/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Driving

joyous fairy
09-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Assalam Alaykum :statisfie
Ive been learning to drive for quite a while now and have a test coming up soon (make dua that I pass :p ).

Just wanted everybody's opinion on it.

To the drivers:
What do you like about driving? What do you hate about driving? Is the financial aspect of keeping a car worth it (i.e, petrol, parking, insurance, car etc.)? What is your favourite car?

To the non-drivers:
Would you consider learning? If not, what puts you off driving?

Those learning at the moment, answer any questions you wish ;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
09-10-2011, 04:28 PM
The cost of driving is waaaaaayyy too much .

If it isnt the petrol. its the car insurance, which is always going up and never down regardless of how many no claims you have.

I would like to know how insurance works in U.S.A

Any way Inshallah you pass sister

Abz2000
09-10-2011, 05:02 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-10-2011, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Ive been learning to drive for quite a while now and have a test coming up soon (make dua that I pass :p ).

To the drivers:
What do you like about driving? What do you hate about driving? Is the financial aspect of keeping a car worth it (i.e, petrol, parking, insurance, car etc.)? What is your favourite car?

To the non-drivers:

Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam sis

Driving is kool, but once you've been doing it for a long time, feels normal, as a starter its kool, for some it can get boring, believe it or not.

I don't really have a fave car, I just like that I have one atleast..it works well for me alhamdulilaah, so i'm sure it works well for others..if it wasnt for driving I actually knew nothing about cars or any names, they're all weird.

Yeah the insurance can go high esp. if your a young driver..like really high.

now imagine that, a car running on H20 :-\, soon enough they'll have cars running on air..or even in the air

Hope you pass, and it goes well, just dont be too nervous and ask Allaah for help and trust in him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Haya emaan
09-10-2011, 05:36 PM

To the drivers:

To the non-drivers:

walaikum assalam..
may Allah give you success sister..

driving is quite interesting when you are a beginner.. than it goes normal. sometime it becomes boring when you don't want to but you have to..

i drive "aulto" nd i love it..

arabic alphabet
09-10-2011, 06:10 PM
When you drive 25 year old car like me, then it is not a pleasure :hmm:

SFatima
09-10-2011, 07:33 PM
If the driving is too comfortable and the scenery too beautiful, then stay from me cuz I might just hit you :hiding:

I think everyone should learn driving early on in their lives like in teenage, its the best time to learn n pick up on your reflexes.

arabic alphabet
09-10-2011, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
If the driving is too comfortable and the scenery too beautiful, then stay from me cuz I might just hit you :hiding:

I think everyone should learn driving early on in their lives like in teenage, its the best time to learn n pick up on your reflexes.
I agree with you

Ghazalah
09-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Driving is good, I just hate the traffic lol. Also tiny roundabouts, some drivers are so careless when it comes to them.

My fav car Attachment 4325 Kizashi (suzuki)

The car I'm going to get soon inshAllah is the Renault megane coupe. I love the shape :wub:

Lonely Gal
09-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Driving is good and i think its v useful to be a driver for some independance. I like driving but started to hate it when i was doing 2 hr drive to and fro work each wsy, not to mention falling sleep at the wheel!!!
Keeping a car is vvvv expensive i even have to pay to park outside me hOuse!!!

joyous fairy
09-10-2011, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorseeker
I would like to know how insurance works in U.S.A

Any way Inshallah you pass sister
I agree, it is too expensive. For example, if you are going to town to do some shopping or university, it would be much cheaper to catch the bus. It costs £3:40 for an all-day ticket. If I was to take my car, I'd have to pay more than £2 to park and you can only park for 2 hours in certain places and it can cost way more in proper car parks :heated:.
Im not sure about the USA either, maybe a member from there can tell us?
JazakAllah Khair :)
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
Yeah the insurance can go high esp. if your a young driver..like really high.

now imagine that, a car running on H20 :-\, soon enough they'll have cars running on air..or even in the air

