PDA

View Full Version : Let us continue the healing.....



flowergarden
09-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Salaam Alakium,
Well my post has been closed and it was a good thing because it went off topic to my original post. It is sad to see the thread closed considering it was helping me allot.

Well let me go back to where I wanted it to go! Sometimes I feel like the past is hunting me, I feel like no matter what I do, all the good deeds I do, I will always fall short. It makes it hard for me to heal, it makes it hard for me to keep the faith going. Sometimes I feel like it is post traumatic stress, but sometimes I just feel like it is me, that I am being punished.

I am trying really hard in life. I just don't feel like I am completely happy. I am 22 years old and I find it weird that no one man has asked for my hand, well there was one but he wasn't for me. It makes me feel like I am not worthy. what makes it harder is my parents want me to finish college before I get married. To them they believe that I won't finish school if I get married. But to me I just don't feel like no man would want me, so many of you have helped me, but this feeling always lingers and it hurts. What hurts the most, is the fact that I always feel like a man will deserve better that me, that he deserve to be with someone better merely for my mistakes and past. I know the past is the past, but I can't forgive myself, I know today I am not the person I was in the past, but I just wish I wasn't like I am, so hard on myself! :heated:

sometimes I feel proud of myself that I took a horrible situation and made it something to heal others, rather you are a female or male. And of course I feel like the past made me who I am today.



so what nice advice and healing words would you like to share with me now? :)

For viewers who are reading this for the first time the back ground story is
: " I am a female, educated women, I am starting Law school soon. When I was 14 I was a survivor of a rape, I thankfully fought until I broke free and I still am a virgin. However, since than I wasn't the same, I lost faith for a long time. When I was 18 I met a man, I cared for him, he made me believe he was going to marry me. after two years of a promise, he broke me mentally, manipulated me, and and I sinned, I don't want to do into details. Anyways after months he left me via text message. I was heart broken. He explained his family wants him to marry a Yemeni and not me anymore... I was hurt, devastated from what I did... I lost hope, and sadly lost faith... I fell into the hands of 3 men.... but it didn't lead to anything. I am still ashamed and have been since than. I have sincerely repented everyday. imsad.There is not a day where I ask Allah to forgive me. This all happened in the years of 2007 to 2009, I was not very religious than... I know the reason this all happened with me sinning was because of the rape. I know it is because I lost my self esteem and did not seek consoling that when a man l cared for me, I was happy and vulnerable. I know that is wrong, but I went through something hard, and didn't seek help. I am change and have learned from my mistakes BIG TIME.
Today, I am changed. I have repented. I learned to pray, I am in Law school, I am and always have been a sweet and kind heart girl, I don't hurt anyone even the people who hurt me. I cry every day because of my mistakes. Recently, I know a man who is asking for my hand whom I care dearly for... I know he was in a relationship before but it didn't work out.. I care so much about him, I wouldn't let anyone or anything hurt him. I truly love him for the sake of Allah. But I am scared because I don't know if I am a bad girl for him?!

If you (a muslim man) knew about this would you marry me? Would you forget the past and see I am sincere to my religion and love Allah so much and repent? I really need help healing, because everyday I wake up and sleep to this thought of him walking alway because of my hardship past... I am so scared I won't ever be happy! I am so scared I will never find a good muslim man to marry me... and most of all I want to marry him, he is the one I care for and see as the father of my children. I need help knowing I will be forgiven for my actions knowing I am remorseful to the point I am killing myself with regret and tears. IstarferAllah. <br><br>To add, I did sin but I remain a virgin. Help em know I am still a good Muslim women, help me see the truth! Please tell me if you knew me would you marry one like me or walk away?"
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
09-11-2011, 02:56 AM
:sl:

First to post in the new thread. Go, me!

Let's try it again:

I am 35 and have never been close to being married. I've never even had a girlfriend. My longest "relationship" lasted 2 months and it was full of more drama than I ever wanted. Being still single at 22 is nothing. I wish I was still 22 and knew everything that I know now. I have learned so much about myself just in the last year or so.

To answer your question (which I'm not sure that I ever did in the other thread) yes, I would marry you in this situation. The past is the past. It has no bearing on today. It means nothing today. I know all about not feeling worthy. Even now I do not feel worthy of any woman, Muslim or not. I need to become a better man. That much is clear to me now. I learned this week that I still have a long way to go before I can be the kind of man that I am supposed to be.

It is a process that takes time. It won't happen overnight. This is something that you have to understand. I know that you want an instant fix, but that is not realistic. I have had to learn that for myself. I will not change overnight, and neither will you. It's a lifelong process.

Anyway, if this guy really cares about you, then he won't care about your past. If he does, then he's not the kind of guy that you really want or need.
Reply

Salahudeen
09-11-2011, 03:15 AM
One person bringing the thread down? I'm sorry but this is a public forum where all are welcome to voice their opinion, if you do not like their opinion, or you disagree with their opinion, then that doesn't mean they're "jack asses" or they're bringing the spirit down, part of being an adult is learning that people will disagree with your opinion and how a person handles that difference of opinion says a lot about their character.

It's part and parcel of life that people will disagree with you, that doesn't mean they're bad people or they're view is incorrect or your view is wrong, it just means we're all individuals who have opinions based upon the experiences we've been through in life and we should learn to respect each other despite our difference of opinions and not jump on each other and call each other names.

If you can not take the fact that people will disagree with you then you should not engage in discussion with them in the first place and just ignore their posts.

