/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it ok if i don't like saudi arabia

UEA
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I know everything started in saudi arabia but i just don't like that country because it's always about saudi arabia in the muslim world. Other countries like UEA give more rights. What is your opinion?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
09-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I have mixed feelings towards KSA, but I love Makkah and Madinah and I want to go back there again and again InshaAllah :)

noorseeker
09-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I havent been so cant really comment. But im sure there is a lot of good there.

joyous fairy
09-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I can understand where you are coming from, but I dont think any country is all good. There are bad parts in each. I think the fact that Islam started there, and Makkah and Madinah are there, makes people have an idealistic view of what Islam should be like in action and look up to these places as an example of how Muslims should live. Even though they may not be adhering to Islamic principles.

I havent been to UEA so I cant compare.

Ive been to Makkah and Madinah, I loved it, especially Madinah. I wish to go there again too, inshaAllah. :smile:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
09-09-2011, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UEA
I know everything started in saudi arabia but i just don't like that country because it's always about saudi arabia in the muslim world. Other countries like UEA give more rights. What is your opinion?
Salaam,

Both of them mistreat and exploit migrant workers and the government is a monarchy. It makes me sick when the royal family members spend so much money on luxurious goods while there are people living in poverty. Also both countries do not have the guts to speak against the US and Israel. Other than that, I like the culture of both countries and the food.

Salahudeen
09-09-2011, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

Both of them mistreat and exploit migrant workers and the government is a monarchy. It makes me sick when the royal family members spend so much money on luxurious goods while there are people living in poverty. Also both countries do not have the guts to speak against the US and Israel. Other than that, I like the culture of both countries and the food.
Yeah I know how you feel, I feel even more sick when I see the leaders of these oil rich countries buying football clubs and giving players 100k a week, and buying football players for 40 million, while Muslims are trying to think about how to buy a house without indulging in riba and Muslims in somalia have no food or drink. They have a lot to answer for.

GuestFellow
09-09-2011, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Yeah I know how you feel, I feel even more sick when I see the leaders of these oil rich countries buying football clubs and giving players 100k a week, and buying football players for 40 million, while Muslims are trying to think about how to buy a house without indulging in riba and Muslims in somalia have no food or drink. They have a lot to answer for.
Salaam,

I'm more angry with the people that worship them, make excuses for them and try to copy them (e.g. big expensive weddings).

^ Ugh...what is wrong with this man?

EDIT: a tragic typo...

Salahudeen
09-09-2011, 06:46 PM
^I've seen that vid before and every time I feel more and more disgusted +o(+o(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-09-2011, 07:20 PM
This is what happens when you have no knowledge of the beautiful deen, or either if you do you still choose to follow the footsteps of shaytaan i.e. your desires.

The greed, astagfirullaah..Money makes people feel that they are remainers of this dunya, but unfortunately forget there is an end. Unless used in the correct way..i.e. in a more useful manner.

may Allaah SWT guide him and protect the ummah from becoming as such and ease the affairs of the ummah and unite the ummah, Aameen.

Endymion
09-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Assalam Alekum.

The way they waste their money is indeed a curse but this is a matter between them and Allah SWT and He SWT will ask them about what they did in the Dunyah but on the other side,they are doing much more for their people,for the Muslims around the world and specially for the Hujjaj Karam.They had some very bad qualities in them but still Allah SWT choose this land to be the home and the centre of Islam and these people as the companion of Muhammad SAW because they have some really amazing qualities.Unfortunately,when we read or talk about Arabs,we only focus how bad they were,but most of us are unaware of their great qualities which made this land and these people the helpers of Islam and Muslims.

I think we have no right to hate any Country or its people just because they have some bad people in them,and which place is free of bad people?I think people should focus the other side of the coin as well.

Abz2000
09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Satellite broadcasts of hit US shows including Desperate Housewives, Late Show With David Letterman and Friends are better at persuading Saudi youth to reject violent jihad than hundreds of millions of dollars worth of US propaganda, informants have told the US embassy in Jeddah.
The shows, which are broadcast uncensored and with Arabic subtitles on the country's MBC4 channel, are being permitted as part of the Saudis' 'war of ideas' against extremist elements. Rotana, a channel part owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, is also proving popular.

