/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fried food cravings

Salahudeen
09-09-2011, 02:21 AM
I went a whole week without eating fried and other unhealthy foods, then I eventually gave in and went on a binge, eating fries, burgers, southern fried chicken, pizza, this went on for two days!!! it doesn't help being surrounded by people who eat nothing else and eat it in front of you every day :hmm: anyone got any tips on how to avoid giving in to the cravings for junk? I've started again now on my mission to avoid these foods, I notice a difference in how I feel, I feel much healthier and lighter when I don't eat them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-09-2011, 02:36 AM
just don't eat it man!

Riana17
09-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Salam Alaikkum

I avoid fried foods, thinking of oil coming to my body makes me uncomfortable, so when I fry an egg ill just basically wet the pan. The road in front of our house is full of junks too, burger king, applebees, fridays, ruby tuesday, sakura, pizza hut name it all,

My husband & I used to eat this junks and now alhamdollelah, we just visit rarely... his mom would prepare for us or we will choose good & healthy foods over burgers or pizzas,

Well I could understand you Brother, I used to like spaghetti

Now I like sweet watermelon when it's really nice & crunchy I can eat hmm 5kilos?

So I guess it's all in the mind. Find other foods you may like

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-09-2011, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I went a whole week without eating fried and other unhealthy foods, then I eventually gave in and went on a binge, eating fries, burgers, southern fried chicken, pizza, this went on for two days!!! it doesn't help being surrounded by people who eat nothing else and eat it in front of you every day :hmm: anyone got any tips on how to avoid giving in to the cravings for junk? I've started again now on my mission to avoid these foods, I notice a difference in how I feel, I feel much healthier and lighter when I don't eat them.
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Like sis Lilly said, Dont eat it!

If you want to eat it just eat like something once a week, or limit the amount you take slowly. Its like doing exercise and gaining that fat back, thats not very nice, then what's the point of exercise? unless you do that much exercise which burns it all off.

Just grab some fruit and eat it, its a little like missing salaah, if you miss one salaah you feel bad inside, you do exercise and eat a huge burger right after, i'm sure you feel guilty after. Think of it as spiders, imagine everytime your eating the junk just imagine its a real slug or snail infront of you or any other nasty un-edible food. That should hopefully work. Place a bowl of fruit or salad near wherever you sit to eat, maybe make a routine, and do it untill you get used to it.

Another way is to encourage those around you to not buy it, or tell them to not place it infront of you atleast, not eat infront of you. But you know you can have alternatives, try grilled food instead of greasy fried food which sometimes leaves you in a sluggish state.

The rest is up to yourself to decide and take control against. So work hard!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
09-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Salaam,

This will sound gross but imagine the food you are eating as vomit...it works for me.

Ramadhan
09-09-2011, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

This will sound gross but imagine the food you are eating as vomit...it works for me.
oh thanks.
I am eating my dinner as I read this.

noorseeker
09-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Well havin it once a week shoul be ok.

When i have chicken and chips , i feel guilty afterwards, and think it was a waste ,

I like my food, but somehow i dont get the craving

joyous fairy
09-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Maybe think about what it could do to your body: make you fat, block your arteries, more health risks later on in life.

Pure Purple
09-09-2011, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
make you fat, block your arteries, more health risks later on in life.
I eat fatty food mostly,fried foods ,in veg but I eat lots of fruits. Inspite of excessive eating I am underweight.It feels good when you see fat people who restrict eating because of fear of increase in weight.feel jealous.seeing us eating lots of cheese , butter etc..:p
But now I understood It may affect me later on in life.

joyous fairy
09-09-2011, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratulain
I eat fatty food mostly,fried foods ,in veg but I eat lots of fruits. Inspite of excessive eating I am underweight.It feels good when you see fat people who restrict eating because of fear of increase in weight.feel jealous.seeing us eating lots of cheese , butter etc..:p
:nervous: Me too! I am underweight and sometimes I try and eat lots of fried/junk food to gain weight but it never happens. Then I remember it wont be good formy health. I dont know what to do about ny weight then cos gaining weight with healthy food is difficult.

GuestFellow
09-09-2011, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

oh thanks.
Your welcome! :)

I can go into more details if you like?

Salahudeen
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
just don't eat it man!
lol sis when people bring it into your house and eat it in front of you and make "mmmmmmmm this is sooooooo tasty" sounds and you smell the nice smell of it, you get very tempted :p

format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм

As'Salaam Alaaykum

Like sis Lilly said, Dont eat it!

If you want to eat it just eat like something once a week, or limit the amount you take slowly. Its like doing exercise and gaining that fat back, thats not very nice, then what's the point of exercise? unless you do that much exercise which burns it all off.