And may I remind all that we are brothers and sisters, and we should be soft with one another. I think it's highly unfair to jump on a person because he has differing views, you will never bring a person round to your view if you are harsh/disrespectful with them.

And in case you're wondering why I'm butting in, well, I was also accused of "bringing the spirit down" at school when I disagreed with my friends about smoking, I was also called a "jack ass" when I disagreed with them about womanising, now this was when I was in school and I was disagreeing with 15-16 year olds, so perhaps we show our maturity on this forum and demonstrate that we can disagree with people respectfully.


And I remind myself of the above first and foremost.
Reply

flowergarden
09-11-2011, 05:57 AM
First is first, Salaam Alakium Salahudeen.

Second I respect everyone's opinion, but when someone is asking for help, why change the subject to your want and be selfish?
Let me make on thing clear, I am NOT here to ague and when I posted that thread I stickily made it for people to HELP me!!! Not for anyone to talk about women and their duties in the kitchen.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Eric H
09-11-2011, 06:52 AM
greetings and peace be with you flowergarden;
I know the past is the past, but I can't forgive myself,
None of us will ever achieve salvation by our own efforts, rather we depend on the mercy and forgiveness of Allah. Somehow we have to trust that Allah can forigive us, and if Allah forgives, then we should also strive to accept his mercy and allow ourselves to be forgiven.

If you pray for the man who tried to rape you, if you strive to find it in your heart that you can forgive him all the hurt he has caused you, then you might start a healing process.

You are in my prayers,

Every blessing be with you.

Eric
Reply

flowergarden
09-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi Eric,

thank you for your reply!!

Actually I have forgiven the man who rape me, it was brutal and I wake up remembering something else everyday, but I also see that had I not been raped I don't think I would be the person I am today.

I just can't forgive myself for the mistakes I made because I choose not to go into colunsoling and become vulnerable and made mistakes! imsad
Reply

Riana17
09-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Salam Alaikkum

Sister Flowergarden, we are by your side and Allah is Most Just. He would punish such people who let you down if they don't repent. People who are proud and thinks they are 'something', they are not helping at all but Allah will close their eyes and ears, they call it misguided.

Let's try to focus on your problem and block who responds far from the thread's subject. Many people are willing to help you here, just ignore those you think are nothing but pain.
Reply

noorseeker
09-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Sister your previous thread was closed for a reason, through no fault of your own.

5 hours after you posted , I see you spent quite a long time replying to someone who did not agree to you.

So you see where i am coming from, it will start all over again, and will make you feeling more crap

Answer to your question, YES i would marry someone that has been through your position ,khalas
Reply

flowergarden
09-11-2011, 08:40 AM
LOL noorseeker, exactly why at the end I wrote it should be close...

I wrote a big response because I got fed up! And another thing, I don't care if you don't agree with me, but what did I write on the previous post for anyone to not agree with?! I was seeking advice. But those peolple changed the subject to something that didn't matter! I'm sure you'd feel the same way if it were your post. But jazakallah khair!

Jazak Allah Khair...

Thank you too dear sister Riana! You're right.
Reply

flowergarden
09-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by flowergarden
I don't care if you don't agree with me
"you" as in anyone or someone
Reply

noorseeker
09-11-2011, 08:45 AM
sis you just quoted yourself ;D
Reply

flowergarden
09-11-2011, 08:46 AM
;D
I know I need to clear my self up so no one got hurt or thought it was directed to them hehe
Reply

noorseeker
09-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Well Inshallah i hope it all goes for you well.

and you find a good husband , they are around, you just got look for em ;D
Reply

ardianto
09-11-2011, 03:42 PM
One lesson that I have learned in life.

When people give us negative comment, they say it loudly and long. In example, if we are failed in an attempt, some people tell us loudly "That's what I have said !! you would be fail !! because you could never do anything properly !! you are..blah..blah..blah..!!!".

But when other people give us constructive advice they say it in sound that almost like a whisper and usually short. In example "It's OK, you were failed today, but you can do better next time".

Unfortunately, when we hear the negative comment and the constructive advice simultaneously, many of use focus on the negative comment and forget the constructive advice. But this is something that can be understood, because the words that loud and long are more audible than short whisper.

Focus on negative comment and forget the constructive advice will makes us regard ourselves as 'low person', and later we will lose our motivation to do better. Different than if we focus on constructive advice and ignore the negative comment. This will revive our spirit to do our best, and InshaAllah, we will get the better future.

Sister Flowergarden, I know you have heard some or maybe many negative comments about you. But I am sure, you also have heard some constructive advices that aimed at you. My question, will you focus on negative comments and let yourself 'going down', or you will focus on constructive advices that will revive your spirit ?.


I am waiting for an answer from my strong and brave sister. :)
Reply

Who Am I?
09-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Salahudeen
One person bringing the thread down? I'm sorry but this is a public forum where all are welcome to voice their opinion, if you do not like their opinion, or you disagree with their opinion, then that doesn't mean they're "jack asses" or they're bringing the spirit down, part of being an adult is learning that people will disagree with your opinion and how a person handles that difference of opinion says a lot about their character.

It's part and parcel of life that people will disagree with you, that doesn't mean they're bad people or they're view is incorrect or your view is wrong, it just means we're all individuals who have opinions based upon the experiences we've been through in life and we should learn to respect each other despite our difference of opinions and not jump on each other and call each other names.

If you can not take the fact that people will disagree with you then you should not engage in discussion with them in the first place and just ignore their posts.