Hope you pass, and it goes well, just dont be too nervous and ask Allaah for help and trust in him.
Yep, the insurance is another thing to worry about :hmm:. New drivers have it worse and its confusing with all the insurance companies around.

lol, a car running on air/in the air would be Awesome! InshaAllah we get to see that day :happy:
JazakAllah Khair for the advice :)

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya

walaikum assalam..
may Allah give you success sister..

driving is quite interesting when you are a beginner.. than it goes normal. sometime it becomes boring when you don't want to but you have to..

i drive "aulto" nd i love it..
JazakAllah Khair. lol, I hope I dont get bored of it too quickly, I cant wait to pass and have my own car at the moment. Ill probably realise its not all that soon enough. BTW what is 'Aulto'?

format_quote Originally Posted by arabic alphabet
When you drive 25 year old car like me, then it is not a pleasure :hmm:
Haha, which car do you have? 'OLD IS GOLD' :p

joyous fairy
09-10-2011, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima

lol, There arent many beautiful sceneries around where I live, sadly. And I agree, learning early would also help you become more independant and responsible (for most people at least :p ).

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Driving is good, I just hate the traffic lol. Also tiny roundabouts, some drivers are so careless when it comes to them.

My fav car Attachment 4325 Kizashi (suzuki)

The car I'm going to get soon inshAllah is the Renault megane coupe. I love the shape :wub:
Yeh, dont we all hate traffic. But YOU ARE TRAFFIC TOO :p we tend to forget that part lol. I also hate mini-roundabouts, they are like holes in the road lol.
That is a nice car! The Renault Megane Coupe looks nice too, inshaAllah you can get it soon. My sister really liked the renault megane too, but she doesnt like it that much anymore.

format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
Driving is good and i think its v useful to be a driver for some independance. I like driving but started to hate it when i was doing 2 hr drive to and fro work each wsy, not to mention falling sleep at the wheel!!!
Keeping a car is vvvv expensive i even have to pay to park outside me hOuse!!!
I think its good for independance too. :O Did you really fall asleep at the wheel? I'd hate to have to drive longer than an hour to work. Id just not accept the job lol. Thats just Lazy old me imsad

:O How comes you have to pay to park outside your house? They should give you a free permit at least!

Grofica
09-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I love driving! There is no better feeling of driving down the road with the top of the car down and feeling the air blowing around you... it's an amazing feeling :shade:

aadil77
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
the new megane looks amazing specially the meganesport, but I can't stand front wheel drive cars!

*Yasmin*
09-11-2011, 10:41 AM
wish you the best luck sis :) may Allah ease it for you .. believe in yourself .. the most important thing during the test is controlling your nerves .. try to breath ^^

Driving is cool at the beginning. but it's not that cool later .. when your sibling wake you up to drive them somewhere ^^
and i find it kindda hard and tiring. because in the morning the sun burns me and at night i can hardly see because of the too much dazzling lights!

my fav car is BMW, but meanwhile if i could buy one tire of it i would be so lucky!!!! lol

ardianto
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I love driving ...... !!!

When I was young sometime I drove hundreds kilometers to other cities alone just to enjoy driving. I also drove in sprint rally once, which I did not finish caused by suspension trouble. But I never drove in rally again, it's too expensive for me.

What do I hate about driving ? traffic jam !

In Bandung city where I live, Saturday is known as "Traffic Jam Day" because Saturday is day when thousands cars from Jakarta city come to Bandung and snarl city traffic. But in Sunday they are going to the highland in northern area. (he..he...sorry bro Ramadhan al Jakarta :D)

Haya emaan
09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
BTW what is 'Aulto'?
sorry that was alto.. i m very bad at remembering car names and models..

