/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Important Reminder!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Okay, i wanted to create this thread as a reminder thread, hoping it is also of benefit toward yourselves!..

I remember this place was a kool place (since i became active in 2010) and still is, but that doesn't mean we dont need constant reminder's, One of the reminders I have is that I dislike the use of foul language as it does not suit the character of a believer..so I hope that we'll all bear this in mind and be civil towards each other..I am not personally aiming this at anyone, but rather I feel we need a reminder regarding this issue..

here are a few ayah's and hadeeth:..

And say to My slaves (i.e. the true believers of Islamic Monotheism) that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaitan (Satan) verily, sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. [Al Qur'aan 17:53]

O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.). [Al Qur'aan 49:11]

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr: "The Prophet never used bad language neither a 'Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say 'The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759)"

So to add, that we must be mindful of the words we use, and take care as we are not on some private site, we are on a site where the world can view our posts. So taking care of words we use is indeed essential and as we also have the ability to edit our posts if we ever mess up, alhamdulilaah, this is a reminder for myself as well as others.

I want to ask, if there is anything you guys want to post up here as a reminder? Even for myself and for others, but no pointing fingers, rather a reminder in general inshaa'Allaah.

Jazakallaahu Khaayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Great reminder as usual by our sis, may Allah swt have mercy on you and your family always sis.

Just to add...

Be mindful of your speech:

Malik related to me from Muhammad ibn 'Amr ibn 'Alqama from his father from Bilal ibn al-Harith al-Muzani that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A man says what is pleasing to Allah and he does not suspect that it will have the result that it does, and Allah will write for him His good pleasure for it until the day when he meets Him. And a man says what excites the wrath of Allah and he does not suspect that it will have the result that it does, and Allah will write His wrath for him for it until the day when he meets Him."
[In Bukhari and Muslim]

Malik related to me from 'Abdullah ibn Dinar that Abu Salih as-Samman informed him that Abu Hurayra said, "Truly a man utters words to which he attaches no importance, and by them he falls into the Fire of Jahannam, and truly a man utters words to which he attaches no importance, and by them Allah raises him into the Garden."
[In Bukhari]

If anyone has anything to add then feel free to contribute inshAllah.

Ghazalah
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
"Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).'' (50:18)

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Who is the most excellent among the Muslims?'' He said, "One from whose tongue and hands the other Muslims are secure.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Sahl bin Sa`d (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whosoever gives me a guarantee to safeguard what is between his jaws and what is between his legs, I shall guarantee him Jannah.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Prophet (PBUH) saying, "A person utters a word thoughtlessly (i.e., without thinking about its being good or not) and, as a result of this, he will fall down into the fire of Hell deeper than the distance between the east and the west.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Sufyan bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked: "O Messenger of Allah! Tell me, of something to which I may remain steadfast.'' He (PBUH) said, "Say: My Rubb is Allah and then remain steadfast.'' Then I said: "O Messenger of Allah! What do you fear most about me?'' He took hold of his own tongue and said: "This.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When the son of Adam gets up in the morning, all the limbs humble themselves before the tongue and say: `Fear Allah for our sake because we are with you: (i.e., we will be rewarded or punished as a result of what you do) if you are straight, we will be straight; and if you are crooked, we will become crooked.'''
[At-Tirmidhi].

SubhanAllah.

Sorry to have raided your thread sis :embarrass

Salahudeen
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Great reminder mashaAllah! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::awesome::awesome::a wesome::awesome::awesome::alright::alright::alrigh t::alright::alright::clever::clever::clever::cleve r::bravo::bravo::bravo::ace::ace::ace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
09-11-2011, 09:48 PM
:sl: sister,

Excellent and very timely reminder.

Much appreciated. JazaakiAllah khayr.

:sl:

Innocent Soul
09-13-2011, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Malik related to me from 'Abdullah ibn Dinar that Abu Salih as-Samman informed him that Abu Hurayra said, "Truly a man utters words to which he attaches no importance, and by them he falls into the Fire of Jahannam, and truly a man utters words to which he attaches no importance, and by them Allah raises him into the Garden."
[In Bukhari]
I didn't understand :heated:. Man does the same thing :hmm:. Please explain briefly :).