And may I remind all that we are brothers and sisters, and we should be soft with one another. I think it's highly unfair to jump on a person because he has differing views, you will never bring a person round to your view if you are harsh/disrespectful with them.

And in case you're wondering why I'm butting in, well, I was also accused of "bringing the spirit down" at school when I disagreed with my friends about smoking, I was also called a "jack ass" when I disagreed with them about womanising, now this was when I was in school and I was disagreeing with 15-16 year olds, so perhaps we show our maturity on this forum and demonstrate that we can disagree with people respectfully.


And I remind myself of the above first and foremost.
:sl:

Brother, you're one of my favorite people here. I just want you to know that.

I used to be a huge jackass. I was the biggest jerk I could be to anyone everyone. I thought it made me "cooler" to be "that guy". I developed a reputation as the guy who was a total dick to everyone and who hated everything. I fed off of that. That anger was what kept me going. In some ways it still does, but I try not to be as much of a jackass anymore.

My friends have noticed the change and have even remarked at times that "they want the old me back." The me who used to drink, smoke, and was angry about everything. I had a rant for everything, about why something sucked, about why this person was an idiot, etc.

About a month, I found some old sound files on my computer that I had forgotten about. I listened to them and I remembered that night. I was really drunk one night long ago and went off on Muslims and Islam. I said some really angry and hurtful things. Of course my friends all thought I was being really hilarious and told me so. I feel ashamed of that whenever I think about it.

I contemplated deleting those files, but I kept them, as a reminder of who I once was and of who I don't want to be anymore.

So now I'm just the Angry White Guy on here, without the alcohol. Aren't you guys lucky? ;D

Just to keep it on topic, this is for sister flowergarden. You'll be fine, dear. You have more strength than you realize.
Reply

Riana17
09-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by ardianto
One lesson that I have learned in life.

When people give us negative comment, they say it loudly and long. In example, if we are failed in an attempt, some people tell us loudly "That's what I have said !! you would be fail !! because you could never do anything properly !! you are..blah..blah..blah..!!!".

But when other people give us constructive advice they say it in sound that almost like a whisper and usually short. In example "It's OK, you were failed today, but you can do better next time".

Unfortunately, when we hear the negative comment and the constructive advice simultaneously, many of use focus on the negative comment and forget the constructive advice. But this is something that can be understood, because the words that loud and long are more audible than short whisper.

Focus on negative comment and forget the constructive advice will makes us regard ourselves as 'low person', and later we will lose our motivation to do better. Different than if we focus on constructive advice and ignore the negative comment. This will revive our spirit to do our best, and InshaAllah, we will get the better future.

Sister Flowergarden, I know you have heard some or maybe many negative comments about you. But I am sure, you also have heard some constructive advices that aimed at you. My question, will you focus on negative comments and let yourself 'going down', or you will focus on constructive advices that will revive your spirit ?.


I am waiting for an answer from my strong and brave sister. :)
Salam Alaikkum

Subhanallah you are truly gifted
You can shut any argument with your disposition

Mashallah its so rare to see people who stand with the right thing 'properly'. Allah bless you Brother, Allah bless you

I would vote for you as Moderator, Administrator of this forum, I do not like to embarass you with all these compliments, but you just deserve and I cnt help but tell that I need to remember people like you and learn alot from you, inshallah,

you are in my Duaa, you, your wife and your family,
Reply

noorseeker
09-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Riana17
ardianto
Yes you speak wise words Mashallah
Reply

Galaxy
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
:sl:

You have already committed the sins and you have no choice but to accept the past. Allaah is Most-Forgiving and Merciful and you have repented for your sins. You don't have to tell your husband of your sin. You can get through this as there are many people who are in worse situations and managed to pull through. Actually, you are very lucky that Allaah has guided you back to Islaam and that you have education, food, water, shelter, etc. with every harship there is ease.
Reply

Salahudeen
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by flowergarden
First is first, Salaam Alakium Salahudeen.

Second I respect everyone's opinion, but when someone is asking for help, why change the subject to your want and be selfish?
Let me make on thing clear, I am NOT here to ague and when I posted that thread I stickily made it for people to HELP me!!! Not for anyone to talk about women and their duties in the kitchen. Now mr.salahudeen, I am a law student, I have to hear others opinions all the time and I love it... BUT when someone comes in to a thread that I wrote for only the subject matter of helping me to heal because I am going through alot, how dare you tell me I don't have the right to say someone brought the spirt down... think about it clearly brother. It went from everyone getting along, to cooking (which was fine), Than it went to women being in the kitchen, at first I was fine with it, but when I am asking brothers and sisters a question to help me because I didn't know where to go and I only got 3 responses to the help and the rest was about women going in the kitchen than how do you think I felt?! Yes I felt the sprite went down, because everyone was now talking about something and ignoring the reality of the question!

I did ignore their post, but when I ask someone to please stop posting as their post are always offensive not only to me but to others than I have the right to say somehthing... But than agian it was my story, my account and I don't need any more drama in this life. I came here to seek peace of mind not any one to tell me what to think, believe,






Sir, you don;t know me, you do not know my charter, and you do not know my personality. You do not know they fact that I always have to disagree with someone BUT when I came to a forum for help to seek guidance and I get someone out of nowhere starting fights than of course it is bring the sprite down. I made this NEW forum so I can get NEW NICE stories of motivation and kind words!