And according to a Wikileaks cable entitled David Letterman: Agent of Influence, they have had a greater influence for good than the US-funded al-Hurra TV news channel.

That channel, which was launched in 2004 after the Iraq invasion, has attempted to win over viewers with such programming as in-depth interviews with US politicians, including former president George Bush.
However it has also run into trouble in the past with local journalists, most notably when it broadcast a call to arms against Israel by Hezbollah.
Diplomats have admitted the lure of US TV shows and films had had a far greater impact thanks to the allure of stars including Eva Longoria and Jennifer Aniston.

'It's still all about the war of ideas here, and the American programming on MBC and Rotana is winning over ordinary Saudis in a way that al-Hurra and other US propaganda ever could,' two Saudi media executives told a US official when they met at a Jeddah branch of Starbucks.

.....The meeting was reportedly called at the behest of Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who is a billionaire businessman and shareholder in News Corporation. The SRMG media group, which is partly owned by bin Talal and also owns al-Eqtisadiah, also bid for a contract to publish the International Herald Tribune uncensored in Saudi Arabia, according to the cable.

i dunno if this is appropriate - but will add it for educational value:

IN THE ABOVE POST (TRAGIC TYPOS) HE SAID HE WILL SPEND WHATEVER MONEY GOD HAS GIVEN HIM TO PROMOTE THE CAUSE OF LADIES IN SAUDI ARABIA......TO "TRAIN" LADIES, AND TO PUT LADIES IN "KEY POSITIONS"

- THOSE NOTES ALSO WENT INTO KEY POSITIONS

Insaanah
09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
:sl:

"Do you consider the providing of water for the pilgrim and the maintenance of al-Masjid al-Haram equal to [the deeds of] one who believes in Allah and the Last Day and strives in the cause of Allah? They are not equal in the sight of Allah. And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people.

Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way are of much greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they who are triumphant." (Qur'an 9:19-20)

One of the reasons mentioned for the revelation of these ayaat:

There is a Hadith (from the Prophet) about the Tafsir of this Ayah that we should mention. `Abdur-Razzaq recorded that An-Nu`man bin Bashir said that a man said, "I do not care if I do not perform an action after embracing Islam other than providing drinking water for pilgrims who visit the Ka`bah at Makkah.'' Another man said, "I do not care if I do not perform an action after embracing Islam other than maintaining Al-Masjid Al-Haram.'' A third man said, "Jihad in the cause of Allah is more righteous than what you have said.'' `Umar admonished them, "Do not raise your voices next to the Minbar of the Messenger of Allah,'' and as it was a Friday, he said, "but after we pray the Friday prayer, we will go to the Prophet and ask him.'' This verse was revealed,

أَجَعَلْتُمْ سِقَايَةَ الْحَاجِّ وَعِمَارَةَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ
(Do you consider the providing of drinking water to the pilgrims and the maintenance of Al-Masjid Al-Haram), until,

لاَ يَسْتَوُونَ عِندَ اللَّهِ
(They are not equal before Allah. )
Source of quote: Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Ghazalah
09-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I get where people are coming from. Forget the royal family, the amount of snobby people they are in saudi is shocking. If you are not the same social degree or class as them then you will automatically be looked down upon. Especially people from Asia are seen as the same as dirt, while this is a minority in Saudi, they are loud and vocal and it makes me sick.

However the place is beautiful not to mention Makkah and Medina :wub:

Salahudeen
09-09-2011, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I get where people are coming from. Forget the royal family, the amount of snobby people they are in saudi is shocking. If you are not the same social degree or class as them then you will automatically be looked down upon. Especially people from Asia are seen as the same as dirt, while this is a minority in Saudi, they are loud and vocal and it makes me sick.

However the place is beautiful not to mention Makkah and Medina :wub:
You know you are not the first person to come away with such an impression, I have family members who before going to Saudi wanted to live there, after they made Umrah there, they came back and said what you said and were put off living there forever.

Ghazalah
09-09-2011, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
You know you are not the first person to come away with such an impression, I have family members who before going to Saudi wanted to live there, after they made Umrah there, they came back and said what you said and were put off living there forever.
Sadly it's true. Even if you're Arab and come from places like Oman or Yemen, because they're not as wealthy as Saudi they treat you like you're something else. SubhanAllah. Having said that some of the people there don't care where you're from and treat you very well.