SFatima
09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
It is more like " A man says something ill and attaches no importance to it, and falls in jahanum, and a man speaks good words for Allah, attaches (no) importance to it and is raised in ranks in heaven".. thats how i read it, but anyone can clarify...

Hamza Asadullah
09-13-2011, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul

I didn't understand :heated:. Man does the same thing :hmm:. Please explain briefly :).
Asalaamu alaikum. What the hadith is saying is that a person may say something and think nothing of it but it may cause him to go to Hell. For example I might ridicule someone thinking its a joke but that person may be so offended and hurt by my comments that on the day of judgement they would get recompanse in the form of my good deeds which would mean I would have little or no good deeds left and so will end up in Hell.

Whereas I may say something so nice and simple to someone which may be the means of them gaining guidance from Allah and so I would gain the pleasure of Allah and forgiveness fron my sins and protection from Jahannum.

So we should protect our tongues at all times and think before we say anything at all for one bad word out of our mouths may be enough to gain the anger and wrath of Allah and mean that our fate is in Hell or one good word may be enough to gain us forgiveness and salvation for eternity.

May Allah enable us to control our tongues and only speak good. Ameen

Amat Allah
11-26-2011, 01:44 PM
:bump1:

and also try to leave back bitting for it plants nifaaq in the hearts and you will only be from the worst of Allah`s creature A3othobellah...leave others and get busy with yourself , for someday when you stand in Allah`s court; you won`t be asked about others mistakes and deeds but about yours...then just let people alone and see what kind of relationship you have with Allah and remeber that Allah says:"Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do. (45)" Surat Al Ankaboot

if your salat doesn`t prevent ya from or prohibits you not immorality and wrongdoing (and from them back bitting) then ; I don`t know what kind of Salat you are performing and not sure if you really fear Allah...have shame from Allah before that day comes when no regret or repentance would benefit ya ever...

Wa Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Endymion
11-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Jazakallahu Khyran for the great reminder.

As im a careless speaker,i might offend any of you with my words.Please fogive me for the sake of Allah SWT if i hurt you.Believe me i respect you all and love you all like my real brothers and sisters.I'll be careful in my words inshallah.Please forgive me and keep me in your doaa.

May Allah SWT bless you all with what pleases you and bless you with success in both Dunyah and Aakhirah.Ameeeen.
You all are great people.I learn so much beneficial from you.Jazakallahu Khyran.

Misz_Muslimah
11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Jazaakalahu khayr for all the beneficial reminders and Jazaakalahu khayr for starting this thread sis :)

Just wanted to remind all of us of just how short lives really are and what's more, the fact that we don't know when we may die Subhanallah. So with the little time we have, we should rush to do good deeds because we never know when our time is up, we never know when we will no longer be able to do these good deeds. Even deeds that may seem insignificant to us carry so much reward. For example, Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There are two statements that are light for the tongue to remember, heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azim [Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection)'[Al-Bukhari and Muslim] Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) also reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The uttering of the words: "Subhan-Allah (Allah is free from imperfection), Al-hamdu lillah (all praise is due to Allah), La ilaha illallah (there is no true god except Allah) and Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest)' is dearer to me than anything over which the sun rises.'[Muslim] Subhanallah, the amount of rewards we can gain by simply saying these phrases is just unbelievable, so let's make a habit of saying these phrases whenever we have free time Inshallah

And Allah, the Exalted, says:

"So hasten towards all that is good". (2:148)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Bump!

sis muslimah
01-06-2012, 11:07 PM
jazakallahu khair for the beneficial reminder sis may Allah reward you ... ameen

Insaanah
03-17-2012, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
"Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).'' (50:18)