Please stop assuming I think people on the thread were bad, I never said that!! I merely said their words in previous post were hurtful and they were deleted by the moderators. so it was not only me who thought it was irreverent to bring about such sour subjects in a beautifully advice filling thread.




Me being harsh? I had people posting "ewww you were raped?" I had people saying your not muslim I had one person message me I was a bad girl and not a muslim. You have no clue what I have been through sir, I came on this site to seek guidance not fight about if a women should be in the kitchen or what her "job" is. I cam on here so when I get a break from my studies than I can come here and have guidance.
ANd you sir are the reason I have decided to leave this site because I have lost faith in getting any more help. I thought for the first 2 week it was perfect than I had hateful messages, and I had people making women oppressed on a thread that was about a women who was raped and made mistakes.


I never call any one a such a profane word, I don't use that language, and I don't mind people disagree with me, but when it is on an appropriate thread. If someone wrote on the older post I don't think you deserve a marriage blah blah blah- yeah it would hurt but I would accept their opinion and NOT fight them... but it geared to a wrong and irrelevant subject and I have every right to stop it! end of story

I understand you sir, but you have to understand me when I don't want to come on here having people call me names, say "Well done to you on being an 'independent WORKING WOMEN', do you want a medal? " I worked so hard to get where I am, and I don't need any one telling me I am bad because I made a few mistakes, because I was raped, I don't need anyone to make me out to be a immature women because I don't need to hear a man wanting a women who caters him on my thread that I strictly wanted about motivation, healing, advice, and etc....

Now I can tell you the same thing, Sister Aisha wrote that would not be tolerated so why do you come on here and tell me all this.

I did not disagree with anyone until I got harassed. I didn't care about what any person thought about women until they oppressed them... so please don't bring this subject out anymore.

I thank you for your reply, but I do not praise you for you assuming what my charter is or knowing me in the merest. I don't need a lecture on listening to other opinion as I do know how to and love to, I thank you much for the reminder kind sir, but again, but when one person say rude and mean things to me and if you knew what they were than you can tell me, but until your in my shoes I don't see a point!

I made a new thread to get more help only to get the same thing!
You don't see how this is haraam do you, you didn't say anything to me that I didn't already know, nor that healed me, you assumed who I was.. so much for"let's continue the healing"

I respect you, but please don't start anything, I just am asking for something simple. I am sure your a nice man and intentions are fine, but I didn't say anything wrong... ma'salaam!
Jazak Allah Khair.
I believe this thread should be closed!
It seems you completely missed the point of my post and went off on a defensive tanget, i'm not sure why, please don't take my post as an attack against you or your charachter. Some words of my post wern't related to you and had nothing to do with you, but you took all my post as referring to you when it wasn't, some parts were a general reminder for everyone including myself.
Reply

Eric H
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Greetings and peace be with you flowergarde;

Originally Posted by flowergarden
Hi Eric,

thank you for your reply!!

Actually I have forgiven the man who rape me, it was brutal and I wake up remembering something else everyday, but I also see that had I not been raped I don't think I would be the person I am today.

I just can't forgive myself for the mistakes I made because I choose not to go into colunsoling and become vulnerable and made mistakes! imsad
if you have forgiven the man who tried to rape you, then you will also come to terms with forgiving yourself, we are often harder on ourselves than we are on others.

Healing is a slow process always one day at a time, we pray for the peace, serenity and strength to get through this day and every day, always one day at a time knowing that our God holds us in the palm of his hand.

Our God wants us to achieve salvation, he will not place a burden on any of us that we cannot carry. The more you trust this to be true, the more you will be healed.

In many towns there are help groups for women who have suffered in the same kind of way as you have. You may find forums for victims of attempted rape on the internet. Maybe you are in a position to help others who have suffered, when you strive to help others you also help to heal yourself.

Blessings

Eric
Reply

flowergarden
09-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Salahudeen
It seems you completely missed the point of my post and went off on a defensive tanget, i'm not sure why, please don't take my post as an attack against you or your charachter. Some words of my post wern't related to you and had nothing to do with you, but you took all my post as referring to you when it wasn't, some parts were a general reminder for everyone including myself.
JazakAllah Khair, I am sorry for misunderstand brother please forgive me. I didn't want any subject to start anything new again!

Jazak Allah Khair and may Allah's peace and blessing be upon you!
Reply

flowergarden
09-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Eric H
if you have forgiven the man who tried to rape you, then you will also come to terms with forgiving yourself, we are often harder on ourselves than we are on others.

Healing is a slow process always one day at a time, we pray for the peace, serenity and strength to get through this day and every day, always one day at a time knowing that our God holds us in the palm of his hand.

Our God wants us to achieve salvation, he will not place a burden on any of us that we cannot carry. The more you trust this to be true, the more you will be healed.

In many towns there are help groups for women who have suffered in the same kind of way as you have. You may find forums for victims of attempted rape on the internet. Maybe you are in a position to help others who have suffered, when you strive to help others you also help to heal yourself.

Blessings

Eric
Peace and blessings be upon you brother Eric,
I really hope the healing process will be fast, it seems like I have been trying and trying but only achieved very little. But you are right. And I thank you for your kind and healing words they mean a lot to me!

As for;
Originally Posted by Eric H
Maybe you are in a position to help others who have suffered, when you strive to help others you also help to heal yourself.
I choose law because of the incident, I hope to help women and men in situation to seek justice and help them heal. As I did not take the advantage of seeking cousoling, I would highly recommend that to other survivors.
Blessings upon you brother~:)
Reply

flowergarden
09-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by ardianto
One lesson that I have learned in life.