Abz2000
09-09-2011, 11:28 PM
that's true - there are also some great people there who are so friendly and i have come across some - i would be smoking a cigarette near the mosque and an arab would come up to me and advise me in such a nice way that i would throw it away ........until i felt like another one later - this happened more than once.

they also have (some) people in media who enjoin good and forbid wrong:

Ramadhan
09-10-2011, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Allah SWT choose this land to be the home and the centre of Islam and these people as the companion of Muhammad SAW
I agree with your other points, however, I disagree with the above that I quoted. The companions (ra) of Muhammad SAW have all died. "these people" are not the companions of Muhammad SAW. Prince Al Waleed ibn Talal is not a companion of Muhammad SAW.

ardianto
09-10-2011, 03:05 PM
About a month before Ramadan. in intercity travel, my family and I stopped at a mosque in the mountains area to perform salah duhr and rest.

After salah, someone comes to me, saying salaam and speak in English, he had an interest on the car that I hired and wanted to take some pictures. He is Arab man, about 40, has a long beard and dressed well.

I allow it. He greeted my family with Assalamu'alaikum before he took some pictures. Then we talked about car. Honestly, I was impressed with his good manner and etiquette. And I also saw, he spoke with his Indonesian driver in a good and ethical manner as well.

It spent about 15 minutes, then he said thank you and wasalam. But before he left I asked him "Where are you from?". He smiled before answering "Saudi Arabia".

That was a wonderful experience when I meet a Muslim brother from another country.

So, are Saudis bad people ?. Bad people and good people are exist in everywhere, not only in Saudi Arabia. And the Saudi man who I meet in that masjid is a good Muslim brother.

Mr.President
09-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Bro if you don't like Saudi Arabia then you also should not like USA more than the KSA !

إحسان
09-10-2011, 04:13 PM
:embarrass I'm Saudi, I'm not snobby and I'm not exactly rich. I have friends of all Muslim backgrounds, Khaleeji (Qatari, Emirati, Kuwaiti), Malaysian, Bosnian, Pakistani (My best friend is one actually), Bengoli, Somalian, Sudanese, Kurdish and sooo much more. And I do not look down on others.

Please don't associate all Saudi's as the same. That's like saying all Muslims are racist due to your experience of one yet of course Muslims are actually against racism.

No. I don't like the monarchy, I'd be punished if I said that there and I wish there could be an uprise but the royal family are unbelievably powerful. And I for one, am totally against the discrimination that takes place often in KSA.... You should actually feel sorry for those who are oppressed in Saudi Arabia and wish to change it, I know I do. I may not hold no power but the power of dua is a weapon Allah (swt) had given us for times like these. Thus why I often do dua for Saudi Arabia to change for the better as well as the whole Ummah.

You can dislike Saudi Arabia for all the bad it contains and still like it for the good it contains (Makkah & Madinah)... The best places on EARTH.

And to be honest, NO COUNTRY is PERFECT. KSA may follow Sharia Law but they're really falling apart, seriously. And I've been to UAE, it's nothing special either. :hmm:

Personally, if someone were to ask me: what is your identity?
I would identify myself as a Muslim first. There's so much nationalistic pride between Muslims in the world it's sad - I'm not saying don't be proud of where you're from... But because we're so attached to the countries we're from we separate ourselves when we should be all united as Muslims, but unfortunately we've been blinded by shaytan and the rest of the world.

Anyway, I said everything I wanted to say... :statisfie

SFatima
09-10-2011, 06:35 PM
The saudi goverent does not even encourage/ allow muslims of other nationalities to start businesses in their lands,unless people have a british or a US passport, that is so unbelievable. Same is the case with the Emirate states, 3 to 4 times pay scale for people who have Uk , US ,EU, Canadian passports, and small pay scales for people who belong to muslim countries, Saudia and the EMirates are purely ruled by the Americans, not by themselves, sad indeed.

But that does not mean that saudis are bad people, there are very good people among the arabs, and they have some really good qualities, like they know the history of Islam so well, understand the Quran well and what I really like is that they leave their shops completely un-attended at prayer times, and there is no theft or burglary MashALlah. And they are welcoming of guests as well.

