/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Losing my brother :(

Moneeb
09-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Assalam waalakum...My brother, not by Islam or Brotherhood. My older sibling. Today, we were at school and we finish praying Friday prayer and the principal said "Stand up and pray your Sunnah." My brother was near me. I heard him saying he doesnt want to pray Sunnah and he began to pretend to be praying... I was actually shocked! My own big brother pretended to pray Sunnah. He did that because his friends were around him. I never seen him do it at home. I know Sunnah isnt mandatory but I am afraid he will do the same thing in Fard prayer! I have seen some kids talk during prayer and play around while we postrate. I am afraid he will do the same thing too. It hurts me. He is suppose to be a role-model to me...But he isnt. :cry: I dont want him to go astray and being tortured. I want to help him but he doesnt like me telling him what to do and he always try to turn the conversation around or do a funny thing to mess the mood up. I need some advice, brothers. Please! For my sake, my brother's and Allah's, I need advice and support to prevent him going astray. Please. And thank you. May Allah help you and my brother. Inshallah we will return to Him!

Oh, he is buffer and stronger than me because he goes to the gym and he might literally kill me or hurt me. And I told my parents about it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

At this stage of life and society, he is older than yourself so he will think that he knows better and dislikes that his younger brother is telling him what to do, this is something that happens to everyone or atleast common. What he need's is someone older than him and well respected to speak to him about this.

If you see those around you messing around in salaah, please try your best to inform them, be firm and the rest is up to them and make du'aa for them to make it easy.

And just because he's 'buffer' or 'stronger' doesnt give him the right to beat you or think better of himself than you,or not listen to you, in the eyes of Allaah this doesnt matter.

I hope someone can pass on better advice insha'Allaah

aadil77
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Tell him to sort himself out, by pretending to pray he's only fooling the principal and not Allah. If he tries acting hard with you let him know that Allah will deal with him.

Moneeb
09-11-2011, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

At this stage of life and society, he is older than yourself so he will think that he knows better and dislikes that his younger brother is telling him what to do, this is something that happens to everyone or atleast common. What he need's is someone older than him and well respected to speak to him about this.

If you see those around you messing around in salaah, please try your best to inform them, be firm and the rest is up to them and make du'aa for them to make it easy.

And just because he's 'buffer' or 'stronger' doesnt give him the right to beat you or think better of himself than you,or not listen to you, in the eyes of Allaah this doesnt matter.

I hope someone can pass on better advice insha'Allaah

They know they arent suppose to do that. But they dont care like they will be fine when they are older or died. They think that they will go to Jannah because Prophet Muhammad(s) would ask Allah to forgive us and those who made major sins are forgiven but must be tortured then go to Jannah. They should know that they might be tortured forever because of their always continuous same sins.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-11-2011, 01:10 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Moneeb
They know they arent suppose to do that. But they dont care like they will be fine when they are older or died. They think that they will go to Jannah because Prophet Muhammad(s) would ask Allah to forgive us and those who made major sins are forgiven but must be tortured then go to Jannah. They should know that they might be tortured forever because of their always continuous same sins.
If they very well know they aren't suppose to be doing that, then they are wrong, doing a wrong when knowing it's wrong never makes it right. If they dont care, there will certainly come a day when they do care. Tell them about surah Al Iklaas - The sincerety, a believer should be sincere.

If they think that the prophet sallaahu Alaayhi wa salam cried for his ummah, this is because he didn't want anyone to even enter the hellfire at any point. They are taking advantage, and Allaah (swt) dislikes the transgressors! I dont know how a muslim can be classed as even a muslim, it makes me sad to think that anyone would do this, its taking advantage, tell them Allaah knows what's in their hearts. Explain to them that its important to have taqwa, the hellfire is not something that is worth being in even for a second, why would he sallahu alaayhi wa salam have done so much? Explain to them that a sinner is required to repent for his sin with sincerety, with the fear and hope in Allaah. If that is not there, how can he forgive? yet he is the All-mercyful. How can he do his part, when we don't do ours?

If they think like that just tell them, don't pray, don't fast, don't recite Qur'aan, don't do any of that which is required of a believer, since they believe it's so easy to get to jannah! ask them if they saw a helpless child or old person laying on the ground injured who is asking for your help, or by common sense you should help someway, what are you going to do, say you couldn't care less, find out if they have money or anything good that belongs to them, grab it and run of leaving them on the ground helplesslessly? (in other words taking advantage), or are you going to be a man and help them? What if the prophet (saw) hates that one takes advantage of Allaah's mercy? Would you think he would consider helping you on yawmul Qayamah - day of Qayamah? Is not the enemy of Allaah considered our enemy too?

Kindly, explain to them that Allaah loves those who are sincere in their prayer, if he knows what's in their hearts, then he knows whether the person has a good or bad intention when praying or doing anything in life, that bad intention will remain there untill one hasnt repented, but by asking Allaah for forgiveness, insha'Allaah it will be removed. So by having that bad intention there, and knowing its there, how can you be sure Allaah will be pleased with you? He has sent you guidance, act like you are guided.

If repenting is something that requires sincerety, ask them do they have that sincerety to be able to repent?

Do as much as you can possibly do, make du'aa.

If they don't listen to you, ask someone older to get involved.

My advice isnt much of a help so I sincerely hope someone else can reply to you with a good reply.

Riana17
09-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Salam Alaikkum

Allah reward you for loving your brother, I hope you can continue to show him some love and show him how good it feels when you pray, make him jealous :)

Spend lots of time with him so you can influence him, you shouldnt mention that he is not doing right when he dont pray Sunnah, as long as he prays the obligatory then he is not in sin, we dont know if he is showing off that he prays sunnah, maybe he is tired, we cant go to his niyyah, I think Allah has put some responsibility on you to influence him

Do not fear he has big body, we all becomes weak when it comes to our Creator, we are all nothing,

dont be hard on yourself, you are doing fine. Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!