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Who is the most excellent among the Muslims?'' He said, "One from whose tongue and hands the other Muslims are secure.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Sahl bin Sa`d (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whosoever gives me a guarantee to safeguard what is between his jaws and what is between his legs, I shall guarantee him Jannah.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Prophet (PBUH) saying, "A person utters a word thoughtlessly (i.e., without thinking about its being good or not) and, as a result of this, he will fall down into the fire of Hell deeper than the distance between the east and the west.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Sufyan bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked: "O Messenger of Allah! Tell me, of something to which I may remain steadfast.'' He (PBUH) said, "Say: My Rubb is Allah and then remain steadfast.'' Then I said: "O Messenger of Allah! What do you fear most about me?'' He took hold of his own tongue and said: "This.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When the son of Adam gets up in the morning, all the limbs humble themselves before the tongue and say: `Fear Allah for our sake because we are with you: (i.e., we will be rewarded or punished as a result of what you do) if you are straight, we will be straight; and if you are crooked, we will become crooked.'''
[At-Tirmidhi].

SubhanAllah.

Sorry to have raided your thread sis :embarrass

Originally posted by Ghazala

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannahfor one who has good manners.''

[Abu Dawud]

Rhubarb Tart
03-17-2012, 11:06 PM

I am Sorry.

Innocent Soul
03-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Hide your sins:

Narrated by Abu Huraira (RA): I heard Allah's Apostle (SAW) saying.

"All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people) .

An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning, and says,

'O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed yesterday,' though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin) and in the morning he removes Allah's screen from himself."
(Bukhari Volume 8, No. 95)

Recite Quran and understand it:

Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet said,

'The example of a believer who recites the Qur'an is that of a citron (a citrus fruit) which is good in taste and good in smell. And the believer who does not recite the Quran is like a date which has a good taste but no smell.

And the example of an impious person who recites the Qur'an is that of Ar-Rihana (an aromatic plant) which smells good but is bitter in taste.

And the example of an impious person who does not recite the quran is that of a colocynth which is bitter in taste and has no smell."
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #93, Hadith #649)

Pray tahajjud:

It feels really good when you pray night prayer. You will get a lot of reward and feel very relaxed. It helps you realize that you have to do everything the way Allah T'aala has said us to do.

Don't waste a bit of your time in sleeping excessively because you are the only one who is responsible for your time. Plan and then do everything. Remember we are striving in the way of Allah.

Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves.
[Surah Baqara 2:222]

"And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him"
[Surat Al Haj 22:78]

Verily, the rising by night (for Tahajjud prayer) is very hard and most potent and good for governing (the soul), and most suitable for (understanding) the Word (of Allah).
(Surah Muzammil 73:6)

"..And do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect."
[Surah-Kahf:28]

"O our people, respond to the Messenger of Allah and believe in him; Allah will forgive for you your sins and protect you from a painful punishment."
[Surat Al-Ahqaf 46:31]

جوري
03-18-2012, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
I am Sorry.
I don't know what happened there to merit that her account be disabled but I didn't sense malice in this sister, just a woman broken, whose life was probably ruined by her family and an abusive Husband who in all likelihood threatened to take her child away if she decided to marry someone else.
I feel very badly for her and what transpired today..

just saying..

:w:

Insaanah
03-18-2012, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll

just saying..
:sl: dearest sis,

It was indeed very upsetting to see Muslim "brothers and sisters" talking to each other like that, and I use the speech marks deliberately, because if we saw each other as that, we would all try to be patient with each other.

In recent weeks, some Muslim members seem to be rude with each other, taking offence easily, and losing their tempers with each other at the slightest thing, and it is not only unpleasant for those involved, but also for all others reading, and it doesn't make for a very pleasant forum environment.

Regardless of who (if anyone) was initially in the wrong, I hope all else involved have/will also apologise as necessary, and I truly hope the sister will come back soon.

May Allah ease all Muslim's affairs, ameen.

I think the following thread is also a useful reminder for all of us:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ing-islam.html

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong.

جوري
03-18-2012, 04:28 PM
AMEEN YA RABB wala 7wala wla qiwta illah billah...