GuestFellow
09-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Another thing I like about Saudi Arabia which I forgot to mention is low crime rate and how easy it is to pray namaz.

marwen
09-10-2011, 09:42 PM
The prophet warned muslims of racism, he particularily warned arabs who may think they are better than others.

Hadeeth : Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 7, Ch. 3 :

“ All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. „

1 - Saudi Arabia is the most sacred place in the world, but unfortunately the people who rule KSA are the worst people in the world (King Abdullah et. al),
I can't blame ordinary saudi people about that.

2 - Saudi people are very nice people, but some of them act nastily. That's true, and they should be ashamed of themselves because they desecrate this holy country by this behavior. Not generalizing this to all saudi people, because Alhamdulillah, I know most of them are good people.

3 - Racists and mean people exist everywhere.

Futuwwa
09-11-2011, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
1 - Saudi Arabia is the most sacred place in the world, but unfortunately the people who rule KSA are the worst people in the world (King Abdullah et. al),
I can't blame ordinary saudi people about that.
No. Mecca is the most sacred place in the world. It doesn't confer holiness to the rest of the country simply because someone drew its national boundary in that way. The precursor of present Saudi Arabia was the Kingdom of Nejd, which didn't even rule over the Hedjaz at first. Did the rest of Nejd suddenly become holy simply because the Hedjaz was annexed to it?

Ghazalah
09-11-2011, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
No. Mecca is the most sacred place in the world. It doesn't confer holiness to the rest of the country simply because someone drew its national boundary in that way. The precursor of present Saudi Arabia was the Kingdom of Nejd, which didn't even rule over the Hedjaz at first. Did the rest of Nejd suddenly become holy simply because the Hedjaz was annexed to it?
I think he made a mistake but meant that Mecca and Medina are the sacred places and not Saudi as a whole.

marwen
09-11-2011, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I think he made a mistake but meant that Mecca and Medina are the sacred places and not Saudi as a whole.
Yes, sister Ghazalah is right. Jazakum Allahu Khayran.

Mr.President
09-11-2011, 03:01 PM
the land is holy but it doesn't make the people pure ryt ?
governments are filled with crap they pay europeans good pay but to a poor man less ! so what ? we cannot do anything

just wasting time typing KSA this USA that UAE .... blah blah blah

sorry for entering this useless crappy thread !

Im outa here

Futuwwa
09-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I thought as much, but it's an important distinction to make, one that not everyone makes. For example, one of Osama bin Laden's grievances against the US was over the stationing of US troops on what he considered "holy land" - even though there's no actual US military base within over a thousand kilometres from Mecca or Medina.

Abdul-Raouf
09-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Salaam,

I'm more angry with the people that worship them, make excuses for them and try to copy them (e.g. big expensive weddings).

EDIT: a tragic typo...

To be honest... I could not even watch half of it.... "his highness" - Bu!!sh!t.. he is a materialistic fool.
.. and he is a wrong example. May ALLAH change his thoughts to Islamic.

Umar Ibn Kathab - Whom persia, egypt,europe feared..... I love him.. and his Khilafat.
We need Khilafa back very very soon :(..Ya ALLAH help us unite.

w.r.t OP : I like the environment of the islamic holy places and their environment across the world .. Nothing specific to country..

ariginality
09-22-2011, 05:02 PM
The Saudi kingdom is a bunch of sell outs who live for this life.

ariginality
09-22-2011, 05:04 PM
The Saudi kingdom is a bunch of sell outs to the U.S. who live for this life.

Who Am I?
09-22-2011, 10:01 PM

Eh, it's the same everywhere, I reckon. I've never been outside of the US aside from a cruise to the Caribbean 11 years ago, but I know that there are good people and bad people no matter where you go. You just have to learn to sort of who is who and only deal with the good ones and ignore the bad ones.