When people give us negative comment, they say it loudly and long. In example, if we are failed in an attempt, some people tell us loudly "That's what I have said !! you would be fail !! because you could never do anything properly !! you are..blah..blah..blah..!!!".

But when other people give us constructive advice they say it in sound that almost like a whisper and usually short. In example "It's OK, you were failed today, but you can do better next time".

Unfortunately, when we hear the negative comment and the constructive advice simultaneously, many of use focus on the negative comment and forget the constructive advice. But this is something that can be understood, because the words that loud and long are more audible than short whisper.

Focus on negative comment and forget the constructive advice will makes us regard ourselves as 'low person', and later we will lose our motivation to do better. Different than if we focus on constructive advice and ignore the negative comment. This will revive our spirit to do our best, and InshaAllah, we will get the better future.

Sister Flowergarden, I know you have heard some or maybe many negative comments about you. But I am sure, you also have heard some constructive advices that aimed at you. My question, will you focus on negative comments and let yourself 'going down', or you will focus on constructive advices that will revive your spirit ?.


I am waiting for an answer from my strong and brave sister.
Salaam Brother ardianto,
Any time I hear from you, I can feel wiser and better educated. And I thank you for the time and patience! I guess after hearing all the negative comments and than having another comment which scared me of closing the thread again, I just couldn't take it longer.


Originally Posted by ardianto
Sister Flowergarden, I know you have heard some or maybe many negative comments about you. But I am sure, you also have heard some constructive advices that aimed at you. My question, will you focus on negative comments and let yourself 'going down', or you will focus on constructive advices that will revive your spirit ?.
I will defiantly keep my heart and mind on the adive that has been giving. But I will admitt, as brother Eric said we are naturally hard on ourselves, so once I hear somone say something rude, or just horrible/negagitve than I just look at than but in the back of my mind I am saying "don't worry so many other brothers and sisters are on your side go back and look at their advice, and I do! I just need to always remind myself.

I need to learn better and not take everything to heart and I have a lot. I used to always take everything to heart now, I just need to rid myself of the negative and remember always the positive!

JazakAllah Khair brother, You will be in my dua'a, you and your family. May Allah's blessing be upon you always!
Reply

IslamicRevival
09-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I wsh i could go back in time to rectify my mistakes but the fact is I cant. Whats happened has happened, Remember the good times and to hell with the bad experiences. Overide your bad thoughts with good ones and focus on the future
Reply

flowergarden
09-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by King of Nines
You have more strength than you realize.
,
Thank you, but I want to be stronger! And I think that is why I am here, to not only heal but gain strength that will not only help me in the long run, but help me help others. And that is what I want the most, to help others.

I see you have your share of hardships, and I really wish you the best on that, I wish you will see that your worth a lot. I like to think that you have to first love yourself before you can ever truly love someone, and I feel like you are on your way, that Allah tested you and you are now passing.... InshAllah you will heal too, and I hope this thread is not only helping me, but it is helping others!

May the blessings of Allah be upon you!
Reply

flowergarden
09-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
You have already committed the sins and you have no choice but to accept the past. Allaah is Most-Forgiving and Merciful and you have repented for your sins. You don't have to tell your husband of your sin. You can get through this as there are many people who are in worse situations and managed to pull through. Actually, you are very lucky that Allaah has guided you back to Islaam and that you have education, food, water, shelter, etc. with every harship there is ease.
Salaam sister,
Yes I do feel very blessed that Allah has guided me back on the right path, but sometimes I also feel hurt that this is the past and I am a muslim... granted I was not truly a practicing muslim, per se I was not very religious at all, so I am thankful that I was brought back to the light, and I feel itnever would have happened had it not been my past. So I am slowlt but surely accepting the past, and actually being thankful that I have a past to keep me wise and know to know better, that it brought me to learn and to help other, and become a sweeter person!
Reply

flowergarden
09-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Vision
I wsh i could go back in time to rectify my mistakes but the fact is I cant. Whats happened has happened, Remember the good times and to hell with the bad experiences. Overide your bad thoughts with good ones and focus on the future
Salaam,
Yes sometimes I do wish to go back, but sometimes I wish I just went to seek proper help after the rape... which than in turn would have never lead to my mistakes.

But you are right, Ishould only remember the good and rid my life of bad, as every other else has said, but it can be hard, and I am slowly learning Alhamdullilah.

Jazak Allah khair, blessing to you brother!
Reply

ardianto
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by flowergarden
Salaam Brother ardianto,
Any time I hear from you, I can feel wiser and better educated. And I thank you for the time and patience! I guess after hearing all the negative comments and than having another comment which scared me of closing the thread again, I just couldn't take it longer.


I will defiantly keep my heart and mind on the adive that has been giving. But I will admitt, as brother Eric said we are naturally hard on ourselves, so once I hear somone say something rude, or just horrible/negagitve than I just look at than but in the back of my mind I am saying "don't worry so many other brothers and sisters are on your side go back and look at their advice, and I do! I just need to always remind myself.

I need to learn better and not take everything to heart and I have a lot. I used to always take everything to heart now, I just need to rid myself of the negative and remember always the positive!
Salaam, sister.

Never give up in your effort to get the better future. And don't forget to always make dua'a. InshaAllah, Allah will give you a lot of easiness.
JazakAllah Khair brother, You will be in my dua'a, you and your family. May Allah's blessing be upon you always!
Thank you very much for your dua'a. JazakAllah Khair.