Salahudeen
03-18-2012, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll

I don't know what happened there to merit that her account be disabled but I didn't sense malice in this sister, just a woman broken, whose life was probably ruined by her family and an abusive Husband who in all likelihood threatened to take her child away if she decided to marry someone else.

just saying..

:w:
x2 may Allah heal her heart from whatever if anything, is troubling it, and give her happiness and contentment. ameen.

Salahudeen
03-18-2012, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

:sl: dearest sis,

It was indeed very upsetting to see Muslim "brothers and sisters" talking to each other like that, and I use the speech marks deliberately, because if we saw each other as that, we would all try to be patient with each other.

In recent weeks, some Muslim members seem to be rude with each other, taking offence easily, and losing their tempers with each other at the slightest thing, and it is not only unpleasant for those involved, but also for all others reading, and it doesn't make for a very pleasant forum environment.

Regardless of who (if anyone) was initially in the wrong, I hope all else involved have/will also apologise as necessary, and I truly hope the sister will come back soon.

May Allah ease all Muslim's affairs, ameen.

I think the following thread is also a useful reminder for all of us:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ing-islam.html

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong.

I don't post much any more because I'm tired of people nit picking on every word and sentence.

جوري
03-18-2012, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I don't post much any more because I'm tired of people nit picking on every word and sentence.
I just used the last thread you started to reply to someone.. so you know your effort is appreciated and can be just what someone is looking for... I know I was looking for something to console myself with today and Allah swt sent that thread you started my way and I sent it someone else's way..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
:salamext:

...to all who view this thread..

I am bumping this thread up because I believe a LOT of us need a reminder on board right now, and not missing myself out, including myself as well.

Inshaa'Allaah we benefit from this thread..

And forgive me if i've said anything wrong to anyone on board.

Signor
12-31-2013, 05:03 PM
:salam:

The purpose of bumping this thread is not more different thanthe previous poster.The lesson here for us all(and my advice is not for anyone but first for Myself) is that we must be extremely careful in how we speak. So many times, people mean no harm whatsoever.There is no ill will intended.But they wind up saying things in such a way that is painful to others.It is just a matter of carelessness or, at worst, ignorance.Sometimes, merely the way the words are said makes all the difference in the world. The whole message got spoiled because of the way we utter words.We need to mind our manners when speaking to others.Disagreement doesn't justifies your attitude or lack of adaab when speaking to them. It doesn't matter if the discussion causes outrage in you. Keep quiet if you are angry,since you don't know how sometimes people are so terribly hurt as a result of careless in the expression of certain ideas, as a result of someone not thinking something through.

We need to sensitize ourselves to all that is going on in the world and/of respective individuals and the minds of our listeners.If a person asks a question don't jump on them because you think it's silly or inappropriate etc. Don't make fun when giving an answer. That's not the way of bringing someone closer to the truth.It only cause them to be repelled. State the facts and the scholars opinion and leave any of your personal comments aside. We must think before we talk and think while we talk. We must know what to say, who to say it to, how to say it, and in what situations it should not be said.

I don't know whether it would be appropriate to say or not but Yes,I've seen a member here who came as non Muslim,accept Islam while he was on IB forums and then left(after a few discussions) because of the attitude of few members.Don't forget we are not only believer/follower of Islam but also its Ambassador.Representative with both of our actions and words.The following thread will help to a certain extent:

The Prophet’s Methods of Dealing with People’s Mistakes

May Allah forgive me for my shortcoming and flaws and I apologize to everyone for anything wrongly said hurting you in some or other way.

Regards

IbnAbdulHakim
12-31-2013, 06:31 PM
Reminder - most of us have extremely little knowledge - withhold your fingers my internet scholar friends !

"They ask you [O Muhammad (saws] concerning the Ruh (Soul). Say: 'It is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given very little."

[Qur'an Al-Israa 17:85]

lets remember we refer to classical scholars for fatwa in accordance with the relevant madhaahibs.

jazakAllah for your time wa barakAllaahu feek

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!