Just grab some fruit and eat it, its a little like missing salaah, if you miss one salaah you feel bad inside, you do exercise and eat a huge burger right after, i'm sure you feel guilty after. Think of it as spiders, imagine everytime your eating the junk just imagine its a real slug or snail infront of you or any other nasty un-edible food. That should hopefully work. Place a bowl of fruit or salad near wherever you sit to eat, maybe make a routine, and do it untill you get used to it.

Another way is to encourage those around you to not buy it, or tell them to not place it infront of you atleast, not eat infront of you. But you know you can have alternatives, try grilled food instead of greasy fried food which sometimes leaves you in a sluggish state.

The rest is up to yourself to decide and take control against. So work hard!
I think this will work, I will try it inshaAllah, this is very good tip jazakAllah khair, I don't have a problem with weight I'm under weight so I don't have to burn it off, it burns off by itself which makes it harder to resist, but I know it's not good for my heart so wanna stop will defo not eat it I think if I imagine it as spiders ;D

I've tried telling the people around me to not get it, they just go, "stop being so cautious, if it's Allah's will that you get ill you'll get ill even if you eat all the healthy food in the world"

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

This will work I think hehe :)

format_quote Originally Posted by noorseeker
Well havin it once a week shoul be ok.

When i have chicken and chips , i feel guilty afterwards, and think it was a waste ,

I like my food, but somehow i dont get the craving

The cravings come for the taste bro, like cheese burger with salad and maynoise *drools* the tasty skin of southern fried chicken *drools*

format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Maybe think about what it could do to your body: make you fat, block your arteries, more health risks later on in life.
I don't have the weight problem alhamdulilah, I wake up slim every morning no matter how much I eat, but your right, it could be blocking my arteries and cause me to have an heart attack. bad habits eventually catche up with you.

format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratulain

The benefits of having a fast metabolism ey!! well just cos it's not affecting your appearance doesn't mean it's not damaging your insides so try to give it up also :p

Ghazalah
09-09-2011, 09:13 PM
For the temptations of Chicken I have no answer to that because when it's Chicken I can't say no :embarrass

Other than that, I suggest that if it's mainly the people around you then when they're eating, occupy yourself with something so you don't get distracted by their munching. Also have like fruits, snacks like nuts cereal bars, loads of liquid, so it will fill you up and when temptations come calling you won't be hungry.

However you shouldn't just cut it out completely, eat it every now and then, maybe once or twice or week, then cut down slowly. Everytime you cut down replace it with healthy food. Also keep in mind, eat it a balanced diet. Not just all junk, or all vegetables. :giggling:

Abz2000
09-10-2011, 04:25 PM
remember when the sink got blocked and you were using the plunger but it just made gurgling sounds and the water stayed there with fat floating around?

well imagine that's your heart trying to pump your blood through a greasy artery,

Ansariyah
09-10-2011, 04:48 PM
My dad taught me how to make my own ham burgers now i'm a pro at it I never crave burgers from outside. I make my own cheeseburgers, double cheeseburgers, when I crave them.

You know what goes into my minced meat (100 meat) before I make into burger patties, fine chopped/minced onions, garlic, green/red peppers minced corriander.. imagine the aroma, imagine the taste, imagine having a burger like that..soo yummie and it's healthy too. Oh and it's cooked with Olive oil *thumbs up*.

aadil77
09-10-2011, 04:52 PM
eat as much as you want as long as you do some exercise during the week

SFatima
09-10-2011, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
My dad taught me how to make my own ham burgers now i'm a pro at it I never crave burgers from outside. I make my own cheeseburgers, double cheeseburgers, when I crave them.

You know what goes into my minced meat (100 meat) before I make into burger patties, fine chopped/minced onions, garlic, green/red peppers minced corriander.. imagine the aroma, imagine the taste, imagine having a burger like that..soo yummie and it's healthy too. Oh and it's cooked with Olive oil *thumbs up*.
ham burgers??

Ansariyah
09-10-2011, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
ham burgers??
I meant hamburgers, i accidently put a space between the ham and burger.

aadil77
09-10-2011, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
ham burgers??
ham burger is just a name for a burger, can be any meat - doesn't have to be from pork

just like you get turkey bacon

Revert 2010
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I normally eat too much pizza when I'm out, tried to eat fried Chicken and chips(chilli sauce kills me very time lol) but the chips always taste terrible when they go cold. I think a few of the local pigeons have been eating the chips as they are waddling around and I could bearly see one of their beaks the other day. It looked like it was going to explode.;D

Salahudeen
09-11-2011, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Post recipe and step by step instruction please when your not busy one day and have nothing to do. jazakAllah khair :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!