Attachment 4326

that's the car we have :D

Lonely Gal
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I fell sleep few times at the wheel lucky i didnt crash. After bein made redundant and looking for a house i wasnt in position to be picky and had to accept the job that was offered to me, employment is soooooo hard! Nothings free in this world!!!! Takes the mick though. Insurance, road tax, mot, petrol.... Oh how endless the list is :(

joyous fairy
09-12-2011, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
wish you the best luck sis :) may Allah ease it for you .. believe in yourself .. the most important thing during the test is controlling your nerves .. try to breath ^^

Driving is cool at the beginning. but it's not that cool later .. when your sibling wake you up to drive them somewhere ^^
and i find it kindda hard and tiring. because in the morning the sun burns me and at night i can hardly see because of the too much dazzling lights!

my fav car is BMW, but meanwhile if i could buy one tire of it i would be so lucky!!!! lol
JazakAllah Khair :)

Lol, my sister has been in that situation for years! She is like the family taxi driver :p

Same, I love ferraris and Lambourghinis but I'll never be able to afford one :( I dont mind BMW's either, they are nice.

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I love driving ...... !!!

When I was young sometime I drove hundreds kilometers to other cities alone just to enjoy driving. I also drove in sprint rally once, which I did not finish caused by suspension trouble. But I never drove in rally again, it's too expensive for me.

What do I hate about driving ? traffic jam !

In Bandung city where I live, Saturday is known as "Traffic Jam Day" because Saturday is day when thousands cars from Jakarta city come to Bandung and snarl city traffic. But in Sunday they are going to the highland in northern area. (he..he...sorry bro Ramadhan al Jakarta :D)
Oh that must have been an awesome experience! inshaAllah you get to do it again some time and complete it without any problems.
lol, we have rush hours every morning and evening, theres no escaping traffic around here, unless you go on Sunday or go to some unknown roads (very rare :p )
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
sorry that was alto.. i m very bad at remembering car names and models..

Attachment 4326

that's the car we have :D
Haha, no worries! Im bad at remembering names too :nervous:. I love the Honda civic R series, its my favourite AFFORDABLE car but I dont think I'll be able to have it as a first car imsad
I fell sleep few times at the wheel lucky i didnt crash. After bein made redundant and looking for a house i wasnt in position to be picky and had to accept the job that was offered to me, employment is soooooo hard! Nothings free in this world!!!! Takes the mick though. Insurance, road tax, mot, petrol.... Oh how endless the list is :(
:omg: They must have been bad experiences. Alhamdulillah nothing bad has happened. I know what you mean about the job thing though. I am currently looking for work and have been for nearly a year! I suppose if you find a good enough one, then the commute is worth it. As soon as I pass inshaAllah, I will look for jobs in other places but because Im not an experienced driver yet, I wont be willing to go further than about 40 minutes drive. :hmm:

IslamicRevival
09-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Good luck with your test, Im sure you'll fly through it

Lonely Gal
09-12-2011, 06:53 AM
InshAllah u will pass.
Remember to relax. Doesnt matter if u stall as long as your calm and move on swiftly. Dont let the other drivers intimidate u.
If your struggling to do a parrallel park or reverse or anything for that matter, stop. Take a deep breath, think what u need to do and then begin but take your time.

*Yasmin*
09-12-2011, 06:54 AM
JazakAllah Khair

Lol, my sister has been in that situation for years! She is like the family taxi driver

Same, I love ferraris and Lambourghinis but I'll never be able to afford one I dont mind BMW's either, they are nice
wjazaki Allahu khayran sis =)
lol , may Allah help your sister.. i can feel her ^.^ once my dad felt like he's a taxi driver .. so he said i'll hang a taxi sign on the roof and put the timetable lol

who knows, you may be able to have one in the future^^

Lonely Gal
09-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Oh When i say take your time only to a certain degree cos u can get done for slowing other drivers up

Riana17
09-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Salam

I am not against driving, but I don't drive. First I dont need it, my husband although not fan of driving takes me anywhere I need to and company provides lots of transport

I wish I drive but I just delete things I dont need in my life, its good opportunity a 2004 Audi of 65KM is just 4000$ here or a good 2006 4x4 Toyota for just 6000$ and petrol oh wow its almost free, you can say 7-8liters of petrol for just a dollar

Kuwaiti's are so wealthy, they are changing cars like changing their mobile (yearly or once every other year, this is reason of drop in price)

I am not driving because I don't need it and we are worst in the world for road accident, wow can't believe a small country like this. On the other hand, my husband express his disappointment of men teasing women on the road and they would race & court her on the road haha, new idea for men ha?