Maybe it's a bit simplistic, but there it is.

esperanza
11-01-2011, 06:57 PM
IS IT OK TO NOT LIKE SAUDI

well firstly have you been to saudi ...do you know saudi people

yes there are arrogant..racist and some ccorrupt saudis

but you cannot generalise about people....

the saudis are generally hopsitable and welcoming people..............

the present king has given billions to lebanon palestine egypt tunisia libya and somalia...

in saudi there are not half naked women in public there are not pubs or brothels..
there is very low crime,,,,,low cost of living ....

some people criticising ,,,saudi live in the west...benefitting from the west..yet they hate the west

is your country perfect before you criticise saudi

esperanza
11-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Salaam,

actually the people are not living in poverty.. everyone is entitled to live well from the government even without working

esperanza
11-01-2011, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UEA
UAE gives more rights like ..discos bars bikini filled beaches,,,,etc etc

GuestFellow
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by esperanza
actually the people are not living in poverty.. everyone is entitled to live well from the government even without working
Salaam,

Poverty exists in all countries. In the UK, you have homeless people and people that do not have enough money to meet their outgoings (e.g. bills, food, water).

http://observers.france24.com/conten...s-saudi-arabia

Being poor does not necessarily mean the conditions are as bad in Africa.

Abz2000
11-02-2011, 03:20 AM
you can hate the saudi Arabian government for their being installed by the colonialists and working for them even now,
but apparently hating the Arabs is a way of demeaning the Noble Messenger (pbuh):

It was narrated that Salmaan said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:
“O Salmaan, do not hate me and leave your religion.”
I said: O Messenger of Allah, how could I hate you when Allah has guided me through you?
He said: ‘By hating the Arabs you would hate me.”.

This hadeeth was narrated by al-Tirmidhi (no. 3927); al-Bazzaar in his Musnad (2513); al-Tabaraani in al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer (6/238); al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak (4/86); and others, via Abu Badr al-Shujaa’ ibn al-Waleed, from Qaboos ibn Abi Zabyaan, from his father, from Salmaan.

the reliability of the hadith has been found to have a few weak narrators in the chain - but it's there anyway. link added for further reference:
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/117609

the narration itself though does make sense to me.

and as others have said - most Arabs are very hospitable big-hearted people.

Flame of Hope
11-02-2011, 04:36 AM

is it ok if i don't like saudi arabia
Sure, it's ok if you dislike Saudi Arabia. Just don't say it!

If there had been a bunch of nations listed somewhere... and next to each of them there was a DISLIKE button, would you click on it?

Well, I would not. Openly showing dislike for something or someone isn't the way of the Prophet (saws).

Remember the hadith: "Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, must either speak good or remain silent." - Muslim.

As Muslims we are obligated to think the best of our fellow brothers and sisters in Islam. Have we forgotten that?

It's easy to criticize and point fingers at others. Have we achieved righteousness of such great level that we are now in a position to pick at other people's faults and shortcomings?

Are we so set on correcting others that we have forgotten to turn our vision towards our own selves and see the monstrous faults we ourselves suffer from?

What right have we to make judgments of other people and other nations when such judgments are based on insufficient knowledge, sheer prejudice and ignorance? Are we being just when we make such judgments? And why classify people and put them into categories?

Is this how we would like Allah to judge us? Would we want Allah to judge us the same way we judge others?

If no, then cease speaking ill of anyone.

If you have nothing good to say BE SILENT.

Sothis Girl
12-27-2011, 10:24 AM
and I remember a news last year that a royal family in Saudi Arabia paid Beyonce Knowles to perform for like hundreds of thousands USD a night :heated:...and they're still considered "islamic"?? maybe the only thing ticks me off about the Arabs are the way they treat their women soooo inferior, which is UN-ISLAMIC. Sadly the western media always associate the Arabs as Islam, whether they violate Islam rules or not. And I know a female friend of my mother told me a story she's wearing hijab and worked in Saudi as a doctor, and one day when she walked on a street a scary old man approached her and asked her if she's willing to be his wife +o(. Another story came from my aunt who already came home from umrah and she's been warned "if you walk to taxi, be sure your husband entered the taxi first otherwise the taxi driver will take the wife and leave the husband alone outside the taxi". another was a news where a woman in UEA who's a rape victim was punished in jail while the rapists were freed.

