one’s reality - what one is made of, where one came from and where one will return. May Allah Ta’ala give us the ability to remember death and grant us thekalimah, Laailaaha illallah on our lips at the time of death, Aameen.

Source-
http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/dthgft.htm

جوري
09-07-2011, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I wonder how much pain a person is in at the time of death, I imagine very painful, I wonder if you can see the angels around you before your souls left your body and your still in this world, or do you see them after you've died.
I have been around dead people and they see stuff but there's a scientific explanation for that but digging deeper into the explanation offers no explanation at all as most things in psychiatry are a great deal of concocted bull.. :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
There is a bind between the body and the soul.
Sr. Ghazala thank you so much your whole post, well it was very illuminating and terribly frightening may Allah swt have mercy on us..

Dagless
09-07-2011, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

I have been around dead people and they see stuff but there's a scientific explanation for that
That they're actually alive?

جوري
09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
That they're actually alive?
what I mean is, they eat less, sleep more have an altered sensorium, disorientation altered perception and well they have these 'delusions' they see things, things that are after them it is very common and rendered 'natural'

noorseeker
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I thought if you are a good person, you will not feel any pain

M.I.A.
09-07-2011, 04:10 PM

what I mean is, they eat less, sleep more have an altered sensorium, disorientation altered perception and well they have these 'delusions' they see things, things that are after them it is very common and rendered 'natural'
from a scientific perspective, my observation is its a case of personal observation.
people see things and interpret them the best they can.

obviously the other person has no awareness of how his actions and interaction are perceived as dangerous.

its like driving a car, you do not want to crash your own car but how aware we are of other road users and there actions either makes you mad or makes you walk.

when a person becomes a better driver he realises how cars can be misused and also has a much greater care for other peoples narrow vision. but by the time you avoid a danger chances are the other person is long gone.

we need better instructors.

as for death, id hope its not behind the wheel.. last thing you want is a fine for wreck-less driving

the quran says that as for those who think every cry is against them, they are your enemies.

not sure of the context of the above though.

even even more loosly paraphrased without context would be the famous

forgive them for they know not what they do

...havent got the foggiest

if my context is wrong then both the above are wrongly used in my post.

feel free to make my driving safer.

Insaanah
09-07-2011, 05:36 PM
:sl:

I wonder if you can see the angels around you before your souls left your body and your still in this world, or do you see them after you've died.
I have been around dead people and they see stuff but there's a scientific explanation for that but digging deeper into the explanation offers no explanation at all as most things in psychiatry are a great deal of concocted bull..
have an altered sensorium, disorientation altered perception and well they have these 'delusions' they see things, things that are after them it is very common and rendered 'natural'
I know of people, Muslims, that have said right before passing away, "I have to go now, two men have come to get me", another that said, "they're here for me now, please forgive me if I did anything wrong" etc, and then passed away. I always thought it was because they'd seen the angels approaching... Allahu a3lam.. Do you know if this is common, and are they likely to be delusions?

GuestFellow
09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Asslamu Aliakum

I have no idea. We will all experience death, so we will have to wait .:skeleton:

جوري
09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

I know of people, Muslims, that have said right before passing away, "I have to go now, two men have come to get me", another that said, "they're here for me now, please forgive me if I did anything wrong" etc, and then passed away. I always thought it was because they'd seen the angels approaching... Allahu a3lam.. Do you know if this is common, and are they likely to be delusions?
science can only render them delusions indeed. I remember the death of 25 year old junkie, the day before he passed he kept pointing to the ceiling and talking about 'men with turbans' waiting for him.. I thought it was odd because a delusion should at least be borne of ones psyche and I had no idea a white inner city junkie would have turbans on the mind.. in any case I don't think angels present as men with turbans but he was seeing something he'd slip in and out of consciousness and when he'd come to he'd point and speak of unseen people trying to get him, it happens so often that 'delusions of persecution' is a common thing with dying folks..

