/* */

PDA

View Full Version : process of doing istanja

anonymous
09-08-2011, 09:27 AM
salaam

can someone please outline a quick process of doing istanja, its currtently takeing me ages and its doing my head in, i sometimes spend an hour just going to the loo and then doing istanja

this is what i do
do number 1 or 2
clean myself with tissue
flush toilet
wash hands
clean toilet seat (due to splashes from flush)
flush again
wash hands
clean toilet seat
do istanja
wipe my self with tissue
wash hands

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
09-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Please calm down:hmm: There's no need for you tell us what you do in the loo...and don't stress about this too much. It's gonna be alright lol
First of all being clean in Islam is very important without being clean we can't pray and not praying takes us out of the fold of Islam.

After you use the tissue use a good amount of water to take off all the residue off your skin. Repeat this as many times as you have until you are sparkly clean.

After you are clean, dry yourself and go clean the toilet seat if you have to. Flush and wash your hands.

I don't understand why you flush the toilet so many times.:muddlehea inshaAllah kheyr.

Alpha Dude
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
i. Before you sit on the loo, inspect the seat for anything dirty. Wipe it with a tissue and sit down or if you feel ultra cautious, put a layer of tissue paper over it to sit on.
ii. Do your business.
iii. Clean yourself with tissue then use some kind of watering pot like this to do proper istinja. Some prefer to just use water without the tissue.
iv. Flush toilet.
v. Wash hands.
vi. Leave. :)

Salahudeen
09-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Man I think you're going overboard, no wonder you're in there for so long, Just pop in, sit down, do your business, wipe, wash, dry with tissue paper if you want, get up, put the toilet seat down, flush it, wash your hands and walk out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
09-09-2011, 06:10 AM
An hour is a long time.

You need an iphone 4, will keep you occupied;D

Ramadhan
09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorseeker
You need an iphone 4, will keep you occupied
There is an iphone app for doing istinja'?
:skeleton:

ardianto
09-10-2011, 04:02 PM
In Indonesia we don't use toilet paper. Just water and soap.

Riana17
09-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Salam Alaikkum

There is another interesting find for me too, I dont know about other Muslim men (Or Hadith) but I was amaze to found out Arabs are sitting in the toilet (to PEE) and not standing & washing too, well its common for women to wash but men I know even in hollywood Movies do not wash :p

Ramadhan
09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
There is another interesting find for me too, I dont know about other Muslim men (Or Hadith) but I was amaze to found out Arabs are sitting in the toilet (to PEE) and not standing & washing too, well its common for women to wash but men I know even in hollywood Movies do not wash
Most muslim men I know wash after doing #1 (peeing is #1 right?).
It is sunnah and there's a hadith about it afaik.

Riana17
09-12-2011, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

Most muslim men I know wash after doing #1 (peeing is #1 right?).
It is sunnah and there's a hadith about it afaik.
Salam

That's right, oh it is sunnah? I didnt knew that, shokran for information
I found out about it when I was 16, when we open the bathroom by accident, inlaw was inside;D

sabr*
09-26-2011, 07:18 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

The most disheartening feeling is when people interject their opinions verses providing the dalil (evidence) that is provided in Quran and Sunnah.

Islam has no need for our opinions or how we do things. What Allah has directed and the Sunna of Nabi Muhammad.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

The following is evidence of how the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) answered the call of nature.

Milking the male private without shaking it until the fluid is totally relieved.

All Muslims sit while answering the call of nature.

If a male takes off all garments while answering the call of nature and stands nine of ten times fluids will touch the skin. If you are wearing garments you can not feel it and your garments are being stained.

What Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) said before answering call of nature

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 144:

Narrated Anas:

Whenever the Prophet went to answer the call of nature, he used to say, "Allah-umma inni a'udhu bika minal khubuthi wal khaba'ith i.e. O Allah, I seek Refuge with You from all offensive and wicked things (evil deeds and evil spirits)."

How the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) washed private parts after answering call of nature.

Sahih Buhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 145:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Once the Prophet entered a lavatory and I placed water for his ablution. He asked, "Who placed it?" He was informed accordingly and so he said, "O Allah! Make him (Ibn 'Abbas) a learned scholar in religion (Islam)."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 152:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Whenever Allah's Apostle went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy used to accompany him with a tumbler full of water. (Hisham commented, "So that he might wash his private parts with it.)"

Sahih Sahih Volume 1, Book 4, Number 153:

Narrated Anas:

Whenever Allah's Apostle went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy from us used to go behind him with a tumbler full of water.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 216:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Whenever the Prophet went to answer the call of nature, I used to bring water with which he used to clean his private parts.

Sitting

Not facing the Qibla answering the call of nature

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 147:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

People say, "Whenever you sit for answering the call of nature, you should not face the Qibla or Bait-ulMaqdis (Jerusalem)." I told them. "Once I went up the roof of our house and I saw Allah's Apostle answering the call of nature while sitting on two bricks facing Bait-ul-Maqdis (Jerusalem) (but there was a screen covering him. ' (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 258, Vol. 1).

Using your left hand to touch and clean your private parts.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 156:

Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "Whenever anyone of you makes water he should not hold his penis or clean his private parts with his right hand. (And while drinking) one should not breathe in the drinking utensil ."

IF YOU POST PLEASE INCLUDE EVIDENCE (REFERENCE CITES) FROM QURAN AND THE SUNNAH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SAWS) ON THREAD TOPIC. IT WILL HELP IN THE SPIRIT OF PROVIDING KNOWLEDGE ON THIS RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCE.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!