However I never go to Arab or UEA myself....so cannot really confirm whether those scary stories are true.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2011, 03:50 PM

I would advise country haters, to go back and look at what youre actually hating. When you talk about hating a country, the most popular thing to mention is what the ones in power are doing, hardly its people. Just because you have nut jobs running the country, doesnt make the country bad. Also, the trend with the media is to highlight the bad (especially of Muslim countries or a country that is not theirs), rather than be fair and show the good. A lot of good also comes out of countries who cares to show that?

Reanalyze what youre actually hating.

Let me give you an example. There are a lot of things I dislike about Pakistanis, generally what some of them do, especially the psycho politicians, does it mean everyones bad? I'm Pakistani yet I can think and feel dislike for a lot them, coz they send out a bad message but I wont say I hate Pakistan. It's not the fault of all the other billions of people living it. We hate being brushed with the same brush, when it comes to Muslims doing something stupid, so why are we doing the same? Has any country ever been void of issues? IF you havent been there, if you havent lived there or met every single human being in that country, what right do we have to speak ill of them? When I dont know something for certain and only hearsay, I refuse to hold an opinion. Simple.

IslamicRevival
12-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Yes, of course its OK. Any sane Muslim hates the Saudi Government for the crimes they have committed. They were COMPLICIT and responsible for the downfall of the ottoman empire and since then they've been exposed to be nothing but Hypocrites. They've neglected the Palestinians, their own people and have supported the wars against Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and all over the world. What kind of Muslim does such a thing? What kind of Muslim Co operates and kisses the backside of murderers such as Bush and Blair?

Flame of Hope
12-31-2011, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Yes, of course its OK. Any sane Muslim hates the Saudi Government for the crimes they have committed.

I believe I'm sane. And a Muslim. But I do not hate the Saudi Government.

esperanza
01-01-2012, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham

I believe I'm sane. And a Muslim. But I do not hate the Saudi Government.
iagree,,, im sane and do not hate the saudi government,,,
i notie mopre posts about saudi than syria and look what there doing

are the saudi government killing innocents idont think so,

give your proof for this hate please

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Makkah

Madina

<3

Scimitar
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by esperanza
false.

Scimi

Periwinkle18
05-08-2012, 01:12 PM
neva been there so i dun really know buh i've heard alot abt it...

Scimitar
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
"Kama Takono, Yawala Alakom", which roughly translates to "You shall be ruled by people who represent you".

"Allah does not change a people, until the people change that which is in their hearts". - Quran.

Scimi

Chaajo
05-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Got it from Facebook:
History was made today! Congrats to these brave Saudi women who climbed Everest to raise awareness for breast cancer. So Proud! A special shout out to my favorite cousin and Hero Reema. thank you for organizing this and for pushing through till the end. you made your country proud today. #saudiwomen #saudipride #breastcancer

MEMBERS of the GROUP: Reema Bint Bandar Bin Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Hatun Madani, Alya Sa'ad, Mona Shahab, Noura Bouzo, Lina Al Meena, Samaher Mously, Asma Al-Ghalib, Mashael AlHegelan, Raha Moharrak and Hasna'a Mokhtar" Keep an eye for these role models. They represent the future.

CosmicPathos
05-18-2012, 12:17 AM

Scimitar
05-18-2012, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Quran: Surah Al-Tawbah/16-22
"Or think ye that ye Shall be abandoned, as though Allah did not know those among you who strive with might and main, and take none for friends and protectors except Allah, His Messenger and the Believers? But Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.

It is not for such as join gods with Allah to visit or maintain the mosques of Allah while they witness against their own souls to infidelity. The works of such bear no fruit: in Fire shall they dwell.

The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance.

Do ye make the giving of drink to pilgrims or the maintenance of the Sacred Mosque, equal to (the pious service of) those who believe in Allah and the Last Day and strive with might and main in the cause of Allah? They are not comparable in the sight of Allah: and Allah guides not those who do wrong.

Those who believe and suffer exile and strive with might and main in Allah's cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah: they are the people who will achieve (salvation).

Their Lord doth give them glad tidings of a Mercy from Himself, of His good pleasure, and of Gardens for them wherein are delights that endure.

They will dwell therein forever. Verily in Allah's presence is a reward the greatest (of all).
... a direct reference to the ruling family in Arabia today? The self appointed custodians of the haramain?

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!