Allah swt knows best what they're seeing but the way I look at it, is it is good they're getting oriented to the afterlife .. there's nothing worse than being the new guy in a new place and just not knowing where to go next :D

Salahudeen
09-07-2011, 07:24 PM
guys with turbans, what on Earth :hmm:

Al-Mufarridun
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM

The Prophet(pbuh) has informed us in detail the process of death and what follows. Death is similar to waking up from deep slumber. It is bit different in the sense that the process is bit different. The human consists of a Soul and a Body in this earthly experience, Life is state of the Soul being in the Body. Now the Soul is from Allah(swt) and the Body is from the earth and both shall return to their Source.

Thus the Prophet(pbuh) told us that when a believer dies, the angels of mercy come to him with a cloth from Jannah, they call out the Soul to return to its Source, and gently take out the soul willingly. Then the Soul is taken to through the Seven heavens to its Source, Allah(swt), Allah(swt) will then order them to return him to Earth, to the Barzakh to wait for Judgement day. On the other hand, when the evil doer dies, the angels of wrath descend and call out the Soul to come out, the Soul then scatters its self in the body, so the angels pull it out with great violence. When they ascend to heaven to carry the Soul, they'll be refused entery into the second heaven and thus the evil soul will be returned and placed in the Barzakh.

“By those (angels) who pull out (the souls of the disbelievers and the wicked) with great violence.
2. By those (angels) who gently take out (the souls of the believers).
[al-Naazi’aat 79:1-2].

Then the Life of the Barzakh begins. You can understand the Barzakh as a different dimension right here on Earth that separates the dimension of the Living and Jannah/Nar. So it doesn't matter if the body of the deceased is cremated or not, the Soul can never be destroyed, and it is aware of its existence in the Barzakh, it feels both pain and pleasure, as well as the passing of time. Once the soul reaches the Barzakh the interrogation of the two angels, Munkar and Nakir, begins. They will be asked three simple questions; Who is your Lord? What is your Deen(way of life)? Who is your Prophet(pbuh). Although the questions are simple, the process is a great trial, for only what you truly believed will come out. As for the believer he'll answer the questions correctly, then he'll be clothed with a cloth from Paradise, his furniture will be a furniture from Paradise, and the two windows will be opened for him, one that is linked to his place is Paradise and one that is linked to Nar, where he could've been had he not been righteous. A handsome/beautiful looking person comes to him, when he asks 'who are you', the indivitual responds, i'm your good deeds, i'll be your company till the Day of Judgement begins'. likewise for the disbeliever/hypocrite when he fails to answer the questions correctly, his torments begin, his cloth will be from hell fire, his furniture will be from hell fire, then the two windows will be open for him, one linked to jannah(where he could have been had he been righteous) and one window linked to hell fire, his future abode. An evil looking/smelling person comes to him, and when he asks, "what evil are you?" he respnds, "i'm your evil deeds, i'll keep you company until the Judgement begins". Then the believer will beg Allah(swt) to hasten the Day of Judgement, and the evil doer will beg Allah(swt) to not hasten the Judgement.

There are some people who don't go through the same process, the Shuhadaa' for example. For them their Soul is automatically transferred from this World to Jannah, in the hearts of Green Birds. They don't go through the agonies of death.

And do not say about those who are killed in the way of Allah , "They are dead." Rather, they are alive, but you perceive [it] not. (Quran; Al-Baqarah 154)

Allah(swt) knows best.

جوري
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
guys with turbans, what on Earth :hmm:
:lol: maybe he was having delusions about some sikhs coming to get him who knows.. sad thing is I attended the autopsy of that kid and it was my first and let's just say I didn't sleep well for months and months afterward.. I was very upset by it, I remember driving by this bridge the day after and seeing flocks of birds that were all in unison and the rising sun would shine on their bellies and they looked like sparkling rubies and thought isn't that enough reason to love God and love life.. the fact that he was 25 also really upset me not that I am ok seeing older people go but I just couldn't figure out why anyone would abuse his life and body in such a way...

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
Allah(swt) will then order them to return him to Earth, to the Barzakh to wait for Judgement day
That's just the thing, we don't know much about the soul nor the barzakh, are dead people aware of us, are they aware of each other, are they aware of time.. etc.. so many unanswered Q's.. may Allah swt grant us Jannah.. I shudder at the thought of being so lonely until judgment day trapped in a grave and knowing of time..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!