You will be in my dua'a, sister.
Reply

ardianto
09-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Alaikkum

Subhanallah you are truly gifted
You can shut any argument with your disposition

Mashallah its so rare to see people who stand with the right thing 'properly'. Allah bless you Brother, Allah bless you

I would vote for you as Moderator, Administrator of this forum, I do not like to embarass you with all these compliments, but you just deserve and I cnt help but tell that I need to remember people like you and learn alot from you, inshallah,

you are in my Duaa, you, your wife and your family,
Wa' alaikum salam.

Jazak Allah Khair. Thank you very much for your duaa, sister. And you will be in my duaa too.


But, vote me as moderator ?. What is Mr.Beardo comment on this ?. :D
Reply

Who Am I?
09-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by flowergarden
,
Thank you, but I want to be stronger! And I think that is why I am here, to not only heal but gain strength that will not only help me in the long run, but help me help others. And that is what I want the most, to help others.

I see you have your share of hardships, and I really wish you the best on that, I wish you will see that your worth a lot. I like to think that you have to first love yourself before you can ever truly love someone, and I feel like you are on your way, that Allah tested you and you are now passing.... InshAllah you will heal too, and I hope this thread is not only helping me, but it is helping others!

May the blessings of Allah be upon you!
:sl:

My problems are nothing compared to yours. We all have problems. That doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else.

But you are right about one thing. I realize that I have to learn to love myself, and I am trying to get to that point. When I do, then I can move on with the rest of my life, maybe get married, etc.

You too must learn to love yourself. Whatever you did or did not do in the past does not matter anymore. Yesterday is gone. Today is tomorrow's yesterday, so make it count.
Reply

Ansariyah
09-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Sister I see this is still troubling you. May I suggest When you make Sujud ask Allah for help for anything that's making you upset. The other day I had this feeling, a bad feeling but I didn't know where it came from why or how. I perfected my wudu and In my sujud I asked Allah to help me get rid of this, I swear by my lord by the time I raised my head from sujud and sat down It was gone. Do this for anything that's causing you grief, trouble, unsettling feelings, guilt, Allah has the answer.
Reply

flowergarden
09-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Sister I see this is still troubling you. May I suggest When you make Sujud ask Allah for help for anything that's making you upset. The other day I had this feeling, a bad feeling but I didn't know where it came from why or how. I perfected my wudu and In my sujud I asked Allah to help me get rid of this, I swear by my lord by the time I raised my head from sujud and sat down It was gone. Do this for anything that's causing you grief, trouble, unsettling feelings, guilt, Allah has the answer.
Salaam Alaikum sister,
Yes it still is hurting me so much, like many are saying it is easy to forgive someone, but hard to forgive yourself. It just hard to see that I am a pure girl. And what hurts a lot is when I read the Qur'an and I don't feel worthy of being a Muslim, yet love Allah so much! Also, the Qur'an says

The man and the woman guilty of fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes and let not compassion move you in their case in the enforcement of the law of God, if you truly believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. This man guilty of fornication may only marry a woman similarly guilty or an idolatress and this woman guilty of fornication may only marry such a man or an idolater. The believers are forbidden such marriages. (24:2-3)

I don't know if my sin is in that category (fornicator). But I just feel awful, and I am repenting and I think I always will ask Allah to forgive me that ever angers Him.

You're right praying helps, its just I want this feeling of me being a dirty/bad women to go away. I know I made my mistakes but how do I make those feelings just leave for good? Allah help me!

I don't feel like a pure women, and that is what hurts the most! :cry::cry: I am crying as I type this because I wish I could just go back and be like Rapunzel, lock up in a castle so I can't hurt.

I know I am worth a man giving me a chance, but sometimes I just feel like may be I am wrong. What is important is just getting through these bumps.

I feel selfish and stupid, because there are probably other out there going through much worse and I try to keep that in mind, but I am my head has su much pain, and my heart is still healing. I feel ashamed that I am like this. I feel weak. imsad
Reply

ardianto
09-20-2011, 09:25 AM
I am heereee ..., sister flowergarden.

I am just an ordinary Muslim, not aleem. But from what I know, surah An-Nuur 2-3 are about people who still do fornication, not about fornicators who have been repent. And from what I know, fornicators who have been repent can marry pious people.

However, you were not fornicator, you were good girl and now you are good woman. So, why you are still feel you are a bad woman ?.

There are many men out there who would marry a woman, without questioning her past, whether good or bad, because it matters to them whether this woman could be a good wife in the present and in the future. Unfortunately, they will not marry a woman who always thinks she could not be a good wife, because who they expect is a woman who is ready to build a happy family.

If you want to get married, you must stop thinking of yourself as a woman who does not deserve to get married. rest assured, you are a good woman who can be a good wife, so, you will be a good woman who can be a good wife in the future.

Always make du'aa, wish Allah send you a pious man as your husband in the future, and prepare yourself to welcome this pious man.
Reply

Who Am I?
09-20-2011, 03:37 PM
:sl:

Every day, I see more and more of myself in you, sister flowergarden.

You just have to get to a point where you're OK with who you are. Same as me. I have to let go of my past just as you have to let go of yours.

The one difference is that you want to get married and I'm still not sure that I do.

But that's neither here nor there. What's important is that you become OK with yourself.

Just remember, we all love you for the sake of Allah.
Reply

flowergarden
10-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by ardianto
am heereee ..., sister flowergarden.

