/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How important is Prostrating oneself before Allah during prayer.

Pygoscelis
09-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I have a client who was in a motor vehicle accident and whose injuries have rendered him physically unable to protrate himself before Allah in proper Islamic prayer. He can't do the bowing down part physically. If this happened to you, would you feel a severe loss of spiritual connection to Allah? And if so, how severe? Is it just a matter of inconvenience or is it pivotal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
09-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Nothing happens without the permission of Allah swt. So in that sense I wouldn't feel a loss of a spirtual connection because I know that Allah swt has allowed this to happen to me and there are various other avenues to gain a spiritual connection. However in saying that, the Prophet PBUH did say the closest a person can become to his Lord is during prostration so in that sense I would. But I know if Allah swt took the ability and also blessing of being able to prostate to him away from me, he is either teaching me a lesson to make me realise the importance of sujood, something I take for granted in my life. Or if he has taken away this blessing, then he bless me with something else.

In relation to your question, prostration is of course pivotal, because we do it in our daily prayers which is obligatory. Various Ulama have agreed that if one is no able to stand in Salah then do it sitting, if one is not able to sit, then lie down, if they are unable to pray lying down, then they can pray with their head, if they are unable to do that then they can pray with their eyes.

Ramadhan
09-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Narrated Imran bin Husain may Allah's blessing be upon him: I had piles so i asked the Prophet peace be upon him about Salah (prayer). He said, "Offer salah standing and if you can not do that, offer salah sitting, and if you can not do even that, then offer Salah lying on your side."

[Hadith Bukhari]

Ummshareef
09-11-2011, 07:42 PM
:sl:

I love sajdah soooo much. It is when I feel the closest connection to Allah subhana wa ta'alaa and it just makes me feel so fulfilled. On the face of it, I would be very sad if I were physically unable to do it anymore, but I would try to accept it, insha'allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
You would know the answer if you could just taste the sweetness that arises from bowing your head down in prayer to the creator of the universe, maybe you'll give it a shot one day, but in answering your question, people are different, for some it would be pivotal because the feeling that arises from being able to prostrate to your creator is a feeling that cannot ever be replaced, for others it doesn't mean quite as much, very important but not pivotal to their every day life, in Islam we have concessions for such people who are unable to prostrate, they can pray in other ways, but speaking for myself, I would constantly be craving to prostrate myself and would look forward to the day where I could do it again.

This video might help you

Pygoscelis
09-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Thank you for your responses. It sounds like a significant loss and worth building into the claim. Your posts here have inspired me to call a few muslims to give testimony to this effect and it should generate a bit more money for a fellow with severe back pain (nerve root lesions all up and down the poor guy's back).

gladTidings
09-13-2011, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Thank you for your responses. It sounds like a significant loss and worth building into the claim. Your posts here have inspired me to call a few muslims to give testimony to this effect and it should generate a bit more money for a fellow with severe back pain (nerve root lesions all up and down the poor guy's back).
You can't put no amount of money on it dude.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!