/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prayer in bathroom

anonymous
09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
ASALAAMU ALAYKUM hi

what do u do when dhuhr starts and ends while u are in class. can someone skip class and pray in the bathroom if they don't know where to pray? is your prayer invalid when you pray in the bathroom? If it is invalid, is it better than missing the prayer? Meaning I won't get sinned for missing prayer because i did pray? I don't know where to pray at school. please help. asap.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Your prayer will not be valid even if you have a good intention to pray in the bathroom unless you are not aware, but its something that everyone knows, and so do you. As you mentioned whether you will be a sinner. You do know people will be using the bathroom at any time. Salaah is to be performed in a pure and clean place. You worship your creature in purety i.e. by performing wudhu/ablution, why would you think its okay to perform salah in a dirty place?

There should be a prayer room at your school or ask for an empty room, they will provide you with one inshaa'Allaah

anonymous
09-10-2011, 05:25 PM
asalaamu alaykum jazaki Allahu khayr i dont think it is okay to pray in the bathroom but is it true if you have no choice should u pray in it? or is it better to combine dhuhr and asr.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-10-2011, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
asalaamu alaykum jazaki Allahu khayr i dont think it is okay to pray in the bathroom but is it true if you have no choice should u pray in it? or is it better to combine dhuhr and asr.
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Wa iyaakum

Check this inshaa'Allaah

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/153572/bathroom

It is mentioned you can pray anywhere..except the bathroom i.e. unclean place or graveyards..

But your situation is not such as of in the link I posted where you are completely unable to pray, you may pray in the hallway when classes start, so its empty or anywhere private that you feel comfortable,inshaa'Allaah..what I mean it is certainly not something recommended.

Combining salaah is an option, but I hope that someone can clarify this for you even more.. please be patient for a better reply.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
09-10-2011, 08:08 PM
how can you even think of praying in the bathroom, it would be a massive insult to God

and how can duhr start and finish during lessons? no one has more than 2 hours of lessons at a time, just go and find an empty corridor or classroom where you can pray

anonymous
09-10-2011, 09:03 PM
asalaamu alaykum because class starts at 12 and ends at 1:30 then u must go to the next class. right now dhuhr is like 1:30 to almost 5 so i have a lot of time to go home at almost 3:25 and arrive home and do dhuhr but in the winter it will be 12 something until 2:30 mostly because of daylight saving time. n im too scared to pray in the halls because the kids do bad things .i will just have to talk to the princiapl i guess nd i forgot about shayateen in bethrooms i saw somewhere that u can pray there if there isnt any other place so i thought idint knew it was an insult. to God

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
asalaamu alaykum because class starts at 12 and ends at 1:30 then u must go to the next class. right now dhuhr is like 1:30 to almost 5 so i have a lot of time to go home at almost 3:25 and arrive home and do dhuhr but in the winter it will be 12 something until 2:30 mostly because of daylight saving time. n im too scared to pray in the halls because the kids do bad things .i will just have to talk to the princiapl i guess nd i forgot about shayateen in bethrooms i saw somewhere that u can pray there if there isnt any other place so i thought idint knew it was an insult. to God
No there are certainly places to perform your salaah. I remember when I was working at this place, and they had no prayer rooms, I asked them for permission to pray in an empty room, and they smiled and gave me a quite praying room area alhamdulilaah. So if you could kindly ask a teacher, principal whoever you will, ask them to provide an empty room for you, where nobody will come in, and it takes only like 5 mins to pray.

Also the fact you have to understand, what is the point of performing wudhu, cleaning yourself for prayer, when your just to going to end up praying in a dirty place? I mean if you were even to pray in a room you'd ensure its clean atleast. If it makes salaah invalid without wudhu, how is it valid praying in a dirty place. The whole earth is a place to pray, meaning there are plenty of places to pray already for you as long as they are clean. Allaah has made it easy on you, dont make it hard for yourself.

I dont understand, is there like no prayer room involved? All schools, colleges i've been to always had one.

anonymous
09-10-2011, 09:24 PM
aslaamu alaykum i think will have to combine prayers if they dont have a room for me and it seems this way also this school is over 40 yrs old and there isnt much muslims around so imagine 40 yrs ago in the 70s. i dont see an empty room

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-10-2011, 10:13 PM
aslaamu alaykum i think will have to combine prayers if they dont have a room for me and it seems this way also this school is over 40 yrs old and there isnt much muslims around so imagine 40 yrs ago in the 70s. i dont see an empty room
Insha'Allaah they provide you with an empty room. And as far as I am aware combining prayers is usually out of necessity, like when your travelling, sickness, fear for oneself or for ones property etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!