I am just an ordinary Muslim, not aleem. But from what I know, surah An-Nuur 2-3 are about people who still do fornication, not about fornicators who have been repent. And from what I know, fornicators who have been repent can marry pious people.

However, you were not fornicator, you were good girl and now you are good woman. So, why you are still feel you are a bad woman ?.

There are many men out there who would marry a woman, without questioning her past, whether good or bad, because it matters to them whether this woman could be a good wife in the present and in the future. Unfortunately, they will not marry a woman who always thinks she could not be a good wife, because who they expect is a woman who is ready to build a happy family.

If you want to get married, you must stop thinking of yourself as a woman who does not deserve to get married. rest assured, you are a good woman who can be a good wife, so, you will be a good woman who can be a good wife in the future.

Always make du'aa, wish Allah send you a pious man as your husband in the future, and prepare yourself to welcome this pious man.
Salaam Wa Alaikum,
My apologizes on such a late reply, my studies have kept me busy!
JazakAllah Khair for your kindness, and true support brother. It means a lot. Its a hard bump I came across, and I guess I felt like a bad girl because I feel guilty and sorrowed for trusting someone who hurt me, when I never could hurt them. I know I repent and Allah hears me and is with me, and deep down inside I know I am not a fornicator because I just don't think I am, I didn't do anything such as.
I just feel bad... but I am getting better Alhamduillah. I see that I do deserve to have a nice man, because I am a nice women. I can see that I may have made mistakes but I am taking responsible actions by repenting.

I actuallyu had a Sister message me with a nice respond saying that with what I have been through, and the past... it is Allah's way of testing me, and showing he loves me! What do you brother's and sister's believe with that!

Sometimes, I feel like yeah I been through a lot, but I never thought about it that way?! She said something very nice. " Allah loves those that he tests"

I actually thought the opposite, I felt like I was being punished for my wrongs! I felt like a bad person, and this was a punishment... so what is your opinion?!


:statisfie:wa:
Reply

Who Am I?
10-03-2011, 04:44 AM
:sl:

I have recently learned that this life is about doing the right thing. Sister, you are on the right path. You're well on your way to becoming the kind of woman that you are supposed to be. This is all you can do. This life is our test, to see who will become who they are supposed to be. Love your enemies, be good to your fellow man, do and say the right things. This is all we can do. This is what we are supposed to do.

Most of us never even realise that we're supposed to do this. Some us figure it out but have trouble figuring out how to do it. A very few of us figure it all out and become who we are supposed to be.

You're on the right path, sister. Don't get discouraged now.
Reply

Beblessed
10-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by flowergarden
Salaam Alaikum sister,
Yes it still is hurting me so much, like many are saying it is easy to forgive someone, but hard to forgive yourself. It just hard to see that I am a pure girl. And what hurts a lot is when I read the Qur'an and I don't feel worthy of being a Muslim, yet love Allah so much! Also, the Qur'an says

The man and the woman guilty of fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes and let not compassion move you in their case in the enforcement of the law of God, if you truly believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. This man guilty of fornication may only marry a woman similarly guilty or an idolatress and this woman guilty of fornication may only marry such a man or an idolater. The believers are forbidden such marriages. (24:2-3)

I don't know if my sin is in that category (fornicator). But I just feel awful, and I am repenting and I think I always will ask Allah to forgive me that ever angers Him.
In this ayah Allaah swt talks about those who committed fornicator not those who were raped.

I do not know if the brothers here say they will marry you that will make any better for you, since they are not the ones that are marrying you, the best thing is you should turn to Allaah swt and ask Him to Heal you give you a pious husband.

my advice is to read alot of Quran, wake up for qiyaam ul layl and ask Allaah swt to heal you and ask Him for everything you want.

“O you who believe remember Allah with much remembrance, and glorify His praises in the morning and the afternoon.” [Surah Al-Ahzaab: 41-42]

And Allah says: “Those who believe and whose hearts find tranquility in the remembrance of Allah, verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find tranquility.” [Surah Ar-Radd: 28]

In another Hadith on the authority of Abu Musa al-Ash’aree (radyAllaahu ‘anhu), the Messenger of Allah said: “The comparison of the one who remembers Allah and the one who doesn’t is like that of the living and the dead.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Jabir (radhi allahu anhu) reported, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) saying: “There is an hour of the night which no Muslim person encounters and asks for a good thing for this life or the Hereafter, but Allah grants it to him. This happens every night.” [Saheeh Muslim]

Abu Umamah (radhi allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was once asked: “When are the supplications most acceptable?” He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) replied: “In the last depth of the night and at the end of the prescribed prayers.” [(hasan) at-Tirmidhee

Muadh bin Jabal (radhi allahu anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “Whenever a Muslim goes to bed in a pure state (with wudhu), falls asleep while mentioning Allah and then wakes up during the night and asks Allah for anything good, He grants it to him.” saheeh (Musnad Ahmad and at-Tirmidhee)]


Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “Our Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven, when only one third of the night has remained. He says: “Who will invoke Me, so that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim] In another report, he adds: “Then Allah extends His Hand and says: “Who wants to invest (good deeds) with the One who is not wasteful or unjust?” He continues to say this until the dawn arrives.” [Saheeh Muslim]
Reply

Beblessed
10-04-2011, 07:43 AM
The Qur’an: A Healing of Hearts:

Allah Almighty says: “We reveal of the Qur’an that which is a healing and a mercy for believers.” (Al-Israa 17:82)