Allah bless us

ardianto
09-12-2011, 10:35 AM
lol, a car running on air/in the air would be Awesome! InshaAllah we get to see that day
Flying cars had been created since the middle of 20th century, but only in prototype, not in mass production that for sale to the consumers.

Run on ground is different than fly in the air. When a car that runs on the ground (road) get a trouble, the driver can stop it on the roadside. But when a car that flies in the air get a trouble ?. If this car is landing on the wasteland, no problem. But if this car is landing in the house living room ?.

Sis, after you get your driver license, do you want to have a car ?. Always check your car regularly to car service station.

joyous fairy
09-14-2011, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Good luck with your test, Im sure you'll fly through it
JazakAllah Khair :D InshaAllah.

InshAllah u will pass.
Remember to relax. Doesnt matter if u stall as long as your calm and move on swiftly. Dont let the other drivers intimidate u.
If your struggling to do a parrallel park or reverse or anything for that matter, stop. Take a deep breath, think what u need to do and then begin but take your time.

JazakAllah Khair. I feel that you are right about stopping. I dont know what could happen on the day. Sometimes when I am practicing the corner reverse, I do it perfectly and sometimes it goes completely wrong! Same with the parallel parking :heated: I dont know what it is :hmm:
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*

wjazaki Allahu khayran sis =)
lol , may Allah help your sister.. i can feel her ^.^ once my dad felt like he's a taxi driver .. so he said i'll hang a taxi sign on the roof and put the timetable lol

who knows, you may be able to have one in the future^^
Lol. My dad used to be a taxi driver too :p

Oh When i say take your time only to a certain degree cos u can get done for slowing other drivers up
Lol! INshaAllah that doesnt happen in my test.

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam

I am not against driving, but I don't drive. First I dont need it, my husband although not fan of driving takes me anywhere I need to and company provides lots of transport

I wish I drive but I just delete things I dont need in my life, its good opportunity a 2004 Audi of 65KM is just 4000$ here or a good 2006 4x4 Toyota for just 6000$ and petrol oh wow its almost free, you can say 7-8liters of petrol for just a dollar

Kuwaiti's are so wealthy, they are changing cars like changing their mobile (yearly or once every other year, this is reason of drop in price)

I am not driving because I don't need it and we are worst in the world for road accident, wow can't believe a small country like this. On the other hand, my husband express his disappointment of men teasing women on the road and they would race & court her on the road haha, new idea for men ha?

Allah bless us
Oh, if I had my own driver, I would still drive for pleasure :p But I understand what you mean. Wow, petrol is so expensive here, the prices go up all the time! That is one of the disadvantages of driving. Lol, Im always hearing comments abut women being bad drivers! Pretty sad considering they are the ones who stick to the rules :hiding:

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Flying cars had been created since the middle of 20th century, but only in prototype, not in mass production that for sale to the consumers.

Run on ground is different than fly in the air. When a car that runs on the ground (road) get a trouble, the driver can stop it on the roadside. But when a car that flies in the air get a trouble ?. If this car is landing on the wasteland, no problem. But if this car is landing in the house living room ?.

Sis, after you get your driver license, do you want to have a car ?. Always check your car regularly to car service station.
Yes, you are right. But I suppose there is less chance of a collision while in the air?

Yes, I do want to have a car, but at first I will probably end up sharing with my sister. I cannot afford one at the moment, but inshaAllah in a year or so I will :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!