“We do indeed know that your heart is distressed at what they say. But celebrate the praises of your Lord, and be of those who prostrate themselves in adoration. And serve your Lord until there come unto you the hour that is certain.” (Al-Hijr 15:97-99)

THREE CURES OF HEARTS DISTRESS:

These last verses of Surat Al-Hijr guide us to three cures of hearts distress:

The first cure is to praise Almighty Allah and glorify Him every now and then. Glorification of Almighty Allah really has to do with relieving a person’s distress and delivering him of the calamities that may afflict him: So was the case with Prophet Yunus (alayhis salaam) who was swallowed by a big fish but Almighty Allah saved him from it. Allah says about this incident:

“And had he not been one of those who glorify (Allah), He would have tarried in its belly till the day when they are raised” (As-Saffat 37:143-44)

There is indeed a strong relation between glorifying Almighty Allah and one’s feeling of comfort and relief, as well as of bodily strength. This is indicated by the following Hadith:

“Fatimah (radhiyallahu anha), daughter of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) came to him and asked for a servant to help her in doing the household, work. He (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said, ‘May I not direct you to what is better than the servant for you?’ She answered in the affirmative. He (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) then said, ‘Say SubhanAllah (glory be to Allah) 33 times, Al-Hamdulillah (praise be to Allah) 33 times, and Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest) 34 times as you go to bed.’ When Fatimah (radhiyallahu anha) did so, she felt strength in her body and was able to do all the household work by herself.”

The second cure referred to in the above verses of Surat Al-Hijr is prostrating oneself to Almighty Allah. This prostration is reflected in submission of one s heart and soul as well as physical submission during Prayer. When a person prostrates himself in utter submission to Almighty Allah, he forgets all about the worldly ill-feelings of hatred, envy, etc., and experiences lofty spiritual feelings. That is why the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), when feeling any distress, would call, “O Bilal! (Get up and) comfort us with it (the Prayer).”

The third cure is to stick to serving and obeying Almighty Allah in preparation for The hour that is certain, that is, death. Hence, adherence to glorifying Almighty Allah and submission to Him Most High heart and soul throughout one’s life is the way that brings one inner happiness and peace of mind and delivers one from distress and life pressures.

walaikum salaam warahamtullahi wabarakatuh



my advice may not be the best advice but for me I only trust in Allaah and have faith in Him, I will ask Him whatever I need, and pray istikhara for my descions. and Allhmdulilah.
everyone has small or big problems this is a test from Allaah, only with patients we will succeed.
Reply

Eric H
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Greetings and peace be with you flowergarden;

You can never forget the past, at some point you will come to terms with the past.

Failure is only failure when you give up on the mercy of Allah.

Every blessing

Eric
Reply

flowergarden
10-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by khadija
In this ayah Allaah swt talks about those who committed fornicator not those who were raped.

I do not know if the brothers here say they will marry you that will make any better for you, since they are not the ones that are marrying you, the best thing is you should turn to Allaah swt and ask Him to Heal you give you a pious husband.

my advice is to read alot of Quran, wake up for qiyaam ul layl and ask Allaah swt to heal you and ask Him for everything you want.

Salaam Alakium sister!
Thank you for your reply. I appreicate it. Allah is the only one to heal, but I am still so sad. I feel ups and down. And today, I don't feel worthy of asking Allah (swt) for anything. :(
Reply

flowergarden
10-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you flowergarden;

You can never forget the past, at some point you will come to terms with the past.

Failure is only failure when you give up on the mercy of Allah.

Every blessing

Eric
Salaam Brother Eric!
God bless you.

Well as an update, I honestly feel like a failure, I feel unworthy of Allah's blessings. That is so bad to say, but the past days I have been sad!:cry:

They say Allah test those he loves, and people tell me Allah loves me, and I feel so honored when someone says that, however, I feel like I am just bad. I feel unworthy of saying I am a virgin, I feel like I am so studpid for my mistakes, I feel so blue. I feel like I am never going to heal, and that hurts, it hurts not being able to heal or talk to someone, and just hiding the pain.

Thank you all for your support. It helps me see some sunshine.

:wa: Wa alaikum Salaam!
Reply

Who Am I?
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by flowergarden
Salaam Brother Eric!
God bless you.

Well as an update, I honestly feel like a failure, I feel unworthy of Allah's blessings. That is so bad to say, but the past days I have been sad!:cry:

They say Allah test those he loves, and people tell me Allah loves me, and I feel so honored when someone says that, however, I feel like I am just bad. I feel unworthy of saying I am a virgin, I feel like I am so studpid for my mistakes, I feel so blue. I feel like I am never going to heal, and that hurts, it hurts not being able to heal or talk to someone, and just hiding the pain.

Thank you all for your support. It helps me see some sunshine.

:wa: Wa alaikum Salaam!
:sl:

Just last night I was down and depressed. I was feeling lonely. Sometimes I don't think I will ever be able to get over my past and become a better man. It seems like I will be single and alone forever. Sometimes I feel like just giving up and going back to my old life.

"You'll never change. You're not going to be a better man. This is who you are, so just accept that," is what I hear in my head sometimes. I have even heard voices telling me to give up Islam and go back to my old way of life. "You'll never be able to do this. You can't even pray once a day and you think you can do it 5 times a day? You really think you can memorize the Qur'an when you can't even read or speak Arabic?"

I will admit there are some things that I disagree with about Islam. But I still think it is the True Path. I still I am going the right way.

Anyway sister, my point is that if I can do it, so can you.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!